Forums

Short Sellers Demise and/or Long Sell Remorse

Short Sellers Demise and/or Long Sell Remorse

If you sold all your shares I feel for you. Something I've learned is to not trade on news which is crazy these days.
I want to congratulate the people who hung in there. Good due diligence seems to be missing from many sources these days. An old saying is a little knowledge can be dangerous. Throw in some fake news and decisions can be 100% incorrect. Fear and Greed don't work BTW.
Watching Joe and Elon talk was so refreshing to see my take on things being very close to theirs. One thing I learned is doing an 18 hour fast which besides helps you sleep well, lose weight and such, it also improves the immune system. But I don't think I want to be too smart with AI in my skull but for paraplegics and those with Alzheimer's it makes sense.
One last saying is: If I knew I would live this long I would have taken better care of myself.

Orthopod | 8 maggio 2020

Still have all my shares

andy.connor.e | 8 maggio 2020

Indeed! i did not buy or sell anything while the market was reflecting pure emotion. If you're vision is 5+ years, $820 is on sale still.

SamO | 8 maggio 2020

Actually, the bigger lesson is that if you bought $1000 in shares every 6 months since the IPO, you'd be ready to retire.

Dollar-cost averaging is your friend.

too bad i was still in grade school in 2008

jimglas | 8 maggio 2020

I sold enough shares to pay for my initial investment
Its all funny money now

Mike83 | 8 maggio 2020

With a paper route you could have saved some dollars and bought Tsla at around $18/share.
Keeping it simple, say you got 100 shares at 20=$2000; now worth $82,000 and it is long term capital gains if you sold.
A 1000 shares worth $820,000. Not bad for a smart paper boy.

How much stock investing does the average individual do for themselves prior to graduating college when 100% of their personal finances must come from themselves?

thomas.hitchcock | 8 maggio 2020

I'm hoping to sell all the TSLA I have soon after battery day and before the SEC comes down on musk for his latest comments. Then buy it all back plus more.

Mike83 | 8 maggio 2020

Here's a great saying.
A fool never learns from his/her own mistakes, a smart person learns from his or her mistakes, and a Wise one learns from others.

Tesla-David | 8 maggio 2020

I purchased my shares at IPO in 2010, and still have every share with no intention on selling until stock hits $10,000/share. My only mistake was not adding more shares while the stock price was still low, but I am a happy camper and all in on Tesla.

Tropopause | 9 maggio 2020

Don't get greedy. Agreed.

Tesla2018 | 10 maggio 2020

Bought it originally and then bought and sold over the years.
Sold some that I bought at 280 witjin the last year or so at 900 andt then bought it back at 700 and just sold it at 820 and waiting for it to drop due to all the unemployment and covid uncertainty and Elons stock is too high and crazy baby name and I'm moving rants. Too much uncertainty causes stocks to drop. And if Biden or Trump gets covid then the markets will really tank.

Mike83 | 10 maggio 2020

Elon is a strong CEO and will not be bullied by special interests. He is doing this to help all the people even those in Alameda. Fossil fuel interests try to make it out like he is not correct. I beg your pardon, the fossil fuel morons are the self destructive non thinking bullies.
How about this quote from the link that the COVID virus is linked to Climate crisis which Tesla is helping to prevent.

"This resulted in the rallying of Tesla supporters, owners, and shareholders from all over sharing their support for the electric car company — a company that is bent on changing the world for the better by creating vehicles that don’t contribute to smog and pollution, the same stuff that is linked with higher COVID-19 deaths. Think about it, a company that makes a car better, safer, and emissions-free is being prevented from operating due to a pandemic that has deaths linked to smog."

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/05/10/tesla-owners-shareholders-speak-out...

Mike83 | 10 maggio 2020

And this: (DID ALEMEDA COUNTY NOT KNOW OF TESLA IN SHAGHAI AND THEIR SUCCESS OF NO VIRUS INFECTIONS?)

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/05/10/does-alameda-county-not-realize-tes...

andy.connor.e | 10 maggio 2020

isnt that ironic?

Mike83 | 10 maggio 2020

And this: (DID ALEMEDA COUNTY NOT KNOW OF TESLA IN SHANGHAI AND THEIR SUCCESS OF NO VIRUS INFECTIONS?)

https://cleantechnica.com/2020/05/10/does-alameda-county-not-realize-tes...

andy.connor.e | 10 maggio 2020

@Forums

Love the support. Keep it up. Alemeda county has no idea what they are doing.

SCCRENDO | 10 maggio 2020

@mike. I pretty much agree with you on most stuff but on this I disagree strongly. The safety of the workers needs to be decided by the medical experts during a pandemic. California will open up as soon as they can and as quickly as they can under medical guidelines and the changing prevalence of COVID. Not only is the safety of the workers impacted but indeed the general public will be at increased risk if the workers are affected. Look at what is happening in the meat packing industry where the workers are being forced to work, getting infected in droves and spreading it to family friends and acquaintances.
https://www.wired.com/story/why-meatpacking-plants-have-become-covid-19-...

