Forums

Powerwall recall

Powerwall recall

Does anyone know more about the Powerwall recall? I got mine here in the SF Bay Area back in December and it has worked fine until recently when it suddenly went kaput. The Tesla app showed no power flows any direction, but I could still read the battery charge percentage. Did all the normal troubleshooting and called Tesla tech-support but they couldn’t fix it. After a few days they said parts needed to be replaced.

Now even the powerwall percentage is unreadable, not sure if the battery ran out. But our utility shows that we're sending a lot of power out to the grid, so it’s good to know that the panels are still working. Saw my installer today and asked him when he expects to get the parts to fix this and he is optimistic it will be next week. (At that point we will have been without a battery for more than three weeks. ) He says there was a recall of the earlier powerwalls but since we got ours installed so quickly, back in December, we got one of the lemons. Tesla has been great, if perhaps a bit slower to get the parts out then I was hoping, but I’m just curious to know more about the situation. Does anyone know why the powerwalls were recalled around the turn of the year?

Patrick | 23 giugno 2018

Powerwall 1 or 2?

Tesla-David | 23 giugno 2018

We got our PW2 installation (2 batteries) last Thursday, and so far everything is working perfectly in Self Powered mode. No grid electricity at all past two days, entirely from solar (13.2 kWh) and PW2. Hope you get your PW2 back up and running soon! I have heard nothing about PW2 recalls, and hope ours continues to work as it presently does.

brian.rtl | 26 giugno 2018

Haven’t heard anything else about a recall, other than the original comment by my local installer. In any event they finally fixed things today and my Powerwall 2 is back up and running again which is great.

The issue turned out to be in the gateway. Tesla had my installer swap out the original Neurio with the radio communications, for a replacement unit with the RS-485 serial wired connector. So about a month without battery back up for a part replacement that took roughly an hour to install. Frustrating that the loss of this Neurio means that the battery was inoperable. I would’ve thought the powerwall could have still supply power but apparently I need to learn more about Neurios.

Tesla-David | 27 giugno 2018

@brian.rtl, Our PW2 installers advised me to remove our Neurio-Solar app, which I did, as the Powerwall app provides everything the Neurio app was giving me, and I don't miss it at all. The Neurio-solar app I mentioned was an aftermarket app I purchased to give me real time solar and usage data (https://www.neur.io/category/solar/) prior to PW2 installation.

We are six days with our two-PW2 system, and everything is working perfectly, and I couldn't be happier. We have not drawn any electricity from grid in past five days, and have been 100 percent sufficient with solar + powerwall, home useage, EV charging (MS and M3), and exporting quite a bit of electricity back to grid.

Patrick | 27 giugno 2018

We've been using the add-on Neurio monitoring system with our PV generator for about a year now. Was surprised to see a recent picture of one installed inside a Tesla energy gateway box.

Do all new PW2/gateway installations come with an internal Neurio system to feed data to the Tesla app?

brian.rtl | 27 giugno 2018

David, haven’t used any third party party apps myself including from Neurio. The installers just replaced the Neurio hardware device internal to the gateway.

Enjoy being grid-free! We went a good six months without pulling any power from the grid, so it was rather a letdown to have the PW off-line this past month. Glad to have it back.

Patrick: I’m not really clear on the technical aspects, but all the pictures I’ve seen of the Tesla gateway internals show the Neurio in the top left corner. I am 99% sure that is standard but I’ll let one of the more EE-type folks chime in.

Tesla-David | 29 giugno 2018

@brian.rtl and @Patrick, they uninstalled our Neurio-solar app, when they did our PW2 installation las week. They indicated that my third party Neurio app was redundant with the Gateway, although they said nothing about there being a Neurio app inside the Gateway. I will ask them about that when they are out to install the slow-start device to our heat pump next week. Eight days in and I am absolutely blown away with our PW2 system. Our utility demand meter has not budged in last seven days (100 percent self sustaining), and we are exporting ~51 percent of our solar back to grid, after covering our home usage, EV charging, and PW2 charging. Our batteries are only drawing down to about 80 percent at night and the PW2 are charged back up to 100 percent by 10 a.m. Life is Good! ;0)

Brentt | 21 dicembre 2018

Move to top. Maybe someone will remove the spam!

