Forums

Tucker Carlson disses Tesla drivers

Tucker Carlson disses Tesla drivers

Aired March 9, 2019

"Let's say you disagree with the political views of the people who run the country - the billionaire class, the Tesla drivers, our self-appointed clergy on social media, the retired prosecutors and spy chiefs you so often see on television opining about things. If you're watching this show you're probably not that impressed by these people...you don't wish them personal harm, of course...some of them are well meaning people....but you don't think they've done a very good job for America, though somehow they themselves are richer than ever......" (How would they punish you for voting for Trump.....leading to commentary on the Paul Manafort sentence)

NoMoPetrol | 9 marzo 2019
Yodrak. | 9 marzo 2019

WTF is Tucker Carlson? More to the point, WTF cares?

hcwhy | 9 marzo 2019

Tucker Carlson is one of Fox News' more popular commentator. For anyone.....especially someone of some note or notoriety...chooses Tesla owners as a class of people worthy of ridicule...was surprising to me. But when one takes into account the generally negative press all things Tesla, environmentally responsible, or earth sustainable, get from the right wing media, I guess it's not that surprising after all.

Tropopause | 9 marzo 2019

How dare Americans drive American-made cars. I bet Tucker prefers we all drive foreign cars. And were it not for Tesla, someday we would all be driving Chinese-made EV's.

What has Tucker Carlson done for this country?

Go Tesla!

carlk | 10 marzo 2019

You have to understand what kind of people his audiences are. Mostly the trailer trash climate denier type.

SO | 10 marzo 2019

I keep waiting for Tucker to get so upset, that his bow tie spins.

El Mirio | 10 marzo 2019

Tucker has that look, the oops I sharted look....

NKYTA | 10 marzo 2019

Effingham idiot.

tew ms us | 10 marzo 2019

"You have to understand what kind of people his audiences are. Mostly the trailer trash climate denier type."

I don't live in a trailer, but I don't believe humanity would go extinct in 12 years, even if we doubled the carbon we pump into the atmosphere, either. (My personal plan is to buy land on a Rocky Mountain peak then stand on my tiptoes 'til Mother Gaia withdraws the flood. Do the computer models predict the water will be warm enough? Enough polar bear corpses to keep me fed?)

I tivo every one of Tucker's shows. If you'd like to learn techniques of argumentation other than the ad hominem, you should, too.

As for Tucker's slap at Tesla owners, it's really a backhanded compliment. I wish I were a billionaire member of the ruling class.

carlk | 10 marzo 2019

Sorry science is not decided by who won the argument. It's not humanity will extinct in 12 years, a lame argument it you got it from that show. It's that the point of no return will be reached in 12 years if not a lot sooner if we let it to continue this way.

carlk | 10 marzo 2019

....if you got it from that show.

Mike83 | 10 marzo 2019

These same conspiracy idiots who deny Climate Change caused by fossil fuels are probably in bed with the anti-vaccination group spreading deadly measles. Trump worshipers maybe. Going back to dark ages it seems.

https://www.healio.com/pediatrics/vaccine-preventable-diseases/news/prin...

https://www.vaccineconfidence.org/usa-teens-with-anti-vax-parents-seek-o...

tew ms us | 10 marzo 2019

“I’m here today because we have a 12-year deadline,” Lydia Macy, 18, told HuffPost from behind a 40-foot banner that she was helping to hold up. “Climate change is the No. 1 issue that we’re facing in the 21st century, and if we don’t fight we won’t have a world to live in.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sunrise-movement-climate-chnage-dir...

Who's rushing to tell Lydia she's overstating things a tad?

I'm willing to stipulate that Huffpost is a big Tucker fan.