Mike83 | 11 maggio 2020

I very much disagree. Some of my suspicions are validated. Chevron funding politicians and their nasty remarks about Elon. Elon has successfully opened and ran the enormous Tesla factory in China WITHOUT one virus detection let alone death.
The UAW(proven corrupt in their leadership) and fossil fuel hacks in California are trying to impede Tesla; just connect the dots.
Heres one link but there is more detective work to do.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-elon-musk-cursed-out-ca-politician-chevr...

Mike83 | 11 maggio 2020

These people that make up stuff about Tesla and Elon are the real bullies and dishonest with everything they say and they have the ear of the newspapers. After this we need to toss out these hypocrites and put in some good people.

Mike83 | 11 maggio 2020

Tesla doesn't need to stay in California. Most companies list in Delaware and avoid California Taxes. Pretty dumb people who support a losing fossil fuel industry for money and don't give a crap about a successful honest company.
The mafia seems to have more sense.

SCCRENDO | 11 maggio 2020

@Mike in a situation like this medical safety comes first and I don’t believe they fit the criteria. I guess the lawsuit will decide it
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/east-bay/tesla-filing-lawsuit-agai...

rxlawdude | 11 maggio 2020

"Most companies list in Delaware."

The state of scoundrel "corporations."

Mike83 | 11 maggio 2020

Medical safety? Isn't that what Tesla is doing? It seems they have an excellent track record. Automation also is taking over more and more. Have you seen the robots and sheltered areas where no people are allowed for safety. In addition these areas prevent the spread of anything biological.
Many experts seem to be more administrators attempting to look useful but I bet if I took them in a lab they wouldn't be able to count phage plaques of a bacterial virus or how to measure and titer viruses.
It seems we have very dense people running things.
In any case things are just black and white which the politics of this country have become. Very childish.

andy.connor.e | 11 maggio 2020

Some seem to be trying to make the case that if you are not testing, everything else is disregarded.

SamO | 11 maggio 2020

Some seem to be trying to make the case that dissent is wrong. Tesla's brief makes clear that there is simply no basis or authority to block essential business without any explanation. Especially when you are treating other businesses in the exact same category more favorably.

This isn't about medicine or science.

andy.connor.e | 11 maggio 2020

Tesla has data for 3 months of successful operation of a factory without spreading the infection.
Data matters right?

Are we really talking about science?

+1 @Mike83, @SamO

Mike83 | 11 maggio 2020

I posted this on another OP. I stress we must remove the fossil fuel influence from CA. They are not just GOP but people like Moore and democrats sponsored by fossil fuel interests

Mike83 | May 11, 2020
They should have opened months ago. I think it is probably safer to be at Tesla working than goiing to a gas station or grocery store where I see people who don't know how to wear a mask. Tesla has the precautions and proven track record of no virus at the China plant and other facilities.
Stop the fossil fuel politics. I would like to keep Tesla in this state and we must work to fire those fossil fuel paid politicians.

Mike83 | 11 maggio 2020

So this fowl mouth assembly person even blocked a bill to benefit fossil fuel interests putting children's health in jeopardy.

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-elon-musk-ca-assemb...

@Mike. Without knowing the full situation at the Tesla factory vs the medical recommendations in Alameda County it is difficult for anybody to judge who is correct. Personally I trust states like California and New York are doing the right thing based on their overall recommendations and the results they are achieving. I have posted this elsewhere but here is a CNN opinion piece that details the risks of opening up too early. I would personally err on safety vs rushing to open up
https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/11/us/reopening-the-economy-flawed-arguments...

Mike83 | 11 maggio 2020

CNN? sorry but fossil fuel sponsored news are questionable sources.
I would feel safer in the Tesla Factory than going into a grocery store or a gas station.
So ICE makers can work but Tesla(who has proven safety) can't? You are over the top.

SamO | 11 maggio 2020

You’ve been second guessing Musk for weeks now but now admit you don’t know the full situation?

Lulz. Sounds like an endocrinologist who thought he is an epidemiologist.

No SamO. I follow the guidelines of epidemiologists. And indeed I have forgotten more about epidemiology than the collective armchair medical experts on these threads will ever know

Mike83 | 12 maggio 2020

Lack of critical thinking induced by paranoia or a hypochondriac personality can affect beliefs. Hopefully that attitude can change in time.

SCCRENDO | 12 maggio 2020

@Mike. Like with climate change dealing with a pandemic like COVID does require critical thinking based on fact. And the facts are in the wheelhouse of the the public health aspects and not the industrialists or politicians. The MAGA hatter states are not following medical guidelines. But California and New York among others are. Are they always right. No. But this is the best we have in the absence of responsible central government leadership. Elon’s role is to follow the rules and satisfy the authorities that he is taking care of worker safety, If he feels that they are being unreasonable it should be settled in the courts and not by defiance. Defying medical recommendations is usually foolish and Darwin often steps in. Comparison to China and other states in the US is not valid because circumstances And leadership is different. Sorry Mike. You cannot chose to only believe the experts that suit you. ANd I know you are a smart scientist. But I think I know a lot more about epidemiology and public health than your do

Mike83 | 12 maggio 2020

Don't conflate opening the economy with opening the Tesla plant. I have already stated why it is safer than even going to a gas station or grocery store. His track record has been proven months ago. It's the politics influenced by fossil fuel interests(as shown above) that is trying to stop and bad mouth Tesla.

andy.connor.e | 12 maggio 2020

Tesla is actually following the rules, its the Alameda county that is trying to override the rules. Hence the lawsuit.

