Forums

80 miles of phantom drain in one day

80 miles of phantom drain in one day

So I unplugged with 250 miles of range on the battery guess'o meter. Drive it to the detailing shop seven miles away. Get promises they know how to clean Tesla's. Leave it overnight to be detailed.

Tonight come back to a sick car. Did not know 18" Aero's could look so shiny and black! They shinned the car better than a Red Disney Apple. Just poison. Even the frunk looked clean.

So while answering a ton of questions about the climate controls from the guru's I notice the Guess'O Meter is down to 168 miles. Talk about phantom drain.

Just wow, kinda afraid to look at the teslacam.
https://youtu.be/_jWwjzHGsJY

M3D | 14 maggio 2019

It sounds like you left sentry mode on while they worked on it? if so that isn't phantom drain. If not, then you won't see anything recorded.

Teslanene | 14 maggio 2019

Are you sure they didn’t take it for a spin?

Bighorn | 14 maggio 2019

Overheat protection?

CharleyBC | 14 maggio 2019

Interesting word choices. I didn’t know “sick” and “poison” could be used to mean “good”!

Anyway, you checked the guess-o-meter. How about the odometer?

kevin_rf | 14 maggio 2019

Charley, the odometer just rolled passed 17k.... hmmm, honest I couldn't have driven that much in just 7 months.... Must be the employees at the detailing shop.

My guess is all the doors where open and the fans blowing like crazy for several hours. I was suspecting some drain, but was surprised at 80 miles worth. Sentry mode was off, it's kinda sleazy to leave it on while people are working on your car. Spent about a half hour with the guy showing him all the menu tricks when I picked it up. Including how to leave the environmental controls on so they can better air out the new car smell.

So, now to make matters worse, it has since dropped down to 104 miles. I am going to have to race home like I stole it to get it on the wall connector before it reaches zero.

kevin_rf | 14 maggio 2019

@Bighorn, The high today in New England was 47 with deep overcast and tons of rain. Don't think it was overheat. More likely they left the doors open to clean and better air it out.

lbowroom | 14 maggio 2019

Good thing they know how to clean a Tesla

spuzzz123 | 15 maggio 2019

Yeah you were probably heating the 47 degree garage all night