Mike83 | 10 marzo 2019

413.45 is the new level caused by the burning of fossil fuels. We are understating the problem and avoiding it like a frog in slow heated water. The effects are already here. The point of no return is fast approaching.
The only drawback is the Kochs and other fossil fuel kingpins won't make as much money to add their already bloated bank accounts. Funny how the fake news is mostly from fox.

https://scripps.ucsd.edu/programs/keelingcurve/

Pondysh | 10 marzo 2019

I think we have already past the point when the stuff we pump into the air has affected rational thinking of humans, more so in urban environments, and particularly, Washington DC. Regardless whether this number of parts per billion/trillion or whatever number of zeros you want to put behind it, it makes sense to take care of "our planet better than we have, for ourselves, our children and future generations on Earth, just in case this Mars plan B doesn't work out in time! Moving away from Fossil Fuels expeditiously makes good sense, rationally. I live in the Northern Adirondacks without industry upstream from me and cities downwind, so the air is clean relatively speaking, but the trees are being cut at an alarming rate with huge machines to make chips for pellets for everyone's pellet stoves. Humans don't seem to understand the importance of trees, in so many ways. The planet will survive but humans may not, if they don't get a lot smarter from observation, rather than Google!

Pondysh | 10 marzo 2019

It's hard for me to believe that people have nothing better to do with their time than watch this stuff. If you disconnect from the networks, you will find more joy in life.

MitchP85D | 10 marzo 2019

I'm sure Tucker Carlson was referring to CALIFORNIA Tesla drivers!

SCCRENDO | 10 marzo 2019

@tew. Perhaps you don’t live in a trailer but you certainly display a similar mindset. Tucker Carlson is a wannabee Sean Hannity. And if you TiVo all his shows I suspect you believe the nonsense he spouts. I do agree that these guys have a unique argumentative style. They repeat lies often enough and shout down their opponents to the point that those without the grasp of the facts believe everything they say.

SCCRENDODO, you cannot site one lie from Carlson or Hannity!

Pondysh, which do you think is better? Burning wood for stoves or using natural gas. Something tells me you don't think cutting trees down for fuel is a good idea. I concur with that.

tew, the problem is that a lot of silly adults don't think Lydia is overstating anything!

Yodrak. | 10 marzo 2019

That's all one needs to know. Next...

Yodrak. | 10 marzo 2019

"Tucker Carlson is one of Fox News' more popular commentator. "

This

Mike83 | 10 marzo 2019

Young, dumb, and full of Rupert's money using one dimension thinking.

skymaster | 10 marzo 2019

Elon, Trump, Tucker and Hannity are four of my favorite public figures!! Why can't we all just get along?
Not all conservatives want to pollute our planet.

NKYTA | 10 marzo 2019

What has Trump or Hannity, or Carlson done. Please cite references.

skymaster | 10 marzo 2019

Why?? You won't believe my conservative references and I won't believe your liberal references. Everyone is biased...BFD!

SCCRENDO | 10 marzo 2019

@skymaster.”Why can’t we all get along?” Because Trump, Tucker and Hannity are 3 of your 4 favorites,

RedShift | 10 marzo 2019

@skymaster

Just admit you can’t cite a single damn thing.

tew ms us | 11 marzo 2019

Researcher Ocasio-Cortez has recently discovered bovine flatulence. Can any of the experts here tell me if the overly active sphincter of cows has reduced our 12 year doomsday time limit, to say, 11 months, a week, and a day? More? Less?

Or did the did the number 12 arise in the same way ill mannered cows deal with gas?

Mike83 | 11 marzo 2019

Phony straw man arguments exaggerating what the issue is. Play dumb, ridicule and tell lies are the Climate deniers MO.

RedShift | 11 marzo 2019

@tew ms us

Recently it has come out that Tucker Carlson wouldn’t mind child marriage, dating 14 year old kids. He also thinks girls are primitive and basic.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47523608

If you think that qualifies him to be in the same league as Elon Musk, it shows your mental acuity in judging people.

tew ms us | 11 marzo 2019

Of course. All insights of anyone who has ever said or done anything offensive must be ignored. That's why no one should drive on a controlled access highway - Adolf Hitler broke ground on the first one.

Viewing issues in terms of heroes and villains is a serious mistake. Examine their policy recommendations and make up your own mind.

RedShift | 11 marzo 2019

@tew ms us

If you look closely, you will like certain policies of Hitler too. Going by that logic there is good in most anyone. Serial killers, pedophiles, philanderers, treasonous POTUSEs...

Sorry, it your argument is deeply flawed.

