Forums

Battery size determination

Battery size determination

HI All,

How does one tell what size battery is in the Model X? I ordered the performance long range w. ludicrous but Carmique shows a 75KWH battery when accessing my Tesla acct. Would this be an error on Carmique's part or perhaps I need to speak with Tesla?

Thanking you in advance

lilbean | 1 settembre 2019

Same here. I have a 90D and it shows 75. I don't care.

Mike | 1 settembre 2019

Mine is a "raven" and range will be important to me. I hope it is just a carmiq error and wont require a service appointment, setup etc. I couldnt see how to find the size on the multifunction display or the app. I would think this data would be easily available, and this old man just doesnt know where to look.
Thanks

Mike | 1 settembre 2019

Mine is a "raven" and range will be important to me. I hope it is just a carmiq error and wont require a service appointment, setup etc. I couldnt see how to find the size on the multifunction display or the app. I would think this data would be easily available, and this old man just doesnt know where to look.
Thanks

Triggerplz | 1 settembre 2019

Size does matter I have a P90DL

Mike | 1 settembre 2019

mine just says Dual Motor with the ludicrous underline, but no clue what battery bolted to the floor. It is supposed to be the long range performance model, at least thats what was pd for.

TeslaTap.com | 2 settembre 2019

If you're buying a new S/X today, they only sell the 100 kWh pack - called Long Range. They used to have Standard Range, which was a 75 kWh pack. Before that, the model name had the battery size in the name.

Now if you're buying an inventory or used car, most are using the older naming system where the battery size is in the name. Models included 40 (very rare), 60, 70, 75, 85, 90 and 100. Some models included a larger battery and were software limited. For example, the 40 has a 60 kWh pack.

Mike | 2 settembre 2019

Thanks, I deliberately waited until after 7/1 to order it so that i would insure getting the Raven hardware, the long range, etc. My pricing details do not list anything other than the Model X performance with Ludicrous, but I specifically ordered a long range. Any way to tell for sure? Any way to look under the hood ( or floorboard) so to speak to see just what was delivered?
I appreciate your help.
Mike

TeslaTap.com | 3 settembre 2019

@Mike - At least three ways!

There is a label on the battery pack - you can see it by looking near at the back of the front passenger tire if you're on the ground. It should state 100 kWh on the label.

Tap the "T" logo at the center top of the display. It should show "Long Range"

Check the range when SOC is 100%. It should be about 325 miles for normal non-performance Long Range.