Forums

100D Specs

100D Specs

Hi All,

So I received my 100D a couple days ago and I must say this thing is a beast. Now I'm really curious what the specs are on it. I had previously only tested a P100D and thought I might have some regret not going with that model. I was completely wrong and am actually happy I didn't spend that extra money. My 100D is lightning fast! I tried looking online for specs on this car and all I have found is...

259 hp @ 6,100 rpm (193 kW) for each motor
184 lb·ft (249 N·m) for each motor

Are these specs correct because the torque seems low compared to the power I felt.

I have owned some pretty quick vehicles in my life including a V10 BMW M5 and a 2015 Yamaha R1, so I'm not exaggerating.

Off topic, but glad I got my X when I did. New CPU and updated navigation in software update :)

johnse | 28 mars 2018

The HUGE difference in an EV drivetrain is that electric motors can develop their full torque the moment you apply the juice. There is no delay. There is no matching of the spinning engine to the stopped wheels via a slipping clutch.

Teslas (I’m pretty sure all of them, not just Ludicrous ones) have so much torque when stopped they have to limit it electronically.

jerryk | 29 mars 2018

I think johnse is on the right track. My initial impression is that once you are used to ICE engines that have to "get on the curve" before they really start pulling, the instant (from 0 RPM) torque of an electric motor makes it difficult to calibrate the power produced based on ICE experience.

hostbar | 29 mars 2018

Good to know, picking mine up tomorrow afternoon.

joeydiaz | 29 mars 2018

Thanks @johnse and @jerryk. Congrats @hostbar! Has anyone hooked up a vbox to a X 100D? I want to know real world numbers. I know this thing is going faster that the 4.7 sec 0-60 it's spec'd to do.