Forums

New Downtown LA Supercharger just popped up! HUGE LETDOWN

New Downtown LA Supercharger just popped up! HUGE LETDOWN

When I bought my tesla there was a huge gap in supercharger locations, I was waiting on the coming late 2018 downtown LA supercharger and here it finally is... IN A HOTEL PARKING LOT

https://www.tesla.com/findus/location/supercharger/losangelesdowntownsup...

What's the point, it's $11 just for the first hour of parking, and you have to pay to charge, what a waste of a supercharger location!

Madatgascar | 13 marzo 2019

Urban SCs - no choice. There’s no free parking anywhere in DTLA.

iarpan | 13 marzo 2019

even at the mall's usually they pick a place with 1 hour free parking, plenty of time to supercharge and get out.

NKYTA | 14 marzo 2019

@OP "When I bought my tesla there was a huge gap in supercharger locations,"

You must have bought your Tesla in 2012 or 2013. Fast forward to 2019 and there are some 15 SCs in the greater LA area.

Hyperbole, unless you are an apartment dweller with no access to home charging.

reed_lewis | 14 marzo 2019

Hey, you are lucky in LA. Our downtown super charger in the Prudential costs $12 an hour to park.

rxlawdude | 14 marzo 2019

@reed, sounds like they insured Prudential would get paid...

iarpan | 26 marzo 2019

yea i live in an apartment in downtown, so the nearest superchargers are all at least 10 miles out aka 30 mins each way in traffic here. i bought late 2017 with the promise of 2018 supercharger down here. Downtown LA is basically it's own bubble, i thought it would be out east towards the Arts District where land and lots are much cheaper... oh well

calleserra | 28 marzo 2019

Have you tried to charge at DWP headquarters at 111 N. Hope St? They have Chademos and rows of L2s. Free parking for EVs. You’re a customer, too.