Forums

Wrong color

Wrong color

My Tesla page shows my car is blue. I really don't want blue. How do I make sure my caris delivered in that beautiful silver color.

bmalloy0 | 5 février 2017

That's just a sample picture, everyone's is the same (most likely). You'll be able to pick your color when you're invited to the design studio

Efontana | 5 février 2017

Yeah, blue is the perfect color for destroying interest. You will see it in ads where they are trying to make you question whether your are still alive.

Don't know why Tesla chose it. Maybe to reduce demand and make the list shorter?

Keith909man | 5 février 2017

You assumed thats a picture of your actual car when you haven't even placed an order for a car?... Thats just a promo picture of a model 3 that just happens to be placed on the reservation page. You haven't ordered a car yet and you would know if you did lol

Bighorn | 5 février 2017

Order silver

cars | 5 février 2017

Each to their own. I think silver is a boring colour, much prefer the deep blue metallic.

KP in NPT | 5 février 2017

Oh lord.

sailor7lH | 5 février 2017

It would be great marketing to allow us to customize our Model 3 now. But if it means I get it sooner...blue will do for now!

mikdot | 5 février 2017

Blue is great for me. Why would you ever want a car that looks just like every one else's?

Larsar | 23 février 2017

It's gotta be green for me. For the life of me, I cannot understand why most car companies do not offer their cars in green. Silver and grey (and their many many variations are so boring and common. Yeah, OK; I'm a girl. However, the classic MGB was offered in green; one of the nicest Jaguar models was offered in green; and I could go on. Just like any other color, the key in in the saturation and luminance. So, any color can be absolutely gorgeous, classy, captivating, and perfect. I want that. In green.

SoFlaModel3 | 23 février 2017

Since we're picking colors :)

I love Midnight Silver with the dark gray rims. I also love that it always looks clean. Even though my car is garage kept at home, it sits out in the Florida rain all day while I'm at work and anything but silver or a dark silver constantly looks dirty.

I'm holding out hope that day 1 reservation holders get a special color that only they can order and then I would be hard pressed not to take that color...

jamilworm | 23 février 2017

I'm kind of set on yellow or orange. Since I don't think Tesla is likely to offer either I am probably going to get my Model 3 wrapped.

Efontana | 23 février 2017

How much does a plain white wrapper cost?

M3München | 24 février 2017

When they deliver your blue Model 3, just get some Elmer's glue and glitter. Problem solved.

topher | 24 février 2017

" I want that. In green."

Yes!

Thank you kindly.

PaceyWhitter | 24 février 2017

Yeah, Tesla just sends you a car with whatever options and color they choose and then bill you later. It is a very unique strategy, you didn't read the fine print?

dsvick | 24 février 2017

The car on my myTesla page is facing left, what if I want to go the other way?

Quinten | 24 février 2017

My show up blue as I think that is the default color. So what are the color we might get? Matte Black, Red, Sliver, and Blue?

Tcloutier5890 | 24 février 2017

I have some land in the desert for sale, looks like there may be some takers here.

jdanielp_uk | 24 février 2017

@dsvick good news! The world is spherical so if you keep driving left you will eventually end up to the right... ;)

dsvick | 24 février 2017

Thanks @jdanielp, I solved it myself and turned my monitor over.... but then everyone fell out of the car, good thing it had autopilot :)

TeslaTap.com | 24 février 2017

Who knows what the other color choices are. Tesla could go bold and have Lime Green, Purple, Orange, and Magenta, but I doubt it. If Tesla doesn't offer the color you want, wrap it and get just about any color you want!

jvasser3 | 24 février 2017

I'm so ready to get invited to the design studio. I know it's a long way away but I'm so ready for my car lol

Garyeop | 27 février 2017

I did not see this posted

http://www.model3config.com

jon | 28 février 2017

@garyeop that has been posted since I believe April last year shortly after the car was unveiled.

topher | 1 mars 2017

@gary:

Thanks for the bump. Many people probably won't have seen that.

Thank you kindly.

JeffreyR | 1 mars 2017

@dsvick asked, "The car on my myTesla page is facing left, what if I want to go the other way?"

I can write you a Chrome plugin to fix that too.

http://jsfiddle.net/yong/ZJQX5/

JuJo0 | 1 mars 2017

@JeffreyR +100

soakes | 1 mars 2017

Rainbow colours please

JuJo0 | 1 mars 2017

@soakes

You can get a rainbow wrap. :) I think I've seen a 4 tone wrap that was similar to oil spill rainbow. Can't remember where but it was actually very nice.

