Forums

Public chargers will be max out

Public chargers will be max out

Way too many hybrids on the roads. I am going to public places and I see ridiculous cars like BMWs and ugly Volt thing with a small battery taking over EV public ports. I would put the largest battery available (75KWh) and hopefully never rely on public charge in my city again.

lilbean | 28 mai 2017

I know. I see hybrid suvs taking up chargers and also ICE vehicles.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 28 mai 2017

It just continues the theme we have all been aware of and that traditional automobile manufacturers know about but refuse to accept as fact: Once you give people any fully electric range at all, the first thing they ask for is more fully electric range. The 'plug-ins' that allow as few as 11, 12, 13, 15, 20, 30, 50, or 75 miles of fully electric range, then force people to deal with their 'hybrid' or 'extended range' ICE based drivetrains are not a 'solution' so much as a 'stopgap'. The traditional automobile manufacturers likely won't move to produce fully electric cars in volumes to match or surpass Tesla even if their internal battery cost were below $25 per kWh.

FISHEV | 28 mai 2017

@MarlonBrown "I am going to public places and I see ridiculous cars like BMWs and ugly Volt thing with a small battery taking over EV public ports."

That is what the EV stations are for so great to see that but different here in EV heavy PDX. Most of the charging stations are open all the time.

Most who do use the EV chargers are condo/apartment dwellers who went EV but have no home charging so they have to use the public EV chargers.

@MarlonBrown "I would put the largest battery available (75KWh) and hopefully never rely on public charge in my city again."

Which is what most do and why you don't see the EV charging stations used that much. That's why the projected range on the T370D of nearly 300 miles is so good. No one has to waste time going out of their way to go to public charging stations and then spending hours charging.