Forums

Tesla is the top brand in 7 out of 12 categories in Kelley Blue Book Q3 2019 Brand Watch report

Tesla is the top brand in 7 out of 12 categories in Kelley Blue Book Q3 2019 Brand Watch report

Not sure if this has been discussed here:
https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/kelley-blue-book-q3-brand-wat...
(scroll down to the end of the page)

Out of the 12 most important categories considered by car buyers, Tesla comes out on top in 7 of them: driving comfort, driving performance, interior layout, technology, exterior styling, fuel efficiency, prestige/sophistication. And it is in the top 3 brands in another 3 categories: durability/reliability, safety, reputation.

The only 2 categories where Tesla is not in the top 3 brands: affordability, ruggedness.

Amazing showing for such a young company.

inconel | 27 novembre 2019

Maybe the CyberTruck will make Tesla become #1 in affordability and ruggedness as well :)

Bighorn | 27 novembre 2019

@inconel
My thoughts exactly. Cybertruck is going to cow the fake tough out there now. This resounding success is why trolls like FISH exist. To try to salvage a future path for the decimated competition. Just flag and move on. In 3...2...1

Big_Ed | 27 novembre 2019

Related: Consumer Reports doubled their reliability score for the M3 from 2018 to 2019.

https://insideevs.com/features/384689/recommended-consumer-reports-tesla...

jimglas | 27 novembre 2019

but what about the Taycan?

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi | 27 novembre 2019

But what about lack of BSI and rear cross traffic alert? Clearly it's not safe!

jimglas | 27 novembre 2019

and the batteries explode

HighlandPony | 27 novembre 2019

Let’s get it right WhiteWi, it’s “Rear Cross Track Alert.” It’s a very special feature and it’s only available from Subaru. All other brands fall short. Sad!

@HighlandPony, wrong

Rear cross-traffic alert is part of the blind-spot monitoring system. It uses the same sensors for vehicle detection but activates instead when you put the Mazda in reverse. Its purpose is to detect vehicles that might be crossing your rearward path, such as when you're backing out of a parking space.

@HighlandPony, when you don't know shit please don't comment. Thanks

Joshan | 27 novembre 2019

its a shame that awesome technology causes Subaru to have the most at fault accidents. Awesome technology!!

the Subaru Crosstrek compact SUV is involved in more accidents than any car in the US. The national average is 13.64 percent of all models on the road have had at least one prior accident.

Subaru's most-awarded car, the Crosstrek, ranks number one of all car models with a 25.81 percent accident rate.

https://www.torquenews.com/1084/new-subaru-crosstrek-involved-most-fault...

HighlandPony | 27 novembre 2019

What do you mean? It has to be right. I’ve literally seen it in hundreds of posts on this forum. Rear Cross Track Alert, that’s the term. It alerts you when someone is crossing the race track in the reverse. Or is it when an inverted cross alerts the track that you are crossing. Anyway, it’s something like that. And all I know is that Tesla definitely has gotten it wrong and Subaru is the best at it. So I’m planning on selling my Model 3 in a few years, ‘cause this is a deal breaker and we are all going to die if we don’t get this feature.

@HighlandPony, got ya. Yeah, very very very very did I say very? Dangerous!!!!!!! I want to cross without being alert )

TeslaTap.com | 27 novembre 2019

Like hundreds of features and safety items, no car has it all. If you want side collision avoidance, Tesla is the only manufacturer to offer it. For Cross-traffic alert, yes a few manufacturers offer this with an idiot light or buzzer. I prefer to use Tesla's HD wide-angle camera on a large screen to see exactly what is going on. It's actually about 1 foot further back on the car than radar systems used on other cars - so it actually shows you more of what is happening sooner. Nothing wrong with either approach, but Tesla has a better system in my opinion, but some prefer idiot lights that tell you very little.

@TeslaTap.com, no arguing there

RedPillSucks | 27 novembre 2019

The web really needs a sarcasm or tongue-in-cheek font

Ford needs that asap

finman100 | 27 novembre 2019

ha, i see what u did there. nice. Ford backpeddling font.

inconel | 27 novembre 2019

For those complaining about Tesla spartan interior and how the Model 3 looks, Tesla is the #1 brand for both Interior Layout and Exterior Styling.