Forums

will the light inside the frunk go out when it is closed? During drive?

will the light inside the frunk go out when it is closed? During drive?

Just curious.

vmulla | 26 novembre 2019

Yes and ummm?? But yes. (I have reached back into the trunk during a drive)

There's a glow-thing by the safety release - if that's your concern.

r3hxn | 26 novembre 2019

get in and find out..

Slonkis | 26 novembre 2019

It's like Schrodinger's cat, you'll never know

Effopec | 26 novembre 2019

It's like your refrigerator. You need to climb in and close the door to see if the light goes out.

phil | 26 novembre 2019

start recording video on your phone and shut that in the frunk, retrieve it and watch the footage !

Sarah R | 26 novembre 2019

@phil Since the light is in superposition until observed, that would collapse the wave function. The quantum state would then be deterministic.

You can also fold the back seats to peek inside the trunk. You can do this while someone is driving the car too.

If you want to know the answer, no the light is not on.

We pack the stuff we need often behind the seat so we can reach for it by folding the seats - the light isn't on when we look into the trunk.

Pg3ibew | 26 novembre 2019

The answer is 13.453

Magic 8 Ball | 26 novembre 2019

The answer is always: 42

nsirkin | 26 novembre 2019

Two shelves where none are needed and look! You close the door and the light stays on!

@magic, did you take the gravitional pull of mercury with Venus rising, into account? Clearly, you made a mistake. Try dividing Celsius by the hypotenuse of the squared triangle. And then get back to me.

Magic 8 Ball | 26 novembre 2019

The answer is always 42, no matter what, get with the program ; ).

RoadDevil | 26 novembre 2019

Turn on video recording on the phone, put the phone in the frunk and close the lid, you know what to do next ;)

Are tomatoes a fruit or vegetable?

CharleyBC | 26 novembre 2019

"It's like Schrodinger's cat, you'll never know"

What if you borrow Schrodinger's cat, close him in the frunk, let him back out, and ask?

JCTSLAM3 | 26 novembre 2019

It’s like the refrigerator, it always stays on!

Slonkis | 26 novembre 2019

"What if you borrow Schrodinger's cat, close him in the frunk, let him back out, and ask?"

The cat will tell you that the light was on and off at the same time.

TeslaTap.com | 26 novembre 2019

More likely the cat will swipe you for putting him/her in the trunk and couldn't care less if the light was on or not :)

ElectricAlex | 26 novembre 2019

It is a simple answer, but unsatisfying.

If there is a possibility that a sentient being could get locked in a trunk (frunk) then a lighted escape button must be present.

Answer is, it stays in.

I'll try one more time :)

I'm Tesla camping at a Supercharger as I type this. The trunk is closed, I'm practically half way into the trunk, and the light is OFF.

Sarah R | 26 novembre 2019

@vmulla the OP was about the frunk. The one at the other end of the car that you can't see from the back seat.

Aaargh :(
Thanks @Sarah R

SalisburySam | 27 novembre 2019

@Sarah R said: “@phil Since the light is in superposition until observed, that would collapse the wave function. The quantum state would then be deterministic.”

As my niece would say: “Well, obvi!”

Sarah, I have to say, you’ve added a very refreshing slant to the topics in which you participate, and have given me a number of serious chuckles and the occasional coffee-through-the-nose laugh. While not as pithy as the ever-humorous @lilbean, I’ve added you to my list of must-read posters. Thank you!

Sarah R | 27 novembre 2019

@SalisburySam Thank you very much. I do try to bring a fresh perspective to the regular inciteful commentary.