Forums

Don't see any mention of it on the Stats app, but it's installing now...

BTW, I just happened to look at the app on my phone earlier and I could see download progress for the update. Not sure I ever noticed that before. Has the app always shown a new update while it's still being downloaded?

Whdame | 3 dicembre 2019

The download progress with the percentage on the app is new. The previous update before the last one allowed you to see the version that you are getting, now with the latest update, you can also see the percentage of the download on the phone.

EVRider | 3 dicembre 2019

The download progress in the mobile app is fairly new. TeslaFi shows 36.2.4, but only 12 deployments as of 9:25pm ET.

MNDZA | 3 dicembre 2019

Installing this now. Wonder what it changes.

Mijak | 3 dicembre 2019

I just installed 36.2.4. No new release notes.

M3phan | 3 dicembre 2019

Fug bixes

stingray.don | 4 dicembre 2019

“M3phan | December 3, 2019
Fug bixes”

—————

Wish it was FUD fixes!

Rippin1Gear | 4 dicembre 2019

Can someone school me on why so many people have more updated versions? Seems like my car is a few weeks or so begins updates available for me.

Lbanworth | 4 dicembre 2019

@Rippin1Gear What model 3 do you have and do you have FSD?

Teslanene | 4 dicembre 2019

Is this the update for faster supercharging?

jokerandthief | 4 dicembre 2019

I thought my energy usage was better today. Still not great with the cold but better than it has been.

vmulla | 4 dicembre 2019

This update broke the rear view camera for my friend. We did the two thumb reset and screen power off without any luck. Will check back tomorrow AM.

vmulla | 4 dicembre 2019

Broke=black blank screen, no image

M3phan | 4 dicembre 2019

@stingray.don, you and me both!

jimqjp | 4 dicembre 2019

After updated with 33, My LR AWD M3 drained lots of battery. I live in NJ USA, about 45 degrees in garage. It took at least 20 miles/day with (sentry mode off).

36.2.3 was much better (about 5 to 6). However the rear view lose three days ago, reset and power off could not recovery it. Somehow yesterday it came back its self. Wish this release can fix it.

beaver | 5 dicembre 2019

Major AP fail today, I don’t know if it is related to 36.2.4 but I just installed it last night. AP deactivates with the loud beeping sounds and flashing red steering wheel on the screen. That has happened only once before and about 6 months ago. This time the visualization froze, a cone was stuck on screen. No AP, no TACC, no visualization of other vehicles around me. After 15 min it went back to normal.

I will see if it happens again.

WEST TEX EV | 5 dicembre 2019

updated. No problems here. Back up Camera perfect.

vmulla | 5 dicembre 2019

Update to the blank rear view camera: The issue resolved itself overnight.

Effopec | 5 dicembre 2019

Got mine last night - was hoping for 40.1.1, but it looks like they may have had problems with that one. Not sure if it's just me, but it looks like the car renders are improved now. Rock solid and the vehicle type on the screen seems more defined.

Ken_Richins | 5 dicembre 2019

After updating the mobile App show software update downloading at 100% as does the Screen in the car. Shows that it is running 36.2.4 but also shows it is trying to download the same version? I tried hard reboot but did not fix it. Any suggestions on how to get the screen to not show the update download that is already installed?

Ken_Richins | 5 dicembre 2019

After updating the mobile App show software update downloading at 100% as does the Screen in the car. Shows that it is running 36.2.4 but also shows it is trying to download the same version? I tried hard reboot but did not fix it. Any suggestions on how to get the screen to not show the update download that is already installed?

ICEMELT | 5 dicembre 2019

@Effopec what is expected in 40.1.1?

whtrbbt | 5 dicembre 2019

@Icemelt -- @DirtyTesla did a couple of vlogs on 40.1.1. The main positive thing he noticed was that AP responded much quicker and more naturally to user-initiated lane changes. However, he also noticed that NOA never seemed to want to move out of the passing lane on its own. He theorized that that was why it hasn't been deployed broadly.

Effopec | 5 dicembre 2019

Yeah, quicker lane changes in AP had been reported in 40.1.1. That's one of my biggest disappointments with AP - you see the gap, put your blinker on, it sits there for 10 seconds, the gap fills and you are stuck til the next gap.

Kary993 | 5 dicembre 2019

I am hoping that HW3 will help with the decision making speed....which is painfully slow right now particularly in moderate to heavy traffic.

nunyabiz | 5 dicembre 2019

I have had my model 3 for almost 3 weeks. Getting my second update now. 36.2.4. Why does the car make so many bangs and noises when updating? It's done it both times when up dating.

zafarula | 5 dicembre 2019

Everytime I pulled my flash drive it got corrupted in the last version, hope this fixes!!!

