Forums

Current Tesla Owner's son is Victim of Florida School Shooting - Please help me reach Elon

Current Tesla Owner's son is Victim of Florida School Shooting - Please help me reach Elon

My name is Max Schachter. I am a proud owner of a Model S and now Model 3. My son Alex Schachter was one of the 17 victims of the school shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fl on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. Alex loved my model S and was so looking forward to driving in my model 3. He looked up to Elon and idolized him for trying to help, save, and improve the world we live in thru Tesla, Space X, The Boring Company, and Solar City. It would be great if he could help our small community and the kids at Stoneman Douglas High School. Please spread the word and help me get Alex’s story to Elon. I am hoping that by posting this on the Tesla Forums you will be able to help a lot of the other kids at Alex's high school and improve security at their school so Alex’s brother and sisters are not afraid to go back next week after the funeral.

Even though I have not met each and every one of you reading this post I feel close to you and know that you are praying for my family and the other victims. Please help me, my kids, and my community by posting this to your social media. We need all the help we can get!

Here is the gofundme page I have set up in Alex’s honor.

https://www.gofundme.com/55jm4g8

Here is the press release about my little boy as well:

Alexander Logan Schachter (Alex) was just fourteen years old when he was tragically murdered at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on Wednesday, February 14, 2018. On the cusp of adolescence, Alex’s bright smile and joyful personality were contagious. He was a devoted son and grandson, incredible brother and he was loved by aunts, uncles and cousins. His dad best describes him as “his little Alex and just a sweetheart of a kid”.

Alex was a true friend to so many kids locally and from across the country through his connections at Camp Echo in New York. He enjoyed spending time with friends, watching movies, playing video games and just being a kid. Alex was always smiling and happy and kids were naturally drawn to his energy. He was a freshman and joined the Eagle Regiment Band as an outlet for his creativity. Alex played the trombone and the baritone and beemed with pride when he spoke about winning the state championship in Tampa this past year. His favorite song comes from the group Chicago – 25 or 6 to 4. Alex also played basketball through the Parkland Recreation League and was always ready for a game.

Alex is survived by his father, Max and mom, Caryn. He idolized his older brother, Ryan, 17, and they attended high school together. He also has two sisters, Morgan, 16 and Avery, 12 and the family enjoyed travel, celebrating holidays and just being together. He especially cherished spending time with his dog, Fiona.

In 2008, Alex’s beloved mom, Debbie, passed away suddenly and he loved her dearly. The family takes comfort in knowing they will be together. While there are no words that can come close to describing the joys of being with Alex, he will remain in the hearts of all who knew him.

lilbean | 17 février 2018

Dear Max,
My heart breaks for the tragic loss of your beautiful son. You were truly blessed to have two wonderful angels in your life. I am glad that you take comfort in knowing that they are together in heaven. I pray for you and your family that you may have peace during this most difficult time. Someday when you see them again, you too will be together with them for all eternity and nothing will separate you again. God bless you and may His loving arms comfort you always.
Love,
Lilbean

Vawlkus | 19 février 2018

Twitter is probably the fastest way to put this where Elon will see it. I’m not savvy enough with that platform to do it myself, but I’ll wager someone here can get that done.

My condolences.

poloX | 19 février 2018

Max,
my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. It is a shame that this issue still has not had a solution in the richest and one of the most advanced nation on earth.

Triggerplz | 18 décembre 2019

@claire to post spam on a thread like this is truly disgusting there’s a special in hell awaiting you

Triggerplz | 18 décembre 2019

Triggerplz | December 18, 2019
@claire to post spam on a thread like this is truly disgusting there’s a special PLACE in hell awaiting you