RocTesla | 24 dicembre 2018

I’d experienced the same issue where the power flow stopped after 6 months of being in service. After 2 weeks of diagnostics, they found it to be a faulty neurio meter as well. However, because of poor communication and the holidays, it took a total of 2 months for it to be fixed. I’m happy that it’s back online now.

Tesla-David | 24 dicembre 2018

Six months of excellent performance with our 2 PW2’s. Totally blown away and deeply satisfied. No performance problems.

rheaumes2011 | 29 dicembre 2018

Is there an active recall on powerwall

khivateam7 | 21 gennaio 2019

Enjoy being grid-free! We went a good six months without pulling any power from the grid, so it was rather a letdown to have the PW off-line this past month. Glad to have it back. So that then i visit on thishttps://www.brawlstarspc.co/ and https://rulesofsurvivalpc.co/

zubinanary | 31 gennaio 2019

(a) There is NO active recall on the Powerwall.. Some units are faulty and Tesla are replacing them. Apparently one of the pumps are bad. Version 1.23 now does "preventative maintenance on it's thermal control system". The results are then fed up to Tesla and they can determine which Powerwalls may need to be replaced if they have that bad pump.

(b) My setup has two Neurio, each with four ports, and I'm currently using 5 of the 8 ports. I have noticed that one of my Neurio does crash/hang, but luckily that one is on it's own 15amp breaker, so I just reset the breaker and all is well. If it continues to occur, I'll have to call it in to see if they get replace the Neurio.

khivateam7 | 13 febbraio 2019

While The Doc may have had a great time playing with Viss and Kraftyy, his team were unable to obtain a high finish at the end of the Apex Legends Twitch Rivals tournament, finishing in fifth place, 32 points behind Saqib ‘Lirik’ Zahid’s Team Pepega.https://www.apexskins.net/

jaycarsman | 14 febbraio 2019

I've had a problem with the Powerwall 2 transfer switch tripping randomly 4-6 GFI/ARC panel breakers when the Powerwall engages. I resets the affected breakers and the problem only recurrs if the Powerwall kicks in again; The transfer to the PG&E Grid does not cause any problems at all. Tesla Tech Support is trying diligently to figure-out why this is happening. I wonder if if could be related to the extremely wet weather we have been having for the past several weeks.

jaycarsman | 14 febbraio 2019

Odd Powerwall 2 connection behavior.

carylouder007 | 1 marzo 2019

You are having a beautiful and http://www.britishmuseumtour.co.uk/ useful website which help the readers to read and understand the various topic in detail. The site share very important details regarding a wide range of topic, with articles and other writings, are the main highlight of the topic.

khivateam7 | 1 marzo 2019

Summit Legends is a multiplayer fight royale computer game that is comparative from numerous points of view to Fortnite. It's a first-individual shooter dependent on the science fiction outskirts universe of the Titanfall arrangement, despite the fact that it doesn't proceed with those accounts. Rather, it drops 20 squads of three players onto a guide to contend to be the last group standing. Every player on a squad gets the chance to pick one of eight characters (called "Legends") to play, each with an alternate arrangement of aptitudes and capacities. Likewise with other group based multiplayer recreations, as Overwatch, a great part of the diversion's system originates from choosing the correct combo of characters for your squad. https://www.apexsettings.net

ssplatinum1 | 20 marzo 2019

S.S. Platinum is 1st in the World to supply Platinum Roller Pen. For those who value uniqueness and perfect fashion, Platina Curve Roller Pen express classic American elegance and finesse. Inspired by the charming vintage design collection with exclusive finishes, the Platina Curve Roller Pens are fitted with a fine Schmidt refill, the Cap & Barrel is of Platinum.

https://www.ssplatinum.com/productinfo/curverollerpen.aspx

Tesla-David | 20 marzo 2019

Spammers Flagged!