Forums

Battery Degradation

Battery Degradation

My MX 75D was built in August 2018. I took delivery with 800 miles on it as inventory vehicle in first week of November. Now it has about 2500 miles.

I noticed the full charge capacity is going down faster than I would like. Now it shows 71.5 KWh as the capacity at 100%. It was 72.3 a few weeks ago.

Is this normal? Or is this because of cold weather. I am in NJ.

Tesla Tony | 16 dicembre 2018

Have a similar issue whether the miles left doesn't correlate with the miles traveled. My model X (75)was delivered on September in NJ. Couldn't also find the trip miles to do a deep dive. Hope it's the weather.

LTO2 | 16 dicembre 2018

@pandyarajen: I have a 75D Model X delivered during July of 2017. Loss of projected range due to battery degradation, so far, is 6-7 miles (approximately 3%) after 21,000+ miles. Those with longer ownership experience have reported stabilization of degradation over time. Not to worry, for the battery pack has a life-time warranty.

Redmiata98 | 16 dicembre 2018

The battery is only warranted for 8 years.
“Your car is protected by a New Vehicle Limited Warranty for 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. The Battery and Drive Unit in your car are covered for a period of:

Model S and Model X – 8 years (with the exception of the original 60 kWh battery manufactured before 2015, which is covered for a period of 8 years or 125,000 miles, whichever comes first).”

avesraggiana | 17 dicembre 2018

Never mind the battery degradation, what about these Chinese/Korean/Indian spam bots that keep hacking the forum?

LTO2 | 17 dicembre 2018

@Redmiata98: Thanks for the correction: 8-year battery warranty, not life-time. Very important difference...

Redmiata98 | 18 dicembre 2018

Ave, ignore them. Tesla eventually takes them down.