Forums

March 2019 M3 with 15k miles and bumper pain peels & scratches

March 2019 M3 with 15k miles and bumper pain peels & scratches

Check the images and I was horrified what I saw on bumper. We have driven the same freeways for many years in my 2012 Prius and 2007 Highlander. They don't have these paint scruffs/peels and scratches on their bumper.. anyone else?

https://imgur.com/a/9lrJOf4

lilbean | 8 dicembre 2019

Looks like the driver goes over dips too quickly.

WW_spb | 8 dicembre 2019

Lol that's some serious sh"""t. You probably hit some debris on the road few too many times.

Pg3ibew | 8 dicembre 2019

By the looks of the photos, who ever is driving is clearly hitting/scraping/bottoming out on SOMETHING. I am not sure if you are looking to place blame or fault somewhere. But from the photos, I place blame solely on whoever drives that car. No one else.

vmulla | 8 dicembre 2019

BTW looks like all the damage is only on one side of the car.

Bighorn | 8 dicembre 2019

Looks like someone took a machete to it. Do you have Sentry?

TimWatson | 8 dicembre 2019

You hit something, it's that simple

Magic 8 Ball | 8 dicembre 2019

I have seen damage like that done to a parked car when a buck in rut decided the car need some adjusting.

Mr.Tesla | 8 dicembre 2019

Roads? Where you've been driving, you NEED roads.

yudansha™ | 8 dicembre 2019

My driving pales in comparison with yours :)

M3phan | 8 dicembre 2019

This is a gag right? That’s not passive driving damage on supposed bad car quality, that’s definitely active damage from hitting and/or scraping something. Would do same to any car...except the Cybertruck.

yudansha™ | 9 dicembre 2019

Ran over Wolverine?

Bighorn | 9 dicembre 2019

Or Edward Scissorhands for the boomers.

M3phan | 9 dicembre 2019

Wolverine! Hahahaha

nnguyen72 | 9 dicembre 2019

You clearly scraped it on something, possibly a concrete parking barrier or going too fast through a drainage rut. The bumpers on your previous cars have higher ground clearance so less likely to scrape. If you want to prevent damage like this in the future maybe look into something like this:

https://sliplo.com/product/universal-skid-plate-front-lip-protection-diy...

Elusivejeep | 9 dicembre 2019

Also possible someone backed into your front bumper while parallel parked. Did you really think this was normal road damage?

Massimo76 | 9 dicembre 2019

Looks like the cas was used offroad, that said Model 3 paint is above any car maker standard, at least compared to EU cars. The main problem in my opinion is the clear coat, too thin. My car (2 months old) started to show some little damages probably because some rock gains, never happened with any other car I owned

Pg3ibew | 9 dicembre 2019

Where is the original poster? From the way I was reading it, it looks like he was looking to blame Resla and looking for sympathy.

I guess he didnt get the responses he was looking for.

Pg3ibew | 9 dicembre 2019

Tesla, not Resla

RedPillSucks | 9 dicembre 2019

Nope, just you...

Yeah, this clearly looks like impact damage, not paint peals

Pepperidge | 9 dicembre 2019

We = someone not you hit something without telling you.