Forums

The Game Changers

The Game Changers

So meat is to artery inflammation what smoking is to lung cancer

Probably one of the best documentary of 2019

andy.connor.e | 13 décembre 2019

You most of the time, create more problems taking medicine to cover up symptoms rather than address the root cause

Magic 8 Ball | 13 décembre 2019

Lulz, I have been wondering about flu shots the past few years. Do they do some people more harm than good? Do they weaken our immune system ?

Mark K | 13 décembre 2019

Try Impossible burger. It’s actually quite good.

100% plant based, but with ‘heme’ that really gives it a meaty flavor.

I really love the taste of good steak, but I’ve changed my habits these days.

Cattle production has such a whopping CO2 signature, I decided to dial down consumption.

I was surprised to find that I just feel better physically too.

jimglas | 13 décembre 2019

@M8B: no and no
Their efficacy is sometimes pretty bad because it’s best guess at the upcoming flu season
But they cause no harm

@M8B: no and no
Their efficacy is sometimes pretty bad because it’s best guess at the upcoming flu season
But they cause no harm

"But they cause no harm"

they dont have any harmful side effects for some?

nope

lol

my arm hurt a bit at the injection site the next day

ah you're not considering people who have actual reactions to it

such as?

people die from aspirin

rxlawdude | 13 décembre 2019

@Mark K "Try Impossible burger. It’s actually quite good. 100% plant based, but with ‘heme’ that really gives it a meaty flavor."

Unfortunately, the artificial meats are higher in saturated fat than real meat.

Compared to a same-sized beef patty, an Impossible Burger contains a comparable amount of calories (240 to 260), but it scores lower in a few regards. The first is that it contains way less protein — 19 grams versus 28 grams — which may make it less filling, London says.

"The bigger downside of the Impossible Burger is that it’s also 2 grams higher in saturated fat, likely because of the coconut oil that's added," she adds. "Coconut oil contains the highest saturated fat content of any plant-based oil, despite its super 'health halo.'"

The Impossible Burger also contains a lot more sodium — about 15% of your recommended value, compared to just 4% in plain beef.

Source: https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet-nutrition/a27286383/impossi...

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 13 décembre 2019

“So meat is to artery inflammation what smoking is to lung cancer”
That statement is 100% incorrect. If meat were unhealthy then humans would have gone extinct 500,000 years ago. that documentary is complete and utter garbage packaged As fact by a group with a left wing political agenda. You need to watch better documentaries.

SCCRENDO | 13 décembre 2019

@Neo. Neanderthals lived to an average age of 37. And all those populations are far less food than us including meat and exercised more.

BumblebeEV | 13 décembre 2019

Well I didn’t have time to go through all the articles they cite in the documentary yet but I will have to take a look at the litterature because saying it is utterly garbage.

And chronic artery inflammation will make you have a heart attack at 55 instead of 85 so it would have literally no effect on an evolution stand point since the prime of reproduction is between 18 to 35. So you cannot day humans would have gone instinct since it been only post antibiotic era that we live past 50 as an average

*before

Terrible French autocorrect keyboard

BadgerErickson | 13 décembre 2019

People Eating Tasty Animals and smoking big fat Cohibas. Life is good thanks...

And blowing snow why not

hcwhy | 14 décembre 2019

.... how is this relative to Tesla, EVs, or clean energy? Better suited to a vegan health forum.

BumblebeEV | 14 décembre 2019

EVs and Veganism have the same overall result for the planet

Decrease of greenhouse gas

And do you think I’m going to subscribe to a food health forum?

jimglas | 14 décembre 2019

impossible burger is good
but more expensve than meat
I dont think it will ever catch on if that remains the case

andy.connor.e | 14 décembre 2019

You're kind of spending more money on less nutrition.

andy.connor.e | 14 décembre 2019

I could make 4 gallons of split pea vegetable soup for the price of 2 burgers.

Don’t buy gas
Don’t buy meat
Don’t buy plane tickets

Life is easy

BuffaloBillsFan | 14 décembre 2019

@Maxxer,

Yeah, about that. I am as passionate as possible about climate change. But for professional reasons, I still have to fly, and for personal reasons, I still like to eat beef (though BeyondMeat tastes just as good as any beef burger).

I guess what I am trying to say is that we can still reduce carbon emissions even if we still love a rare porterhouse steak every now and then. As for burgers, I am all in on BeyondMeat. I can’t tell a difference between that and real beef.

I haven to fly for conferences too
But this year I’m skipping one and going to local conferences instead of 5 hours flight

Trying to reduce a little bit

jimglas | 14 décembre 2019

i do all my conferences on line anymore

*have

@jim
Well I have to practice new techniques on cadaver labs and the companies have their headquarters in Naples and Clearwater for cadaver training so that’s the only thing I travel for now

Mark K | 14 décembre 2019

Trying to process those two contrasting images - vegen meat ...and cadavers.

————

jimglas - Impossible burger is too expensive right now in its novelty phase, but it’s production cost scales real well, so it will reach a steady-state cost much lower than cattle-farmed beef.

Maybe 1% the water, and actually carbon negative, since the source plants are carbon capture vectors. By contrast, cattle produce massive amounts of methane and CO2.

Steak tastes great, but if we scale up to feed it to 3 billion more people, the biome will break.

