Forums

Model 3 Dual Motor LR AWD Charge Miles Range

Model 3 Dual Motor LR AWD Charge Miles Range

I recently charged my car to 100% for 3 days continuously for our trips. And each of these times, it showed 303, 305 and 307 miles.
And I think the max charge miles is 322 for my car? I had not charged it to 100% at all until last week and so am not sure if I should be seeing the
advertised 322 miles?
Also there was a warning msg after 3 days of continuous charge of 100% that I have been charging the battery to the max capacity.
Is that a normal message?

Thanks
RS

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi | 5 janvier 2020

Anyone? Maxxer? Fish?

Pg3ibew | 5 janvier 2020

Woooohooo, ANOTHER battery thread!!! I am stoked.

Oh I forgot Howard

kevin_rf | 5 janvier 2020

The increased range after each session seems to indicate rebalancing is happening at the higher charge levels.

gmr6415 | 5 janvier 2020

Yes, the message is normal. They are just letting you know because continuously charging to 100% can result in faster degradation.

F.vanalstine | 5 janvier 2020

I notice that the dual motor M3 now shows an advertised range of 323 miles, up from 310 miles previously.

Anyone know what the range of the LR RWD version like mine is supposed to be now. It was 325 miles when I got it last June,

BumblebeEV | 5 janvier 2020

It's The Force

Everytime you charge it more, The Force is More and More with Your Battery

SdpLV | 5 janvier 2020

Our car is doing the same. The Stats app is showing an increasing trend in range.

FISHEV | 5 janvier 2020

"I had not charged it to 100% at all until last week and so am not sure if I should be seeing the advertised 322 miles?"

Depends on if you purchased a 310 LR AWD or a 322 LR AWD.

Two down one to go

LevelHeaded | 5 janvier 2020

Even 2020s (mine built on 12/26/19) show ~310 at max charge currently

bucfan11 | 5 janvier 2020

LevelHeaded - How do you know the build day? Mine shows 12/19 as a build date on the door frame.

LevelHeaded | 5 janvier 2020

bucfan11- I only know because I was told on ~12/24 that it would be built on 12/26

bucfan11 | 5 janvier 2020

Thanks! I ordered mine on Thursday night 12-19. On Friday 12-20 they said I could pick it Sunday 12-22 in Tampa so I got an inventory car that was built sometime in December. I'm happy with that.

sheldon.mike1010 | 5 janvier 2020

Is it okay if I keep the battery pegged on 100% all the time?
Haven't seen anything in these forums about it.

stingray.don | 5 janvier 2020

sheldon.mike1010 | January 5, 2020
Is it okay if I keep the battery pegged on 100% all the time?

No. Charge to no more than 90% for daily commute and only charge to 100% when needed for a long trip.

Oh, and this information has been posted on the forum countless times.

AltoBud | 5 janvier 2020

Great charging information here
https://www.tesla.com/support/home-charging-installation/faq#supercharge...

What percentage should I charge the battery to?
Adjust how full the battery charges from the charge settings menu. For regular use, we recommend keeping your car set within the 'Daily' range bracket, up to approximately 90%. Charging up to 100% is best saved for when you are preparing for a longer trip.

nishant_vc | 5 janvier 2020

mine is 2020, AWD long range advertised 322 miles but its not charging beyond 307 or it never showed the capacity more than 311. I charged full 3-4 times and used it all weathers (Florida and NJ). Does it really have 322 capacity? will it improve? or should i report?

nishant_vc,

The 2020 AWD LR was rated at 322 miles through independent testing by the EPA, so that’s what you have. I don’t know why Tesla has yet to update the battery meter to reflect the change.

As far as only charging to 307, it is normal.

https://www.tesla.com/support/range

Shesmyne2 | 5 janvier 2020

‘ I recently charged my car to 100% for 3 days continuously for our trips.’

Stop doing that. Charge only as much as you need to get closer to your destination.
Rinse & repeat.
When there were far less SCs back in the early days we would leave with 100%. Not necessary anymore.

Still Grinning ;-)

Resist | 5 janvier 2020

People need to stop looking at the battery range display, it's not an accurate number and only gives you anxiety. Just monitor the battery percentage display. Think of it this way, an ICE vehicle's gas gauge doesn't show mileage, it shows a percentage of fuel in the tank.

radsri06 | 5 janvier 2020

FISHEV -- thanks for the response. Where do I get this info? I thought mine was 325 with the update? But am not sure if I can see this 310/325 displayed anywhere? Mine is not a Performance model though...

stingray.don | 6 janvier 2020

radsri06,

The range is established by EPA independent testing. You can look up the range for your vehicle here. As they say your mileage may vary.

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymodel/bymakemodelNF.shtml