4fishtankz | 1 mars 2017

I agree that since this is a smaller car, brighter colors would look great. I like blue, but when I went to the show room, the blue available is so dark! Would like a brighter blue (think Ford or Honda blue, a nice bright cobalt!). Green sounds good too. They had at one time a nice brownish color, don't see that any more as an option. What about champagne gold? Well, if picking what color they have means getting it sooner, will go with it, as long as not black (watch it be black, LOL)

Rocky_H | 1 mars 2017

@4fishtankz, Quote: " I like blue, but when I went to the show room, the blue available is so dark!"

Oh jeez, you think that about the blue now? You should have seen the off-black version of blue they had before.

KP in NPT | 1 mars 2017

haha I have the old blue, @Rocky. it's the best color. ;-)

JeffreyR | 1 mars 2017

@KP in NPT wrote, "haha I have the old blue, @Rocky. it's the best color. ;-)"

You know @KP is usually right, and here she goes being all right again!

Have you seen the "stealth" version of her car? It's my personal favorite:
http://northwestautosalon.com/2013/05/stealth-mode-activate-tesla-model-...

Imagine that w/o a nosecone.

Red Sage ca us | 1 mars 2017

The best wrap I ever saw was in the movie 'Johnny Dangerously' (1984).

emptimind | 2 mars 2017

If we're stuck to the standard colors, I'll probably go red. But I'd honestly love some candy apple green. So sick of boring silver cars.

dsvick | 2 mars 2017

@JeffreyR - "Have you seen the "stealth" version of her car? It's my personal favorite:
http://northwestautosalon.com/2013/05/stealth-mode-activate-tesla-model-..."

I'd love to know what that cost. I'm pretty sure I can't afford it but I want to know ..

bmalloy0 | 2 mars 2017

Red Sage: +5 for Johnny Dangerously

4fishtankz | 2 mars 2017

"If we're stuck to the standard colors, I'll probably go red. But I'd honestly love some candy apple green. So sick of boring silver cars."

Yes, need colors to set this car apart from the pack and boring iterations of grey!

Though the silver S with chrome wheels I saw was pretty, I'd like some bright options :).

Rocky_H | 2 mars 2017

*yawn* black, white, grey, dolphin grey, pearl white, obsidian black, silver, metallic silver, off-grey, greyscale, ivory, copier paper, ......

Dang, yes, I would love a bright green!

djharrington | 2 mars 2017

I thought everyone was getting flat black

HockeyEV | 2 mars 2017

I was under the same impression djharrington. I didnt even think there would be other colors in the configuration tool when it comes out.

joris.lamers5 | 2 mars 2017

silver is so lame ... so standart ... so classic ... so ... lack of imagination.
I like it when the dark roof is in contrast with the car color, dark roof-red car or dark roof-white car etc ...
Mate black is passé ... this color you will get tired off after just a few weeks

djharrington | 2 mars 2017

Any other color facts, Joris? ;)

Carl Thompson | 2 mars 2017

Silver may lack imagination but it looks really, really good on Teslas. I'm not sure I'd want to get another color that doesn't look as good just to be different. (Or would I?)

Carl

JeffreyR | 2 mars 2017

@dsvick I know, right?!

There are dozens of threads about wrapping options. Find someone that is highly recommended in your area, then show them the pics. There's your answer.

I'm thinking:
tint all the glass (yes, even on windshield just no darker there) + "free" color paint + semi-clear matte wrap for protection

I'm in San José so lots of options for me. Once the Design Studio opens, and I have an idea about my actual budget, I'll get a quote.

KP in NPT | 2 mars 2017

Oooh Jeffrey that was nice! I hadn't seen a matte navy blue. I have a thing for Navy. And white. I'm usually wearing one or the other or both. haha. But I could never deal with matte - too much work. Model 3 will be white/white - at least that's what I say today. ;-)

Carl Thompson | 2 mars 2017

Matte paint requires more maintenance and care than regular paint, but I'd guess a matte wrap wouldn't require any more care than a regular wrap. What are the maintenance considerations for wraps?

KP in NPT | 2 mars 2017

Matte shows fingerprints terribly, from pictures I've seen. The matte black Model 3 prototype looked like hell after a few test drives. You have to be pretty anal about it and that's not me. ;-)

Red Sage ca us | 2 mars 2017

bmalloy0: +21 for reminding me inadvertently of 'Short Circuit' (1986)!

Johnny 5 is alive!

Red Sage ca us | 2 mars 2017

RED is the onliest color there will ever be...
BLACK is not at bright as RED,
It's the finest shade since the color RED, though...

Pages