Forums

how do you get the referral reward

how do you get the referral reward

kingchefp | 4 gennaio 2019

referral: how long it take and is there a number to call?

MelaniaFromBrentwood | 5 gennaio 2019

No number. Good luck getting a human to respond to your email to referralprogram@tesla.com

You go into your Tesla phone app. Wait a moment an in the top right corner a treasure chest appears. That’s the “loot box.” Click on it and then on “my awards” and then select the prize and where you want it sent.

Some prizes take weeks (radio flyer Tesla toy car), others take months (luggage, chargers, wheels) and others take years. Many year. Like the Powerwall. As in “good luck ever seeing it.”

The referral program has failed to be transparent whatsoever. They make it really easy to refer but don’t do a great job rewarding their best customers/salespeople with the prizes they’ve earned. It’s a shame.

PawelSokolowski | 5 gennaio 2019

The referral program is a good deal only for Tesla.
In Poland referral program does not work at all, but they don't tell you that.
I know people that got many referals, and then were told that they are not entitled to prize, because this is Poland, and there is no dealership in this country. Not a good reason, since you order the car on Tesla website, no dealership needed.
This is not a good practice, and since the social media communication works great, the sale result in Poland will surely reflect this.

jimglas | 5 gennaio 2019

I got my charger last week after about a 10 week wait. I got it 3 weeks after I emailed them and told them I didn't need elon's signature, any charger would do (got the standard black one).

jamesrbrown | 5 gennaio 2019

Tesla does a great job in many aspects of their car business...referral rewards program is NOT one of them.

Spent 3 hours with a local resident showing 'all about our new MX' after our sales person ask if I would be willing to share my experience with this interested buyer. No problem, I'm quite willing to promote such an amazing technology.
The neighbour indeed went ahead with the purchase (a new MS) & I received a referral award...only problem as I found out after the fact, British Columbia doesn't permit awards (something to do with new car dealers association not liking the competition). Originally there was no mention of this restriction in the referral award program description, but it now has been edited to reflect this policy. :(

I wrote to Telsa asking them to change the way they administer the referral program; suggested that they may incorporate the referral program with the online Tesla store...ie. if you are elgible for a referral award, that award would cost you $1.00 (instead of the ususal selling price), rather than being a 'give-away' you paid something for it. They responded that the 'powers that be' are looking at it. Interestingly shortly after, my award (a Telsa Signature home charger) now shows in the 'award' tab of my Tesla app as being schedule for delivery, been that way for over a month so not sure if anything will happen...

Having the ability to purchase such an expensive car means I don't really have a problem buying my own Signature charger (I am using the 32 amp charger now with no problems). But what really matters is that Tesla live up to their promises and honour the award program.

jamesrbrown | 5 gennaio 2019

Tesla does a great job in many aspects of their car business...referral rewards program is NOT one of them.

Spent 3 hours with a local resident showing 'all about our new MX' after our sales person ask if I would be willing to share my experience with this interested buyer. No problem, I'm quite willing to promote such an amazing technology.
The neighbour indeed went ahead with the purchase (a new MS) & I received a referral award...only problem as I found out after the fact, British Columbia doesn't permit awards (something to do with new car dealers association not liking the competition). Originally there was no mention of this restriction in the referral award program description, but it now has been edited to reflect this policy. :(

I wrote to Telsa asking them to change the way they administer the referral program; suggested that they may incorporate the referral program with the online Tesla store...ie. if you are elgible for a referral award, that award would cost you $1.00 (instead of the ususal selling price), rather than being a 'give-away' you paid something for it. They responded that the 'powers that be' are looking at it. Interestingly shortly after, my award (a Telsa Signature home charger) now shows in the 'award' tab of my Tesla app as being schedule for delivery, been that way for over a month so not sure if anything will happen...

Having the ability to purchase such an expensive car means I don't really have a problem buying my own Signature charger (I am using the 32 amp charger now with no problems). But what really matters is that Tesla live up to their promises and honour the award program.

homeworkforme889 | 7 gennaio 2019

Thank you for sharing this information.

Knight Hawk | 12 febbraio 2019

Thanks for sharing. I am a bc resident and have two referrals. Will ask tesla referral if I can pay for it

nipper2 | 17 febbraio 2019

I have 3 Referrals but I do not see anywhere where I got credit for them. I received an email asking me do I want cash or credit each time I took credit and tan nothing.

lilbean | 17 febbraio 2019

It should be on your account page. I recently got an email to check the loot box on the app to choose the reward.

nipper2 | 18 febbraio 2019

I do choose the credits on the loot box but once I did I have never seen anyone about it again and there is nothing anywhere that mentions the credits.