Forums

Right Hand Drive - Screen Layout Optimisation

Right Hand Drive - Screen Layout Optimisation

After driving the M3 for a month or so in Right Hand Drive form in the UK, I am fully used to and a fan of the HMI, very simple, intuitive and mainly distraction free.
However, I think there could be some driver ‘comfort/optimisations’ made to the layout.
For example, to close a window you have to stretch way out to the far left of the screen to click the X - why not have an X on the top right of windows so they are closer to the driver?
Similarly on say the music window why not mirror image (flip left to right side) so that the station/artist etc are not aligned on a vertical list on the far left of the window and screen, but are in a window to the left of the main speedo/traffic window, right aligned in that window so that the stretch and selection is much more simple.
I used to drive a Merc and it made a half hearted attempt at mirror imaging switches for RHD - but with a screen the possibilities should be greater.

Hope you get the idea?

andy | 15 ottobre 2019

Totally agree - I raised a question on here and LHD cars do seem to have a better layout. Some frequently used controls in RHD versions are a long reach.

I also have a question about the web browser and the UK construction and use r

andy | 15 ottobre 2019

Post above accidentally sent before edited/complete.

andy | 15 ottobre 2019

Post above accidentally sent before edited/complete.

M3phan | 16 ottobre 2019

Pretty sure that you folks could see a UI improvement, as they made some neat little UI improvements for us here in the US moving things around on the screen to be within easier view/reach.

HighlandPony | 16 ottobre 2019

For the LHD version the X to close the windows is on the right, so you have to reach all the way over to close it. We are all in the same boat.

M3phan | 16 ottobre 2019

My LHD screens have the X ok the last top corner...

M3phan | 16 ottobre 2019

Ok-on