Forums

Moving PowerWall 2's

Moving PowerWall 2's

It's probably way too early but does anybody know how much work is involved with moving a power wall 2 installation from one home to the next? Planning to move in about 4 years.

Does this affect the SGIP rebate at all?

phoenixphreak | 19 février 2019

Bumping this, as I have the same question!

phoenixphreak | 19 février 2019

Bumping this, as I have the same question!

Jerry | 27 mai 2019

Am interested in anyone’s experience moving a PowerWall from one home to another.

roger | 4 juillet 2020

I am also keen to know what the official Tesla advice is on this issue.
Selling house soon, and estate agents opinion is that most buyers will not be willing to pay what the battery is worth to me on top of what the house is otherwise worth.
So does anyone know what Tesla say we should do if we wish to take our PW2 with us?

Patrick | 4 juillet 2020

Suggest giving them a call and asking the question. (877) 961-7652

Patrick | 4 juillet 2020

Another suggestion - don’t attempt to establish a separate value for the PW system itself - just add your PW cost to the listing price of the home. Simple. Small $ in the grander scheme of things.

Even if Tesla supports removing/reinstalling the system you will pay for tech labor twice - once on both ends - vs just buying a new system for the next home. Plus PW prices have recently been reduced in the latest bundles from Tesla direct.

TeslaTap.com | 4 juillet 2020

I did watch them install my Powerwalls, and it's no easy task. They do have a special lift to move them into place. At around 250 pounds they are a beast! The electrical work looks to be fairly easy and straight forward. Overall, I like the idea of selling them with the house rather than moving them, but it just depends if you can increase the value to cover the cost. It also may make for a quicker sale to those who would like PowerWalls.

TeslaTap.com | 4 juillet 2020

I did watch them install my Powerwalls, and it's no easy task. They do have a special lift to move them into place. At around 250 pounds they are a beast! The electrical work looks to be fairly easy and straight forward. Overall, I like the idea of selling them with the house rather than moving them, but it just depends if you can increase the value to cover the cost. It also may make for a quicker sale to those who would like PowerWalls.

gregbrew | 4 juillet 2020

For my two PWs, the installers used straps, similar to those used for carrying drywall, in construction. They were very effective, and enabled two relatively strong people to lift them over the mounting "hooks". Until I saw them doing that, (and how much they struggled to lift it), I was concerned that someone might steal mine. I no longer worry about that.