Forums

Seems like the Tesla Fremont factory is reopening today

Seems like the Tesla Fremont factory is reopening today

I was at the supercharger at the factory this morning and saw the employee parking filling up. I think they should be allowed to open up as long as they can guarantee safety for the employees.
Wondering if that is still in violation of Alameda county order or they made a deal with the county or city under the threat of moving Tesla out of CA and pending lawsuit.
According to the state they would be allowed to open up production under Phase 2 but Alameda county and others in the Bay Area decided to delay the implementation of Phase 2.

andy.connor.e | 11 mai 2020

Good to hear they are following through.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

They should have opened months ago. I think it is probably safer to be at Tesla working than goiing to a gas station or grocery store where I see people who don't know how to wear a mask. Tesla has the precautions and proven track record of no virus at the China plant and other facilities.
Stop the fossil fuel politics. I would like to keep Tesla in this state and we must work to fire those fossil fuel paid politicians.

blue adept | 11 mai 2020

Yep! He's daring the local authorities to arrest him:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/05/11/musk-tesla-factory/

MitchP85D | 11 mai 2020

I think Musk is testing California. If California arrests Musk, that's it!

FISHEV | 11 mai 2020

Eyup...old Elon is putting his workers at risk, paying them less all for ego and cash for him. What a jerk.

FISHEV | 11 mai 2020

Hopefully the County will give him the 90 days in jail but since he's not actually the plant manager, the plant manager will get the jail time.

wow good for musk. i havent seen this kind of american action since the 1800s.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

FISHEV | 11 mai 2020

andy.connor.e | May 11, 2020 "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson.

So the Tesla workers should ignore Musk back to Covid-19 for cash orders.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

@andy.connor.e
Right On. Even some anti Tesla people are now aware of Tesla. Not bad to get free advertising.

MitchP85D | 11 mai 2020

Doesn't appear the Tesla workers back California. They back Musk!

Ross1 | 11 mai 2020

We only obey the laws we believe in. Think about it.

If you read the comments to Assemblywoman Lorena Gonzalez's tweets, almost no one supports her.

Everyone supports Elon.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

Do you believe in stoning people for adultery?

MitchP85D | 11 mai 2020

For the most part Ross1. Not everything.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

post meant to the ross

This is truly a movement. Everyone is watching first hand as real American action unfolds.

MitchP85D | 11 mai 2020

Ozone Hole Mike, that was goofy.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

Tesla PR is worldwide now. Awesome.

+1 @Mike83

California has certainly given Tesla more free advertising than they could have ever paid for.

MitchP85D | 11 mai 2020

Every day, Fox Business has a segment on Tesla. 99% positive.

SCCRENDO | 11 mai 2020
rob | 11 mai 2020

@SCCRENDO
I agree that opening too early would be disastrous. The problem is defining "too" early. And what is opened.

To one extreme we probably agree. If there are stadiums full of football fans in August and September then I'm moving to New Zealand.

However, if the government wants to crush individuals by over controlling them to the point that they are dependent upon gov aid... That is equally bad if not worse.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

Tesla isn't opening too early.

"However, if the government wants to crush individuals by over controlling them to the point that they are dependent upon gov aid... That is equally bad if not worse."

+1

Opening up business should not mean to return to "business as usual" and act like the virus doesnt exist anymore like what i've been told is happening in Florida. But like you said, relying on the government could get ugly. hope not

rob | 11 mai 2020

I agree with 83
But Tesla has fallen out of favor with their home county. How weird is that?

Its very weird @rob. Whats even weirder is that the california assemblywoman does not have the support of its citizens. they seem to overwhelmingly support musk

WW_spb | 11 mai 2020

Elon, show them true American spirit! We stand with you and not corrupt politicians.

FISHEV | 11 mai 2020

andy.connor.e | May 11, 2020 "However, if the government wants to crush individuals by over controlling them to the point that they are dependent upon gov aid... That is equally bad if not worse."

Don't see those rugged individuals on Wall St turning down the trillion$ GOP gave to them. Funny how when you take a million it's patriotism but if take $100 its welfare.

FISHEV | 11 mai 2020

W_W | May 11, 2020 Elon, show them true American spirit!"

Well the working people dying for rich people's cash spirit anyway.

Did FISHEV really just quote me quoting rob as if i said it? Talk about FUD.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

Grocery shopping or going to a gas station is much more likely to contract a virus than a monitored factory Like Tesla which has proven itself secure months ago. Fossil fuel flakes keep posting crap of course.