SCCRENDO | 11 marzo 2019

@tew. I guess Tucker and the rest of Fauxnews Pravda taught you the debating style of whataboutsim. Instead of addresing the elephant in the room you wonder about someone who may be related to the other side of the argument and try find a flaw even if the issues are not equivalent. It like when the Trump Crime syndicate gets accused of anything they will bring up anything mostly irrelevant about the Clintons.
OK. So now to your strawman argument. The new denier point against the Green New Deal is cow flatulence. And, yes indeed, cow flatulence produces methane which is a Green House gas. And there is both health and environmental benefit to decreasing cows and meat eating. However I do not believe anyone is mandating killing all cows and making veganism mandatory. I find it amusing that the deniers tell us to leave their cars alone and address methane. Now that the Dems are talking about methane the deniers are panicking about their upcoming mandatory veganism. Your disingenuity, hypocrisy and stupidity sickens me.

El Mirio | 11 marzo 2019

@SCCRENDO

AOC interview I recommend, 43:50 question made me think of you in particular.
https://theintercept.com/2019/03/09/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-aoc-sxsw/

El Mirio | 11 marzo 2019

Correction, 43:50 question and AOC´s answer made me think of the discourse on these forums

SCCRENDO | 11 marzo 2019

What question concerned you?? Clicking on the link was not functional

El Mirio | 11 marzo 2019

Hmm, it works for me. The question was how to interact with people who have different opinions, she answered it beautifully.

Either way I recommend the whole think, other question was whether to sacrifice your believes for "electable people", again beautiful answer.

You guys should watch the whole thing. AOC on the intercept title is "ALEXANDRIA OCASIO-CORTEZ AND THE NEW LEFT"

SCCRENDO | 11 marzo 2019

So what was her answer??
I believe we should stick to our beliefs. However That should not stop us from supporting people with different beliefs if it helps the overall cause. That is why I supported Hillary over Bernie even though I am far closer in my beliefs to Bernie. In retrospect I think I should have supported Bernie and will pick the Dem candidate I believe is the best this time round. However I will strongly support the primary winner no matter whom in the interest of not having a further 4 years of Trump or even another Republican for that matter. At this time I doubt there is any Republican I could or would support.

El Mirio | 11 marzo 2019

jUst watch it, why are you holding out to your thing?

El Mirio | 11 marzo 2019

Talk to me in paragraphs.

El Mirio | 11 marzo 2019

You wont look at it, you know it will change you mind, you dont want that

El Mirio | 11 marzo 2019

And yes im targeting you because I think you are able to turn around.

MitchP85D | 11 marzo 2019

Hey RedShift, you are a blatant liar. Carlson is not OK with child marriage. He just simply stated that child rape is by far worse than when a 27 year old man marries a 16 year old girl. You slimed Carlson by taking that statement and telling everybody that Carlson SUPPORTS child marriage. Carlson invites any goofy liberal democrat to debate him on his show. Especially those who accuse him of such blatantly false statements as "Carlson supports child marriage!"

RedShift | 11 marzo 2019

He said he would be ok with 14 year old sex if his daughter wasn’t involved. Read before starting your mouth diarrhea. Are you all conservatives deranged? Serious question.

From the link :

“On two occasions, Mr Carlson lambasts charges against Warren Jeffs, who is in jail for child rape: "Now this guy may be a child rapist," he says, "I'm just telling you that arranging a marriage between a 16-year-old and a 27-year-old is not the same as pulling a stranger off the street and raping her."
When the show host describes 14-year-old girls at Mr Carlson's daughter's school sexually experimenting with each other, he says: "If it weren't my daughter I would love that scenario."”

“He also says that Bill Clinton should divorce his wife Hillary and "take up plural marriage or something with a bunch of teenagers in a foreign country".”

SCCRENDO | 11 marzo 2019

@El Mirio. Chill. I will try do my homework assignment but the link didn't work for me. Realistically I don't have time to chase cryptic links. If as Mitch stated she tries to listen to everybody I indeed also do. But at some point as with our weathermoron I got his point long ago, he is a pure denier who either doesn't understand or does not want to understand science. I used to click on all his links and refuted every single one of them. But instead of debating he keep recycling the same incorrect facts. And at this point he is purely trolling. I have suggested we agree to disagree and move on. But he persists because his goal is not to debate but purely troll

SCCRENDO | 11 marzo 2019

@el Mirio. As stated I have agreed to disagree with him. The links he posts actually show the opposite of what he claims. The poor man has idea how to read graphs. And usually if you read the text accompanying his links they contradict what he is saying.

Pages