Forums

Current wait times for PW2

Current wait times for PW2

I am wondering what the curret wait times are for PW2. Ordered about 1 month ago as part of a Solar install. Originally the solar was not going to go in until end of December, but just last week they were able to move our date up to this month...
I didn't mind the December install of solar because I figured the PW2 would show up about the same time....
I'm in Florida, what are you hearing in your state for delivery times of PW2?

lilbean | 10 settembre 2018

I got an email telling me that I will be contacted in the fall of 2019. CA

Tman99 | 10 settembre 2018

I'm not sure about the wait time for PW2, but our Solar install is expected in Feb/Mar 2019. In FL as well. I will try to find out on that.

ealmeida212 | 10 settembre 2018

I had ordered solar + 2 PW2's back in february. Our solar got installed in June and still haven't heard much about the PW2's but i did see movement on my PW2 account order page. The home assessment part was checked off a few weeks ago. I'm hoping to have them this year still. We'll see

Tman99 | 11 settembre 2018

per my rep, Powerwall production has been ramping up. So hopefully you hear something soon. Maybe reach out to your rep?

jlesna | 12 settembre 2018

I'm a Model S owner and bought on June 13, 2015.

March 4th my deposit went in for Powerwalls. The "home inspection" was in May and the purchase agreement was signed May 23, 2018.

Installation was supposed to be at the end of summer but now my account says end of the year. My neighbor across the street ordered after me and was installed several months ago. I don't know why. Long wait.

groovygravy10 | 21 settembre 2018

I ordered my solar panels & PW on 2/8/2018 and was told 3 weeks later that the PW's where on back order and possible install date August/September. I noticed 2 weeks ago, Home Assessment was green but now checked and the "What's Next:" is saying Order Confirmation.

j.ringold | 30 settembre 2018

Ordered Solar, 10kW, 2 Power Walls in May. Installed this week.

Tman99 | 1 ottobre 2018

@j.ringold 4 month turnaround eh? not bad!

darthsebass | 2 marzo 2019

Yup I am getting the same answer in the Bay Area, CA. I put my deposit down 6/2018 and last communication I got from them this February was that they are still working on 2017 projects. I do not expect mine anytime soon but Fall 2019 sounds right.

ElectricGuitar | 2 marzo 2019

Ordered 12/13/2018
Install 01/29/2019
PTO 02/22/2019

11.7 kW with 2 Powerwalls in FL

darthsebass | 2 marzo 2019

From what I am seeing is the east coast is getting them while the west coast is stalled for some reason

Model X Guy | 4 marzo 2019

Ours will be installed March 16 here in Florida. Reservation was made in November 2016.

shank15217 | 14 marzo 2019

Mine were installed February 21st, about a year wait. I already had solar. The installers were awesome, and they send out carpenters to make everything look great afterwards. They even pain the pipes to have it blend into the garage. The product is amazing, looks beautiful. I have been cleaning it once a week so it shines. Garage of the future with two model 3s and all that good stuff.

groovygravy10 | 14 marzo 2019

UPDATE: I am getting two PW2's installed next week . I waited about a year to get my PW2's installed.

TLSC | 18 marzo 2019

I ordered 2 PWs in January of 2018 and installation began today, March 18, 2019.
Installation will be completed tomorrow, March 19.
The install crew of 2, said they were brought in from Los Banos, about 80 miles east southeast of San Jose, to help with installs in our area for the month.
Since March 1, they said they’d done 5 installs.

xoxoteslamom | 19 marzo 2019

We received our proposal for solar PV and one Powerwall early December 2018. Our install was scheduled mid February 2019. A design problem was discovered by the PV install crew due to the 200+ year old age of our house, so the install was stopped for redesign. A month later, mid March 2019 the same crews returned and completed the install of both the PV and Powerwall systems. Now we are waiting for town inspection and then for Eversource CT give us the go ahead to turn on our system.

