Forums

Charging your car

Charging your car

Reading through this threads, I notice that some owners think Tesla is responsible for getting their vehicle supplied with energy.
What do you think?

Tesla-David | 22 agosto 2019

Nope, the owner is responsible for setting up charging infrastructure (HPWC, etc) to enable charging at home. Tesla has proactively taken the initiative to build out the supercharging infrastructure to enable long distance travel.

lilbean | 22 agosto 2019

I think they are entitled whiney babies. Maybe their moms should still be wiping their butts.

jimglas | 22 agosto 2019

I think they are confused

andy.connor.e | 22 agosto 2019

What kind of a question is that? Is the car dealership responsible for supplying your car with gasoline?

Tesla-David | 22 agosto 2019

Ha ha @andy.connor.e. You posted that thought before I had a chance. Idiots who think they are entitled to free electricity to charge their Tesla's are like "entitled whiney babies" (@libean +1)

jpcollins9 | 22 agosto 2019

On the other hand, those of us who bought their Teslas long enough ago are grinning from ear to ear! Free supercharging is more mind than matter since my 2015 only has 32,685 miles and my wife's 2018 X (which I got free supercharging for life as a referral) only has 11,098. I estimate that 80% of the miles on both were from charging at home (did I mention the first year I had the S my electricity bill went down and my cost per mile was -$0.02.) Shows what a little conservation will do for you!

In today's press was an article about the eDumper, a giant dump truck that hauls 60 tons of lime and marl from a quarry and NEVER needs charging!
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/sport/edumper-electric-vehicle-supercharg...

In today's press was an article about the eDumper, a giant dump truck that hauls 60 tons of lime and marl from a quarry and NEVER needs charging!
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/16/sport/edumper-electric-vehicle-supercharg...

jimglas | 22 agosto 2019

bad link

andy.connor.e | 23 agosto 2019

I got the Model X giveaway email, and i hope i win.

SamO | 23 agosto 2019

Yes Tesla is responsible for charging your car. Or to restate more carefully, Tesla has declared that they are installing charging to enable long distance travel and for owners who don’t have home charging.

Here’s a summary of a lot of what Tesla has said in relation to their charging installation responsibility.

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/supercharger-network-built-locals-...

geo.teepe | 23 agosto 2019

SamO I thank you.Clarification was sorely needed.
I charge at home, use SC on trips have traveled thousands of miles outside the system (Arctic Ocean).
Never thought Tesla was responsible,some owners think Tesla is.
I wondered about that, hence my thread. Thanks again

Earl and Nagin ... | 23 agosto 2019

Many of us agree with @SamO about many things. His post above is not one of them.
You are responsible for charging your car. You should be appreciative when Tesla provides the infrastructure and electricity for you.

Yodrak. | 23 agosto 2019

I don't see where the article said the eDumper never need recharging.