Forums

How long to wait for HOV sticker in California?

How long to wait for HOV sticker in California?

I sent out HOV sticker application in 12/26, the check is still not cashed yet. How long did you wait until you get yours? Should I be alert since I sent in through priority mail. Should I call DMV?

Thanks in advance.

TeslaTap.com | 2 febbraio 2019

You didn't say what state. I think it took about 3 weeks for me in California, but perhaps they are backed up from the year end.

jerrykham | 2 febbraio 2019

So since you said California (sorry @TeslaTap - couldn't resist since it was in his title - grin), it usually takes about three weeks. However they have been backlogged with a bunch of people converting their 2017 white stickers. My brother in law sent his in at the end of November and they didn't cash his check until January 2nd. THEN the stickers were apparently stolen from his mailbox. He called and called and they wouldn't talk to him about it until it had been 30 days since they sent them. Finally they have agreed that they must be stolen and he is working through the re-issue process. DMV claimed there is a hot black market in them.

TeslaTap.com | 2 febbraio 2019

Back to reading school for me :)

jinlu88 | 3 febbraio 2019

Thank you for the info, I guess I have to be patient since there was so many people rushed in to buy Tesla 3 at the end of year, also like @jerrykham said a lot of converting case. Thanks again.

JPPTM | 3 febbraio 2019

CA DMV Special Processing Unit is backed up 30 days--just getting around to end December applications.

ens | 21 febbraio 2019

Mine took about 47 days to be cashed ... I mailed my CA HOV sticker application in on 1/2/19 for my new S, purchased Dec 2018. Check was cashed 2/20/19. Hope it will be received in the mail this week.

PK2018 | 1 marzo 2019

M3 purchased 12/14/18
Plates received 1/9/19
Mailed in HOV application 1/10/19
$22 Check cashed 2/28/19

ens | 7 marzo 2019

Update to my 2/21 post.
Mailed CA HOV sticker application on 1/2/19
Check cashed 2/20/19
Finally received stickers 3/6/19*
*(registration paperwork lists application as Received 2/22", meaning they are not deemed received until they actually process the application, even if sitting there for two months)

rh529 | 8 aprile 2019

Mailled application 2/4/19
check cashed 4/3/19
Still waiting.

iamjahnke | 6 maggio 2019

I called spoke with California DMV. As of 5.6.19, they are processing requests received the week of March 11. So expect it will take a minimum of 60 days from when you submit everything to get your sticker.

clark.fan | 19 giugno 2019

Is there a way we can find out the status the CA HOV Decal Application? I sent it but have not heard anything from DMV. Check hasn't been cashed yet. How can we check if they received the application or mail has been lost?. Phone (916) 657-8035 never works. ALWAYS BUSY.

Any advice? Thanks

marilyn.press | 29 giugno 2019

I sent mine May 29, 2019. Today is June 30, 2019. Nothing from CA DMV. Nada.

MKESHAVREDDY | 29 giugno 2019

Am also still waiting.

jiangnan.us | 1 luglio 2019

Mailed request on May 29, no update from DMV yet, check has not been redeemed as well.

marilyn.press | 10 luglio 2019

I sent my application and check 5/29. Today is 7/10. Nada.

marilyn.press | 10 luglio 2019

I bought new S on 5/4/19. A search showed DMV registered the car on 5/8. Pink slip arrived 5/28 but no registration. I didn't need plates because I re-assigned my personalized plates. Waited, waited, waited but still no registration. Since pink slip verifies that the car is registered, I went ahead and put the plates on anyway. When I check with AAA, they found that DMV mailed registration on 5/20. AAA could issue registration, but not until a month had passed. A call to the USPS actually got a live person who blamed DMV. A call to DMV blamed the USPS. Then they both blamed me. So I waited until 6/20 and AAA issued the registration. The registration that DMV insisted they mailed has never arrived. Still waiting for carpool decals. The CA DMV is the poster child for dysfunctional bureaucracy.

Voltaire325 | 15 luglio 2019

Wow I sent mine 6/22 and found this thread because I thought it was taking too long. Guess I'll be waiting a while. Seems archaic that we still have to do this by mailing a form and a check. They should have this online by now.

tbleakne | 16 luglio 2019

I applied for my sticker mid April 2019. I got it beginning of July. About seven weeks.