M i c h e l l e ✨
@ChillMichelle 3h
From what I gather,
@Tesla
was told they could operate by the state of CA but Alameda County illegally overrode that decision.
@elonmusk
can you confirm?
People are so quick to jump to conclusions but it's good to remember there's usually more behind the scenes.

Elon Musk
@elonmusk 3h
Yes, California approved, but an unelected county official illegally overrode. Also, all other auto companies in US are approved to resume. Only Tesla has been singled out. This is super messed up!

People are acting like its just Tesla. Well, they're right that its just Tesla.

Mike83 | 11 mai 2020

I guess the stink got flagged away.

rob | 11 mai 2020

@andy.connor.e "Did FISHEV really just quote me quoting rob as if i said it? Talk about FUD."

Ha ha, I saw that too. He needs to give it up.

WW_spb | 11 mai 2020

We all know Fish don't read posts he just quickly grabs and run for it. Just like with his links to articles.

Tesla2018 | 11 mai 2020

F*ck Elon. The blood of his employees will be on him along with those in the community that they infect and kill. A new car is not an essential item. We waited years to get our cars but he can't wait a few weeks?
Elon could take his 700 million bonus and use it to pay his 2000 Freemont employees $35000 each. Greedy bastard.

Tesla2018 | 11 mai 2020

I meant 20.000 employees.

texas would welcome 20k employees and future expansion. any state to even consider potentially driving that out is moronic. you're driving out 20k people worth of economic activity, residents for property taxes, income tax. Not too intelligent.

FISHEV | 11 mai 2020

andy.connor.e | May 11, 2020 Not too intelligent."

But protecting the 10,000 workers at Tesla Fremont plant from a nutcase Covid-19 denier who is putting their lives and their families lives at risk with economic black mail is both intelligent and the right thing to do.

Orthopod | 11 mai 2020

Hope that Elon includes a gun and ammunition when he signs a new employee in Texas to make sure they can defend against authority trying to fuck with their business.

rob | 11 mai 2020

@Orthopod
He won't need it. The police will shoot the open carries first because they look like an immediate threat.

Elon doesnt need guns. They have flamethrowers

SCCRENDO | 11 mai 2020

Again. Let the courts decide. Public health experts should be the ones to judge Elon’s plan. If this is just pettiness as some claim let the courts decide. I am pretty skeptical that a county would intentionally sabotage q business such as Tesla.

imnotarobot | 11 mai 2020

Spacex rocks!

FISHEV | 12 mai 2020

SCCRENDO | May 11, 2020 I am pretty skeptical that a county would intentionally sabotage q business such as Tesla."

On the other hand we know Musk was Covid-19 denier from the beginning. He, like Trump, refused to recognize the danger and now 100,000 Americans have died and the economics cost is $10T on more. Musk's track record from denial to fake "ventilators" is a bad one and he should be the last person making more bad decisions that put 10,000 workers and their families at risk, the health care workers who will have to care for them and the entire county which will also risk more infections and even higher costs.

It's why we leave the decisions up to medical professionals and not greedy businessmen who put profit over public health.

SCCRENDO | 12 mai 2020

@Fish. I am listening to the Senate COVID hearings. Pity Deadly Donald blocked Fauci in the house. But they are very good. The armchair medical authorities here have the potential to learn something if they watched

blue adept | 12 mai 2020

@andy.connor.e

Please stop hyping Texas.

blue adept | 12 mai 2020

@one-and-all/@Tesla, et al.

Arguably, if Tesla's employees follow the guidelines and exercise the proper caution required to prevent contracting or spreading of the virus then why shouldn't they be allowed to return to work?

Granted, while Elon can't reasonably do anything outside of the workplace to prevent the spread of the virus, he can regiment employee behavior on the grounds/within the confines of the factory itself.

For example, as long as every employee steps out of their car with a mask and gloves on and keeps them on throughout the day while maintaining adequate distancing from other workers at all times throughout the day, is screened for a high temperature prior to entering the workplace, and is tested weekly (again, because Tesla holds no responsibility for a worker's behavior outside of the workplace), then the (Alameda) county should have no cause for concern about Elon resuming operations at the Fremont Giga.

andy.connor.e | 12 mai 2020

sure ill stop hyping texas. its not really exclusively about texas, the point is any state would probably accept an HQ and/or factory relocation from Tesla with open arms. I am in support of Tesla moving out of texas as per Elon's indication over the weekend.

andy.connor.e | 12 mai 2020

texas texas texas texas

***I am in support of Tesla moving out of calivornia as per Elon's indication over the weekend.***

Pages