xoxoteslamom | 2 aprile 2019

Update: SolarPv system and Powerwall are turned on. Eversource installed the net meter and granted permission to operate in one day! Our Powerwall is the first one installed in our town of Branford, CT. And I am enjoying the Tesla App as I watch power generated by the PV panels, used by our household, stored in and discharged from the Powerwall.

xoxoteslamom | 2 aprile 2019

Update: SolarPv system and Powerwall are turned on. Eversource installed the net meter and granted permission to operate on the same day! Our Powerwall is the first one installed in our town of Branford, CT. And I am enjoying the Tesla App as I watch power generated by the PV panels, used by our household, stored in and discharged from the Powerwall.

xonax | 25 aprile 2019

An edge router, otherwise called an entrance https://192168l254.org/ router, is a lower limit gadget situated at the limit of a LAN associating it to a WAN, the web and additionally outside LANs. Home and little office routers are viewed as endorser edge routers.

jerrykham | 26 aprile 2019

Ordered 2 powerwalls along with solar in April 0f 2018. Solar was installed in June 2018. Powerwalls? On Tuesday the 23rd of April 2019. So a 1 year wait.

ancyss.merisanu | 7 maggio 2019

hello

Brentt | 7 maggio 2019

I'm a first day reservation holder, and made my deposit the first day I was able. That was almost three years ago, and I haven't heard a word in probably two years. If you order solar and a powerwall, it seems to be faster, but for me, it's not an option. I need the power wall as a stationary backup. I spent five hours in dark last night due to a power outage :-0

Tesla-David | 7 maggio 2019

@Brentt, have you elevated your concern to Tesla-Energy management. I like you waited almost three years for my PW2 installation, and finally elevated my concern to the top of Tesla-Energy management. Once I got their attention, action commenced very quickly and I got my 2-PW2 installation last June. We use ours in Self-Powered mode with backup set at 25 percent, so that we would still get covered in the case of a brownout/blackout. The PW2's are an incredible complement to our 13.2 kWh solar system. We haven't used any Grid energy since mid February and will not use any until the end of October when the solar production ticks down. We live in Edmonds, WA so we have about 3.5 months when there is insufficient solar to fully charge the PW2's. Good luck, and hope you get your PW2 installation soon after such a long wait.

Brentt | 9 maggio 2019

Received a phone call from Tesla today. They still aren't servicing my area, but will give my info to a third party who will be in touch. Cmon guys, you've got the best talent in the world. If you can send a rocket to Mars you can figure out how to make the whole buying/delivery system more efficient. First Principles

juangp | 9 maggio 2019

Got financing completed on 1/29/2019 for 2 PW2's and a 6.5 KW solar array with a 200-amp main panel upgrade, was told the permitting wait-times are 1-5 weeks, still waiting 15.5 weeks. Emailed Tesla a couple of times and was told that they had a problem with getting permits from the City of Jupiter, Florida but it would be resolved shortly. I now have a new EV and need a NEMA 14-50 outlet for my charger. This is completely unsatisfactory.

TESLAROD | 9 maggio 2019

Out here in Southern California, placed my order about 1 month ago and finally had Solar/PW2 installed today. Now waiting on inspection and final approval to turn the system on. BTW, with the price of Tesla Solar going down, I would call Tesla about the price difference if your system has not been installed.

bj | 16 maggio 2019

Wait time for PW2 in Australia is only a few weeks - we are Tesla's biggest market for PW2 so get nice attention. Most installers order them in a pipeline and have them in stock, that's how popular they are.

Also getting solar here is so easy compared to what I read in the USA. Simply choose your installer, they visit your house to discuss and plan where to put the panels, and they do the rest, including organising meter changes (to net meters) if required with the grid supplier and selling the clean energy certificates (which comes directly off the invoice).

No permitting, no approvals needed, provided the system is less than 10 kW per phase. The time between choosing a supplier and having working panels on the roof can be as little as 4 weeks.

23% of all households in Australia now have rooftop solar (more than ten times the rate of the USA) and a growing number have batteries attached.