Magic 8 Ball | 5 dicembre 2019

@nunyabiz

It's none of your business.

WW_spb | 5 dicembre 2019

Just got ours installed. Bug fixes?

nunyabiz | 5 dicembre 2019

M8B. Lol I guess not. I thought it might be a mafia hit.

Stinnett | 5 dicembre 2019

beaver:
That has happened to me five times now, over the past month (even before 36.2.4, which is downloading for me right now). It scared the dickens out of me each time. AP turns off, car decelerates (regens), alarm goes off, and a large red steering wheel pops up. "Take control immediately!" Always in different places.

I tried to discover why this happened and maybe it's because the car thinks I'm about to run a red light. Others: Might this be so? Bighorn? You would know ...) I even looked in the manual but didn't find anything.

Each time it happened I was miles from any stoplight. I was on open road each time. Scared me witless. (No jibes about that being easy to do, please.)

Life is good but it's better in a (non-frightening) Tesla.

Rippin1Gear | 5 dicembre 2019

My 2018 LR RWD just got the 36.2.4 today.... how are people on 40.x.x ?

M3phan | 5 dicembre 2019

Smart Summon disconnected/aborted midstream every time I tried it today (3 times). For me, that’s more significant aborts than the last several months.

kaiyankowski | 5 dicembre 2019

The sounds while updating I think was said is disconnection of a fuse that clunk that people have reported.

luapobazs | 5 dicembre 2019

36.2.1 had a bug where, on model 3, the A/C would not retain the “recirculation” setting upon exit and re-entering the vehicle. This supposedly fixes that, amongst other bugs.

I installed it but haven’t tested it yet.

I complained and they told me this revision would fix that.

luapobazs | 5 dicembre 2019

Rippin1Gear I’m there with you. Got mine very early on, vin 12000, and seems we get them much later per our configuration plus HW2.5. I have AP but still very late to receive updates. Has nothing to do with when your vehicle was manufactured but more with if you have FSD and configuration that pertains to update.

After you realize it’s just a car and if you have not bugs requiring a patch/update, who cares. If there’s no new games, I don’t care.

rehutton777 | 5 dicembre 2019

Just downloaded 36.2.4. Will test it out in the morning.

ODWms | 6 dicembre 2019

I got it yesterday. So far, I note no differences in any features. Probably just bug fixes s earlier stated.

wood.dj55 | 6 dicembre 2019

I just received and installed the update today and the release notes are the ones for the previous update. I already could see the traffic cones and got the power boost. There was no indication of bug fixes or anything that hadn't already been installed.

jd4714 | 6 dicembre 2019

FWIW my wife received 36.2.4 last night on her 2019 LR RWD with HW3, no FSD. I received 40.1.1 on my 2018 LR AWD, HW2.5 with FSD about a week ago.

bgrammar | 6 dicembre 2019

@zafarula you have to eject the flash drive before removing (just like on a Windows PC). Some files will be corrupt if you don't. To eject, press and hold the camera icon for 5-6 seconds until you see the expanding circle under your finger and the red light goes out on the icon.

JJBMPK | 6 dicembre 2019

@bgrammar did not know that about ejecting the drive, maybe that’s why my MicroSd card stopped working.

henry.groover | 6 dicembre 2019

I got 36.2.4 last night - I turned on the option to get early beta updates, but I believe there's another tier of people who get later updates (like 40.1) sooner. Obviously that's not me :(
Anyway the release notes had nothing new and the backup camera was fine. I haven't noticed any significant differences yet - most likely bug fixes as others have noted.

Tronguy | 6 dicembre 2019

Got 36.2.4 an hour ago. No advanced, just standard update option. As others have noted, no change in the release notes. Backup camera is fine.

rosemary | 7 dicembre 2019

Why doesn’t Tesla publish bug fixes in their release notes——or I guess anything that was changed on an incremental update like 36.2.3 to 36.2.4?

dschantz26 | 7 dicembre 2019

I think Tesla needs to inform owners of their update policy.

I'm a new owner ~5 weeks and just receive the 40.2 and new Nav updates. It is my understanding that updates per vehicle are staggered on a 6 to 8 week cycle that is applied to an individual vehicle. A lot of the "where is my update" comments and frustration would be avoided if Tesla would disclose to the owner the approximate date of the next update for their particular vehicle and the cycle program they are on.

Of course a critical (ie safety) updates should be pushed immediately.

M3phan | 7 dicembre 2019

Critical updates *are* pushed immediately.

jjy1959 | 9 dicembre 2019

36.2.4 appears to have fixed my auto wiper setting. Wipers now adjust their speed correctly to rainfall amounts.