Forums

Spotify family plan in Tesla

Spotify family plan in Tesla

Does the Spotify app in V 10 support multiple accounts? I'm wondering about having a family plan, and switching accounts the way one would switch playlists in the car.

ben.schaefer | 29 settembre 2019

In my testing, only one account is associated with the car. Would love to see it log in with the driver profile. I have a family plan, so will create a dedicated car profile. Then the wife and kids music won't pollute my curated playlists...

;)

daniel.wollmann | 1 ottobre 2019

Is there any kind of voting for updates somewhere? I agree the lack of different spotify accounts kills the experience when you have multiple drivers with different music taste. I don't want my wife's country songs mixed with my library. Also missing streaming quality control, gapless music parameters in the app.

CityLion | 11 novembre 2019

I have exact the same family plan issue.
Even when I am home my sound system stops working, because it is connected to the Tesla when my wife uses a Tesla.

@Ben; Did the tying to the dedicated car profile worked?

Otherwise it would indeed a great idee to feed Tesla software development with an upvoting system as @Daniel proposed.

nukequazar | 11 novembre 2019

This is just another of the many reasons that mobile-device based systems like CarPlay and Android Auto are superior to car-based systems. Whoever gets in and connects their phone instantly has their digital life available in the car, including music, playlists, podcasts, contact list, calendar, etc. It also safeguards the owner’s data from anyone else who may drive the car.

Keep asking for changes you want! And don’t let curmudgeonly fanboys like TeslaTap shut you down.