Forums

How to subscribe for premium connectivity

How to subscribe for premium connectivity

Hello
My free premium connect subscription expired a few days before. I'm still waiting for the promised Email alert from TESLA to appear in my mailbox.
As I can't find any hint on my TESLA account (PC and mobile phone app), I'm lost to subscribe the payable service. Can anybody post me helpful info, where to find and how to subscribe the premium connectivity service? TESLA support asks to wait up to 4 weeks for a reply to quests sent via contact form . . .
Cheers Hans

EVRider | 30 marzo 2020

In the US, you can subscribe to Premium Connectivity on the vehicle details page of your online account or from the Controls > Software screen in your car.

hans.zumstein | 30 marzo 2020

Thanks for your reply! However this doesn't work in europe?
Can't see anything neither like "connectity" on the car screen under "software" nor under car details in the phone app . . .
Cheers Hans

EVRider | 30 marzo 2020

I was referring to the vehicle details page in your Tesla web account, not the mobile app. Do you see it there?

hans.zumstein | 30 marzo 2020

No such indication in my TESLA web account. . . I remember to have seen information about primary connectivity weeks ago. I suspect that this information has disappeared after the 1 year free subscription has expired. . . TESLA support? All they say is to wait a few weeks for a response . . . very "helpful"!!

rehutton777 | 31 marzo 2020

On your online web account, go to Tesla Account > Manage > View Details. On the Details Screen page you should see a line for "Premium Connectivity". That is how it shows at least in the U.S. Let us know if you find it.

hans.zumstein | 31 marzo 2020

As I wrote earlier, there is no such information appearing on the car details page in my TESLA web account. Under option I find only "premium interior" and "Autopilot" but no "premiun connection". . . I guess it's another issue of the "famous" TESLA (IT) support?

derotam | 31 marzo 2020

@hans.zumstein: It isn't listed under Options. You should have the following headers on your car details page: Exterior, Interior, Options, maybe Post Delivery Options, Supercharging Status, PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY, Delivery Documents, and Remove this car from your Account.

@derotam
My account webpage shows only this six chapters: Exterior options, Interior view, options, super charging status, owner change, delivery documents, remove this car from account. That's it!

Nothing about PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY anymore. This item obviously disapppeared after the 1 year free service was terminated. This was listed whilst the service was active. I remember a stmt to be informed via EMail when this service is renewable. Still waiting for this, perhaps a few weeks or months?

EVRider | 31 marzo 2020

@hans: Another owner who has Premium Connectivity also reported that the Premium Connectivity option was missing from their vehicle details page. What I suggested to them, and I’ll suggest to you, is log out of your Tesla web account, and clear all browser cookies and cache for tesla.com. It might just be a web issue.

@EVRider
Thanks for your hint.
As you suggested, I logged out from my account, deleted all cookies, browse history and logged in again to my account. No change, no entry for PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY. Then, I used a different browser (OPERA) which I never user before to acces my TESLA account: No change, same result. Last trial was with my Tab S4. No change, same result, So for me it looks definitely to be a WEBSITE issue with TESLA.

EVRider | 31 marzo 2020

@hans: It wouldn't be the first website issue I've seen on my Tesla account.

In the connectivity support article (https://www.tesla.com/support/connectivity), I don't see any exclusions for different geographies, so it should be working for you. I suggest you contact support again using https://www.tesla.com/support/contact; sometimes it take a few attempts to get their attention.

@EVRider
This was my first action before posting here in the forum. Answer from TESLA: It may last up to 4-5 weeks for an answer. . . I also approached the local TESLA support. They fwd my request to TESLA EMEA support. Same situation: wait wait wait. Support? Why TESLA calls this mess "customer support"? Do they have such a hell lot of troubles to work on and/or are they simple understaffed? I'm getting crazy about . . .

hans.zumstein | 16 aprile 2020

Used my car today for a short trip to buy food and beverage. No satellite map on the screen anymore. No advise for premium connectivity subscription, nothing. And total silence from TESLA support since 3 weeks actually . . . what to do more than annoying about TESLA customer support?

FISHEV | 16 aprile 2020

hans.zumstein | April 16, 2020 "Used my car today for a short trip to buy food and beverage. No satellite map on the screen anymore. "

How is the non-satellite map and nav?

The satellite mapping is the only thing I use or would pay for unless FM radio for NPR is also dependent on cell service for the car.

Drove to the coast yesterday and it loses cell service in a few spots and the basic mapping looked pretty good.

hans.zumstein | 20 aprile 2020

TESLA late easter gift!
Just checked my account and noticed "Premium connectivity Free unlimited". No more monthly fees of 10 $ / month! Great and thank you!