Forums

"Next Steps for Your Model 3 Delivery" "Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery" email

"Next Steps for Your Model 3 Delivery" "Prepare for Your Model 3 Delivery" email

So like thousand of others, I configured my M3. At some point, the web page asked about delivery location and I saw no way to change it so I continued. I finished the process so that I got to a page that says "Your delivery profile is complete." [Note that many links on the Tesla web site lead to "404 not found"....I sure hope they are better at driving software than web site development] The following have green check marks:Registration, Insurance, Trade-in, Payment. After completing this, I get an email saying:

Delivery Location

Driver's License

Each of these has links, presumably to complete the "action required" however, the links lead me back to the "manage" page which shows "Your delivery profile is complete." with no options for "action". Of course calls to Tesla go un-answered. Anyone get this? Solutions?

BTW, apparently my only delivery option is 2.5 hours away. Previous postings showing delivery by truck or sales rep do not seem to apply...

gballant4570 | 30 giugno 2018

Did you load your drivers license photo? Are all the steps ID'd with green checks on your "Co plete the steps below to take delivery" page?

I got an email telling me I had to take all the steps after I had already taken them. I believe saving partial data generates the email (I did that prior to completion), which I did not see until I had already completed the steps anyhow......

lelson3485 | 30 giugno 2018

No. I didn't do the drivers license and location, as the email suggests. The page with the green checks doesn't show license and delivery. The problem is: how do I complete these steps. They don't appear as options on the manage page.

JAD | 30 giugno 2018

They are building a lot of new delivery centers. It is possible the one you will be assigned isn't available yet. What area do you live and when do you expect delivery? I was able to just check the box next to the delivery center I wanted.

gballant4570 | 30 giugno 2018

Different from my situation then. While I was completing the steps, the web page showed me a lot of error messages, froze up while loading images, etc.... By the time I had them complete, I had to close the tab multiple times and reopen my Tesla account to discover if my recent changes had indeed stuck.

Tesla websites are very buggy in my experience, and you may be seeing some of that. It might not be a bad idea to try accessing your account from a different computer or device and use a different browser software to see if it behaves differently......

Tesla2018 | 30 giugno 2018

I did all the license uploads but there was another smaller box with info that was in the way near the area where you enter the file for your insurance card. I could only see a small red line that was barely visable. Had to click on the red area and drag it down to get it to work.
Also after I entered my credit card info but before submitting, I clicked on something about accepting terms and then after I went back my credit card info was gone. So I did it again and then got a text mesage from my credit card company to confirm two $2500 payments to Tesla. I had to deny them and then luckily it went rlthrough the third time. I checked my credit card balance later in the day and only had one charge. Was afraid I would have a $7500 charge!

maintreqd | 30 giugno 2018

That email is automatically generated after you configure. If you already have all available action items with green checkmarks, the ball is in tesla’s court. I got my email from my ISA to confirm financing and schedule delivery 1 day later. You’re getting close!

maintreqd | 30 giugno 2018

That email is automatically generated after you configure. If you already have all available action items with green checkmarks, the ball is in tesla’s court. I got my email from my ISA to confirm financing and schedule delivery 1 day later. You’re getting close!

wiboater4 | 30 giugno 2018

I got the same type email with some of the things saying action requires also . I have all the green checkmarks though at the account page except for payment which will be done later down the line. There are arrows to click by the checkmarks if you haven't already seen that . Anyway everything worked out ok because my order went through.

I live south of Reno. Nearest existing center is near Sacramento, 2 hours away. That was the only choice offered.

Got through to customer service after 1 hr on hold. Told to disregard "action required" items. Said that I'd been assigned an agent and that I would expect to hear from them around end of August (delivery estimator Sept-Nov) with VIN and delivery details. Was told if you live > 150 miles from a service center, then direct delivery is an option.

CaliPug | 6 settembre 2018

I received this email tonight and plan on calling tomorrow morning! Stay tuned, but I'm hoping this means we are very close! FYI - we submitted out configuration 2 days ago, so I can't believe it's our VIN is being applied this soon! Stay tuned!

CaliPug | 6 settembre 2018

Well, Great news! I received an additional email today saying my car will be ready for delivery next week! It seems this email is a trigger for arrival.

dput | 6 settembre 2018

@CaliPug - What were the details of your order? RWD? Reservation Holder? Existing owner?

Online | 6 settembre 2018

Don’t trade in your vehicle, Tesla bounced the check for the payoff and now won’t take our calls or call us back. They have our car and the money. The bank is demanding $30,000 in a week.

CaliPug | 9 settembre 2018

@dput My set up is: RWD, Solid Black, 19 and I am not an existing owner and also was't a reservation holder. My VIN was assigned today and our pick up has been assigned for next weekend. Still can't believe the quick turn around and have to guess that someone had this in production and canceled the order.