Forums

Reduce Carbon by hosting other EV or Tesla owners?

Reduce Carbon by hosting other EV or Tesla owners?

My wife Angelika and I are living in Canada. We have a new Model 3 Long Range (we love it) and are considering traveling to Palm Dessert or Phoenix area to play pickleball. We find prices for short term stays quite high. Alternatively we don't want to use our truck and travel trailer because of obvious carbon emissions. In fact I would like to sell them and permanently use the Tesla exclusively for traveling. My wife and I are both retired and we have a small Yorkie 6 lbs. Is there anyone in Palm Dessert, Phoenix or even Casse Grande areas that would like to host/rent to fellow Tesla owners. We would love to come south in Jan for 2 or 3 months. I believe as ambassadors of the environment we all need to consider thinking different. I really wish there was a website for ev owners to host/rent to other ev owners I believe we could really encourage others to switch to EV's by having better hosting/rental rates. Help each other through celebrating our common direction and encouraging others to do the same.

EVRider | 7 ottobre 2019

I don’t see how giving you lodging at below-market prices benefits anyone except you. Nice try though. :-)

andy.connor.e | 7 ottobre 2019

Try Airbnb

jimglas | 7 ottobre 2019

Try VRBO

cyberrider77 | 7 ottobre 2019

Yes it would definitely benefit my wife and I directly in this case. The bigger picture could be if some businesses gave a small discount to EV owners for their part in reducing pollution it might increase the likelihood of others switching to EV’s. I try to do my part by giving as many people a ride in my Model 3 as possible. I know most wont purchase an EV anytime soon but it’s more about creating a buzz so people at least consider it. Thank you for your comments everyone, yes I have looked on VRBO and AIRBNB.

No one is going to give you a discount because you are an EV driver. In fact people would probably have an opposite reaction and consider it arrogance.

Airbnb will be much cheaper than hotels. Never tried VRBO.

I have tried VRBO thanks. Some businesses do give discounts for EV owners in the form of free charging, usually in return they want you to purchase something at there business or stay at their hotel for instance. Currently in our province BC Hydro gives free level 3 fast charging as an incentive for EV owners. Many campgrounds will allow free charging if an EV driver is in need of charging. So people are helping which I think is great.

free charging is not the impression i was getting by asking for EV driver discounts. Thats more of an amenity provided to their customers. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Andy