Forums

Upcoming V3 Supercharger Clearwater, Fl

Upcoming V3 Supercharger Clearwater, Fl

Located at the rear of a new Wawa convenience store, this will be the first V3 Supercharger in the entire eastern half of the United States. Bighorn, let me know when you’re coming through. Lunch and coffee on me!

https://imgur.com/gallery/LD1cL27

vmulla | 26 novembre 2019

Wait.. How soon, do you know?
It would be so cool if it was in the next 4 days kind of soon :) I should be there this weekend

hokiegir1 | 26 novembre 2019

@vmulla - Here's the TMC thread on it. Doesn't look like it will be ready this week: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/version-3-supercharger-coming-in...

And based on the comments, it looks like Metter, GA might come online first. They are shooting for tomorrow, but no guarantees yet: https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/supercharger-metter-ga-i-16-mac-...

Bighorn | 26 novembre 2019

@Bighorn,
Did you mean to say that the Superchargers are running at capacity?

--off topic--
I should seriously move over to TMC. For all it's shortcomings, this forum is very entertaining. I started here because it's the first thing that came up when I searched for Tesla forum.
---

hokiegir1 | 26 novembre 2019

@vmulla - I have an account there, but rarely post (do occasionally, though -- but have a different screenname). I just find the "discuss" links from the supercharge.info map to be incredibly helpful with tracking new SC status. We've had a TON of construction on routes hubby and I frequent or would like to go, so I keep an eye on those that would make the trip easier -- like Cary, NC that just opened. It's about 2 miles from my uncle's new house. He's been in the area for about 6 months, but I'd been holding out visiting until that was up and running (and it's a 6 hour drive -- so a longer weekend is helpful).

yudansha™ | 26 novembre 2019

@vmulla Aren't you going to Miami?

@vmulla
No—that I posted this construction 3 weeks ago on TMC before supercharge.info even knew about it.

ODWms | 26 novembre 2019

@ vmulla - Sorry. I don’t know how long it’ll be. But I plan to keep an eye on it and see how things go. Will definitely keep the forum posted.

Aircooled3 | 26 novembre 2019

Looks like 2-3 months out.

Supercharger construction start to finish in my hometown was slightly over one week, so 2-3 months seems pretty pessimistic short of an equipment shortage.

-off topic-
@Tanya,
I'm enroute to Miami. The route is
Washington DC-Miami-Key West-Clearwater Beach-Atlanta -Haven't thought it out-Washington DC

We don't keep our plans rigid, that allows us to soak in whatever good things come our way on the trip :)

@bighorn,
Thanks! Thanks to TMC I finally put a face to your username :)

beaver | 26 novembre 2019

@bighorn

Pasadena, CA supercharger just lit up today, 75 days (2.5 months) after start of construction. It really depends on the layout, parking (surface vs structure) and other factors. 2 weeks is amazing.

nwfan | 26 novembre 2019

@Bighorn, except if your in a flyover state like TX.
Ex: Burleson, TX - 181 days since construction started and still not open
Ft Worth, TX - 16 urban chargers - broke for over 215 days before repaired,
inspected and reopened.

Bighorn | 27 novembre 2019

Wyoming is the ultimate flyover state. Least populous in the US.
Fort Worth rebuild was a big legal/insurance snafu with the subcontractor. Local politics can also stymie a site. Tesla has a handful of contractors who can git’er done very quickly if all the paperwork and inspections go quickly. Texas is not particularly Tesla friendly.

vmulla | 27 novembre 2019

This picture is from Santee SC, is this a V3 charger?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ARssHvGbMd6uTCnm8

Bighorn | 27 novembre 2019

No, it’s a 72 kW urban charger.

Aircooled3 | 27 novembre 2019

They don’t have the transformer set to power them up yet. And with the holidays who knows how long.

hokiegir1 | 27 novembre 2019

I *believe* I've seen that Santee is going to be expanded soon, but I think it will still be V2 when that happens. They just did the same at Tifton, adding 2 additional spots to the existing 8.

Also - Metter is apparently on the in-car map, but shown as "temporarily down" per that TMC thread I posted earlier. That was someone who went by yesterday.

...And Metter is now showing "Open" on the in-car map (photos in the TMC thread) -- so Clearwater is *not* the first East Coast one to open. ;)

vmulla | 27 novembre 2019

@hokiegir1,
Are you happy that *your* Supercharger to claim the V3 crown for the Eastern USA?
---
It's been almost 17hrs on the road, and it's the first time we've stopped and not charging. Thanks AP for keeping us safe and fresh :)

I'm very excited! If I had my car, I'd be taking us on a roadtrip this weekend just to try it out. LOL! But sadly, no car yet. :(

Taffy | 27 novembre 2019

I called the store today and they said the Tesla charger should be up and running by
the end of December.

ODWms | 10 dicembre 2019

It’s been 2 weeks since I posted about the installation of the supercharger, with no activity at all since. Stopped by there yesterday, and it still looks exactly as pictured.