Forums

Going on vacation

Going on vacation

I went back 6 pages & couldn't find a thread on this in the MX forum.

Why not power the car off instead of letting it just sleep & losing phantom drain?

jjgunn | 7 dicembre 2018

Bump for Spam.

Jerks....

jjgunn | 17 dicembre 2018

Did a test. MX 100D

Left for vacation 10 days ago (Mexico) quite relaxing.

MX at 77% on Dec 7
Opened app & woke up car three times over 10 days.
MX at 52% on Dec 17
Temp avg between 46-57 F
Car parked outside but under carport & car cover.

Lose about 2.5 % per day. Pretty much normal. Guessing I save 5% if I don't open the app 3 times.

Next time I go away for a few days, I will power off the car.

bp | 19 dicembre 2018

Why not power the vehicle off? … You want the vehicle powered, in case cooling or heating are needed to keep the battery within the acceptable temperature range.

Opening the app does increase the battery usage some - most of the used power was likely used to apply some heat periodically to the battery pack.

jjgunn | 19 dicembre 2018

Ok, that makes sense....but what if you are expecting a range of temperatures between 46 degrees F & no warmer than 60 degrees F

I live in the Bay Area & it is never below freezing & car would not be parked in the sun. (Carport & car cover)

bonhari03 | 19 dicembre 2018

What about updates? The best time to load them in my opinion is when I’m out of town and not using the car. It can be done from the phone app easy Peary.

Peasy.

Peasy.

Triggerplz | 20 dicembre 2018

It appears peasy is not too easy :-)

davidahn | 20 dicembre 2018

For remote access in case you need to summon your MX to pick you up from the airport. Or just start a charging session in case you want to hop in and go somewhere as soon as you get home.