Forums

Whistling noise in driver seat

Whistling noise in driver seat

Hi folks,

I’m sorry but I’ve had issues.

I have an ongoing whistling noise when I drive entering through the drivers side. It feels narrow enough to prevent cool wind from coming in, though it is quite appreciable both to myself as I drive and my wife when she sits in the passenger side.

Overall, this new purchase has not given me the feel of the perfect symmetric vehicle I’ve sought.

I feel like there have been a few loose parts here and there.

nima1639 | 6 janvier 2020

I have the same issue with my model X. It gets worse if you try opening and closing the window at high speeds. The window doesn’t seal properly. Worst part Tesla wants to charge $100 to test and dissect the wind noise. They also said they would charge to fix or re align the window seals. Car is 1 yr old under warranty and I have to pay for them to dissect and fix.

Mrotr565 | 6 janvier 2020

Are you kidding me. Is this some kind of joke tesla? You are selling an above 100k car with unfixed improperly working windows. And I have to live with a whistle sound in a “luxury” car in perpetuity?

Are you kidding me. Is this some kind of joke tesla? You are selling an above 100k car with unfixed improperly working windows. And I have to live with a whistle sound in a “luxury” car in perpetuity?

I am intensely upset by this purchase right now. Oh my god. Sigh, what have I done.

mkr | 7 janvier 2020

I just took delivery on 12/26/19 in OK of a Model X ($123k) and I have a whistling noise in both the front seats!!
Is it caused by poor windshield install? vent plastic? who knows! My son just sent a posing of another X owner that had water leaks at the windshield on the same model. If I ask Tesla to repair do the they come out for $100 or do I have to take to Dallas or what?

jimglas | 7 janvier 2020

FUD

jimglas | 7 janvier 2020

Expect lots of FUD as stock approaches $470

ttohumcu | 8 janvier 2020

My wife pointed out and I have the same issue. And Ssaleh you are right, I've paid over 100k for this car and we should not be hearing any issues. My previous car was Range Rover Sport for years. Never had any issues. Currently i do have 3 issues. Whistling sound, 2nd row heat does not work, voice commands do not work and my driver side handles are not aligned properly. Having a very expensive car like this, we should not be having any issues at all. I love the every other aspect of the car of course. Minor bugs will always happen and will be fixed but hardware related issues as well as the sounds we hear is not normal for an amazing car. My guess is, production is very fast and QA is not done properly. In addition, on a regular car we cant hear anything because of engine sound. Unfortunately, in Tesla we hear everything and every odd sound bugs us. just my 2 cents.

jimglas | 9 janvier 2020

This must be the latest FUD
It’s too late
The shorts have lost

sillyleann | 9 janvier 2020

I have had many bumps along the way as well. No FUD here. I just have a very truthful story. I also have the whistling problem. Mobile Ranger came out. He ordered some new seals. He is coming back to replace and try and fix my whistle. I wasn't asked to spend any money on it. I currently still have the whistle, but I am hopeful. I have about 10 things that have popped up in the 2 weeks I have driven it. Not a great track record for sure. I am going to see how it goes and reserve my angst if it is needed. I am going to give them some time. I am thankful that they come to me and I don't have to leave it at the SC. I live in OK. They will help you if you ask.

Mrotr565 | 10 janvier 2020

Yeah. People in Oklahoma and that part of the country are generally more helpful. I have to deal with a cluster where I am. I’m not at all happy with the totality of this car.

nima1639 | 10 janvier 2020

Just got my car back. They charged $100.00 to test the car. The wind noise was due to a mis-aligned Window Seal. They fixed it for free. But charging a $100.00 is still disrespectful for a 120k car.

Mrotr565 | 10 janvier 2020

Damn them Nima. Damn them to hell. I know how you feel. At least our cultural sites didn’t get needlessly destroyed.

Mrotr565 | 11 janvier 2020

So nima, is your recommendation to take it in to them?