I actually mean this question seriously and not derogatorily:

Is there scientific evidence/proof that testing is more effective than preventative/precautionary measures at stopping the spread or lowering the risk of contraction?

You need both. And social distancing becomes far more effective if we have testing. Those at lower risk and who are likely immune can return to work more safely. I do not know the right answer in this particular situation but I would defer to the local regulations in a pandemic. This is not about individual rights. Medical recommendations and regulations need to lead the strategy

Mike83 | 12 maggio 2020

You need to stop people gassing up there cars or buying food at gas stations which is much much worse than working in a monitored Tesla factory. How is that working?

SamO | 12 maggio 2020

You most certainly are not an expert epidemiologist. I guarantee you are not board certified. 100% or I will leave these fora.

But even if you were, you would be absolutely wrong on substance.

Tesla was permitted to be open as an essential business. You’ve ignored that fact repeatedly, despite being corrected, repeatedly. Your hatred of Trump has blinkered you so badly that you are accusing long term posters of being Russian bots.

You’ve aligned yourself with the biggest fucking troll to own the “maga hatters”. You are now a Biden rape apologist.

Very sad.

People walking around in my county without masks going in and out of stores acting like the virus doesnt exist is the most devastating thing people can do. That is a result of not practicing preventative measures, in which testing has zero effect on peoples behaviors. I will not be on the front lines supporting enacting marshal law to keep the idiots at home.

A tyrannical government is more of a threat than this virus.

@SamO. You seem to be going downhill fast. Perhaps you should join the MAGA hatters and start yelling at the TV to reduce your frustrations.Your stupid comments are not worthy of a response

On further thought. Why don’t you turn on the TV and listen to the Senate hearings on COVID. There is a risk you could learn something

Mike83 | 12 maggio 2020

A good take on the Fremont factory. Just read it and learn something.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-anti-pandemic-plan-deaf-ears-anti-elon-m...

Tesla-David | 12 maggio 2020

Thanks @Mike83, I find it extremely disingenuous for those critical on this thread to single out Tesla/EM without bothering to examine the relevant facts on how the Shanghai Gigafactory has successfully operated, while remaining silent on the other ICE manufacturers getting a pass and operating or will be operating in near future. Complete hypocrisy! Sick of the EM bashing by seriously deficient lamestream Media.

"A look at the social media feeds from Fremont factory workers paint a much less controversial picture amidst the facility’s reopening as well. Inasmuch as mainstream reports today are running with a narrative that suggests Tesla is forcing employees to catch the virus or perish for the sake of Musk’s pockets, such sentiments do not seem universal for the company’s workforce. Some workers at the factory have noted that they appreciate that work is being resumed, and that the company is indeed following through with its stringent anti-pandemic strategies.

But such a scenario does not paint a narrative that is as compelling as a Machiavellian CEO forcing thousands of employees to perish for his personal profits. If Tesla is simply using a playbook that is tried and tested in Shanghai, and if workers are actually appreciative of the factory’s reopening, the anti-Elon Musk narrative gets lost. If there are no evil CEOs and mass numbers of employees being abused, Tesla’s Fremont facility becomes just a regular car production facility that is reopening its doors after a shutdown: one that is no different than car factories that are already open or are poised to reopen in the coming days. "

Nothing disingenuous on our part. Perhaps you guys should have listened to Fauci unfettered by Trump. Shanghai is not Fremont. We will wait for the courts to decide. But my bias is that the State of California and local counties are acting in the best interest of the workers. It is not clear that Elon puts his workers first. So you guys think that Trump is correct on this one??

SamO | 12 maggio 2020

Feel free to ignore me @SCCROTUM. You've been downhill and almost have hit rock bottom. Your extremism and lack of common sense is offputting and sad.

Why don't you answer @Mike83 or @Tesla-David. Perhaps their logic will pierce your granite-like skull.

I did SamO. You can also read the answer. It’s no different from the one I would give you. You really are a whiny dickhead. You make stupid dogmatic statements and when people don’t agree with you you whine like a kid who had his toy stolen

First hand reports from employees, massive support on social media, and Elon himself leading the reopening against Alameda county's attempted overriding rules, yet media runs with the narrative that Tesla is forcing people to die on behalf of Elons greed. Completely debunk that narrative from citizens who support Tesla, and employees who have already returned to the factory, and all you can talk about is Fauci and Trump. What a shame. Completely disregard the 38 page comprehensive restarting plan, and focus in exclusively on testing.

Maybe thats why no one is taking you seriously.

Sadly wishful thinking and popular thinking does not control pandemics. Following medical principles is more likely to succeed

Pages