Forums

Wonde how many from N.E. Going to VA rally?

Wonde how many from N.E. Going to VA rally?

I live in Bloomfield CT and am thinking of driving down to Williamsburg rally. Wonder if others nearby are? 9Remember the movie "convoy")?

Bruce

PhillyGal | 6 aprile 2016

I'm very seriously considering!

villanovapanman | 6 aprile 2016

We r going. There are over 70 cars signed up now!!! There is going to be a real jam up at the sc's

inconel | 6 aprile 2016

I must have missed the announcement. Link please?

PhillyGal | 6 aprile 2016
KennyB@US-FL | 6 aprile 2016

Not from the NE, but I'm coming up from FL

inconel | 6 aprile 2016

@PhillyGal thanks!
The Kingsmill hotel is sold out but I guess we can book other hotels in vicinity.
But how do we recharge if there are many Teslas and we are doing scenic group drives. How did it work in past events?

Run4Waffles | 7 aprile 2016

Ugh! We can't make it. :(

But I'll put Convoy on the playlist as we run the 200+ mile RAGNAR Cape Cod Relay Race that weekend!

PhillyGal | 7 aprile 2016

@inconel - I haven't been to any past events but I did read that the event registration cost includes some kind of charging so I imagine they are renting equipment. Also, the registration form did ask if you would need to charge, so they seem to be planning for it.

villanovapanman | 7 aprile 2016

We are coming from the Pittsburgh area. There are at lest 2 others from our club making the trip. This is our 1st long trip. Hope it will be fun with no range issues.

PhillyGal | 7 aprile 2016

@villanovapanman - You're going to love driving the MS a long distance. It's honestly a joy!

Pungoteague_Dave | 7 aprile 2016

I live enroute to Williamsburg for many coming from the northeast and will be happy to lend my HPWC to anyone who needs a charge going either direction. This route requires going over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel to Virginia Beach, an experience I highly recommend. It is far more scenic that sticking to the I-95 Supercharger route. You can head south from the Newark charger, get a charge in Salisbury that will take you to the Virginia Beach supercharger, or stop by Pungoteague for a charge and see how an oyster farms works.

Pungoteague_Dave | 7 aprile 2016

We are 76 miles south of the Salisbury Supercharger, and 68 miles North of the Virginia Beach Supercharger, so have fewer visitors from our plugshare listing these days, but welcome all who want to stop by. We are 108 miles from the Kingsmill resort so may "commute" to the event rather than staying overnight.

Half Dollar Bill | 7 aprile 2016

The Kingsmill is going to set up 15-40 outlets for people to use and the Norfolk supercharger isn't around the corner but is close. You won't have to be a guest to use the outlets. Most activities are planned on-site and the event driving isn't one full battery charge. The link has all the info for those considering it. I hope we'll be doing a group picture again this year. Last year we spelled TESLA with the cars, so the more folks that sign up the more options we have.
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/teslaroadtrip-2016-the-future-me...
Above is the TMC link where most of the event traffic has been. This will be my third event and I'm looking forward to many more!

Pungoteague_Dave | 8 aprile 2016

The Norfolk Supercharger (actually Virginia Beach) is exactly 40 miles from Kingsmill, toward the East, and through an epic ongoing tunnel construction project with daily jams, so not a real option unless headed that way.

The event website has no contact information, so I cannot ask anything of the event organizers. Specifically, I see no way to sign up for just the Saturday events. We are driving down from the Eastern Shore of VA for the day, just want to do that day. Is the dinner on Saturday included? The website does not say, just lists it as an event, but does state the Sunday barbecue is included, so is confusing. Might want to add a contact link of some sort to encourage attendance 9-)

Half Dollar Bill | 9 aprile 2016

http://teslaroadtrip.org/registration

Event registration fees are $60 for the first attendee and $35 for each additional attendee.
AN EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT OF $10 PER PERSON ($50/$25) WILL APPLY IF YOU REGISTER & PAY BY MARCH 31.
Your registration fees cover – Event costs, General Liability Insurance*, Rally Numbers, Charging Facilities and the Sunday Picnic BBQ.
The Saturday Reception & Dinner costs are $52 per adult & $28 per child and include all taxes and gratuity.
This is a buffet style dinner and there will be a cash bar.
Early bird registration & payment ends March 31st – Event registration closes April 30th.
First attendee registration fees are fully refundable up to March 31st, additional attendee registration fees are refundable up to April 30th. Reception & Dinner fees are refundable up to May 6th.
Tentative Event Schedule

Friday, May 13th

7:00 PM – 10:00 PM Casual Evening Dinner – Seasons Restaurant, 110 S Henry St, Williamsburg, VA
Saturday, May 14th

9:00 AM – 12:30 PM Event Check-In – Kingsmill
1:00 PM – 1:30 PM Staging for Colonial Parkway Drive
1:30 PM SHARP Departure from staging area
1:30 PM – 2:15 PM Scenic Drive – Colonial Parkway
2:15 PM – 2:45 PM Staging for Yorktown – Yorktown Courthouse
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM Public Interaction Event – Yorktown, VA
5:00 PM – 5:45 PM Return to Kingsmill
5:45 PM – 7:00 PM Free Time
7:00 PM – 10:30 PM Reception & Dinner – Burwell Plantation Ballroom – Kingsmill Resort
. Guest Speakers: Nathan Secco – Tesla Motors Training, Chelsea Sexton
Sunday, May 15th

9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Group Photo
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Rear Lighted Applique V.2 Demo – Rick Hesel – Kingsmill Parking Lot
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Free Time
12:30 PM – 2:30 PM Picnic & BBQ – Kingsmill Pavilion

aaron.s is the overall event coordinator and you can PM him over on TMC.

There's also this link from the General section where he describes the charging options in more detail.
https://forums.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/teslaroadtrip-2016-future-me...

Half Dollar Bill | 9 aprile 2016

It looks like you can register to attend individual events, Dave.