For people who just gotta have beef, it looks like bioidentical cultivated cell tissue is getting worked out, and will also massively reduce carbon footprint.

SCCRENDO | 15 décembre 2019

Impossible burgers and beyond meat are higher in calories and likely less healthy than meat. But the difference is not that significant. I am prepared to pay extra because I actually prefer the taste and by decreasing the cow population raised for beef production we are reducing methane emissions and this is beneficial in reducing climate change.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 15 décembre 2019

Has anyone ever calculated how many cow-years of methane will be released by the melting permafrost and the eruption of offshore methane hydrate? I’ll bet it’s a disgustingly huge number.

andy.connor.e | 15 décembre 2019

I have to fly to the sites i work on. If only the US had mag lev bullet trains.

flickroll | 15 décembre 2019

Am I better off getting a preemptive shot of penicillin, or going out for a night on the town with no condoms?

flickroll | 15 décembre 2019

Am I better off getting a preemptive shot of penicillin, or going out for a night on the town with no condoms?

SCCRENDO | 15 décembre 2019

It is a disgustingly high number. And why is it happening???? Because of man made climate change heating up the environment and causing the permafrost to melt. Does this get you to realize that climate change is real or do you just continue to ignore facts. I bet you think that Trump is just a corruption fighter and the only corruption worth fighting would be Hunter Biden and Burisma.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 15 décembre 2019

I wouldn’t say that Hunter Biden and Burisma are the *only* corruption worth fighting but I will tip my hat to you, Sccrendo, for acknowledging that they are a corruption worth fighting. I’m impressed that you have kept an open mind through all of this investigation turmoil.

andy.connor.e | 16 décembre 2019

The climate has never stopped changing.

SCCRENDO | 16 décembre 2019

Seriously. We have a criminal president and the most pressing issue is the son of a Democratic candidate. Firstly there was nothing illegal about what Hunter or for that matter Joe Biden did. Although the perception is bad. This is just one of Trump’s multiple crimes. $400m was approved by Congress to aid our ally Ukraine who was invaded and had territory stolen by Russia. Russia is our enemy and Trump withholding the aid was illegal. He conditioned the release of aid and a White House visit on an announcement of an investigation into Biden. This is illegal and an abuse of power at so many levels. He Leveraged public money for personal gain and aided our enemy against our ally

SCCRENDO | 16 décembre 2019

Seriously. We have a criminal president and the most pressing issue is the son of a Democratic candidate. Firstly there was nothing illegal about what Hunter or for that matter Joe Biden did. Although the perception is bad. This is just one of Trump’s multiple crimes. $400m was approved by Congress to aid our ally Ukraine who was invaded and had territory stolen by Russia. Russia is our enemy and Trump withholding the aid was illegal. He conditioned the release of aid and a White House visit on an announcement of an investigation into Biden. This is illegal and an abuse of power at so many levels. He Leveraged public money for personal gain and aided our enemy against our ally

BadgerErickson | 17 décembre 2019

@SCCRENDO Yes, Russia is an absolute enemy of the United States. Trump has been dough business in Russia and America, with the russian mobsters. Trump enthusiastically congratulates Saudis after they literally butchered Khashoggi, at the SAE embassy in Turkey. ....and the Clinton Foundation is most probably hiding Epstein somewhere in Southerner's America. They only fight in front of us, behind closed doors they're counting OUR money.

Now, on to diet and health; asians have consumed HUGE amounts of meat and nicotine, with relatively low levels of cancer. Cayenne, coriander, and cumin keeps them alive. Cancer is the cancer of America; did you know that chemotherapy Doctors are on COMMISSION, like a used car salesman? It's an extra BONUS check from the nuke corporations.

BadgerErickson | 22 décembre 2019

The 3Cs; cayenne, coriander, and cumin.

andy.connor.e | 22 décembre 2019

Dont forget turmeric. Chinese cultures have used spices and herbs for thousands of years, whereas Americans think they are healthy by drinking diet soda and lowfat meals.

teslu3 | 23 décembre 2019

"The climate has never stopped changing" but ever so slowly. It's like cruising west bound in Colorado before you get to Denver. Then you hit the Rockies. Yes climate and terrain changes, but are you prepared for the slope change? Do you think driving up I70 for an hour to Loveland Pass with dropping temperatures will use average energy consumption? After all, driving from New York has had some ups and downs and not much change in terrain, eh? Kinda like climate changes for recent millenia have been modest, so why plan ahead.

SCCRENDO | 23 décembre 2019

@teslu. I am sure I agree with your example completely/ Without man made interference the example works. But we have suddenly dropped a mountain in the middle of the flat area and deniers pretend the mountain doesn't exist.

BumblebeEV | 23 décembre 2019

I think Trump is a greater enemy to the planet than Russia is an enemy to america

BadgerErickson | 23 décembre 2019

@ Maxxer, the irony is that both Trump and Putin are OF the puppet masters, who control the pipeline valves.

Recent studies show that the oil/gas markets are about to go through the floors; humans either cannot afford to buy an ICE vehicle, OR they do not care to buy an ICE vehicle.

Herein lies a new metric that Detroit does not want you to SEE; We the People shall not bank roll anymore murder for Exxon-Mobil, whether we CAN afford it or finance it, we just SHALL NOT.

Pipeline puppet masters

That what a rise to 415 CO2 PPMs means!!!

*that’s