Forums

Lost of voice calling after software update in Feb?

Lost of voice calling after software update in Feb?

Has anyone else lost the ability to voice call after the software update? Used to work fine but now, when I say "Call Home" it displays the mike and does not call. Sometimes, it will say "Navigate to "blank's phone"- unable to locate" . Very frustrating and unsafe.

Jackman | 10 février 2020

I was updated to 2020.4 about 2 weeks ago, then to 2020.4.1 last week and the voice interface for navigation, calling out and anything else is inoperable. If the voice recognition even responds, it is usually only a partial recognition and if it happens to hear the complete request, nothing happens. I'm surprised a lot more people aren't complaining about this problem. 12/16 MX90D.

ir | 12 février 2020

+1 discovered that voice commands don’t work when trying to use the “report bug” command.

All car audio is dropping in and out (turn signal, collision alerts, music and phone calls). Can’t log anything for support while voice commands are broken.

Wonder if they are all related to the audio system?

kyang002 | 12 février 2020

+1

After the last update, the voice calling no longer functions as intended. Partial recognition and incorrect names (if it accepts the name at all).

nicktillger06 | 14 février 2020

Same problem after update. 5/16 MX90D I did an online chat with Tesla and they indicated problem was reported by several owners. They said problem should be fixed by next update but didn’t indicate when that would be. I hope soon as I use voice control often and it is frustrating without.

ScooterJim | 14 février 2020

I perform a system reset, pushing both scroll buttons and holding it until the Tesla logo appears. That solve my problem of voice recognition not working.

dkathrina323 | 1 mars 2020

Yes. I have the same problem. After the software update on Feb, I lost the ability to voice call. I have tried almost all the ways to fix it, but nothing happened. http://rheumatologyhelps.com So anyone please help us to solve this problem.

Propwash | 4 mars 2020

Yes I have the same problem of non voice recognition after the FEB update. last week I took it in to tesla Seattle/Renton it works much better but its not 100% yet.

Jackman | 6 mars 2020

I got the latest 2020.8.1 update last night which was to fix the voice recognition issues and it doesn't. If anything, it's worse. Does not recognize 'calls or 'navigate' keywords.

loganx1122 | 17 mars 2020

After the 2020.8.1 update lost voice calling as well the ability to get into the frunk from the main screen or phone. I did a reset to no avail.

After the 2020.8.1 update lost voice calling as well the ability to get into the frunk from the main screen or phone. I did a reset to no avail.