Forums

ts.la vanity URL editor for referral codes?

ts.la vanity URL editor for referral codes?

I know this is a longshot, but is there a way to edit our referral link vanity URL? I'd love to have something like ts.la/mtbikemike that redirects to my referral code page. I ask only because people know me by my middle name: Mike. My referral link uses my first name which hardly anyone knows. ts.la/roadstermike is more memorable and visually appealing than the format we're given by default.

reed_lewis | 5 aprile 2019

No. That is not possible. it is just a code anyways.

mtbikemike | 5 aprile 2019

Not possible!? Pheh.

I am a software developer. I know how easy this is to implement. Facebook and Twitter have vanity URLs. Why not Tesla?

My point being, us devoted fanbois are Tesla's Sales Team. Any simple way to make our referral code more memorable == more referrals for us == more enthusiastic influencers == more Teslas sold!!

EVRider | 6 aprile 2019

It’s not something Tesla would spend any time on. If it’s that important to you, you can always buy a domain name — mtbikemike.com is available. :-)

reed_lewis | 7 aprile 2019

I am a software developer, having developed two different PC magazine editor's choice awards. When I said it was not possible, I meant that it is not possible to do it with Tesla using the system they have.

Anything is possible in software, but it is up to Tesla to decide to do it.

reed_lewis | 7 aprile 2019

Furthermore, I doubt Tesla would ever do it. There would be a run on codes like 'tesla' and 'referral' and the like.

Rutrow 3 | 7 aprile 2019

Buy the domain, auto-redirect to your referral code address???

Xerogas | 7 aprile 2019

@Rutrow S: "Buy the domain, auto-redirect to your referral code address???"
------
This ^^^