Forums

Big news: Mustang generates 2000 orders in UK, 76 000 worldwide

Big news: Mustang generates 2000 orders in UK, 76 000 worldwide

Have you any idea what 400 000 or a million orders looks like on a global platform/
2000, or 11 months wait list, is newsworthy.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-mustang-is-the-world-s-best-sold-...

TeslaTap.com | 5 settembre 2016

When actually 76,000 cars were registered (i.e. sold) worldwide, not pre orders from January to June 2015. Article is 9 months old so a bit out of date.

TeslaTap.com | 5 settembre 2016

It seems more like non-news and nothing to do with the Model 3. Just another ICE car polluting the world.

ccsccs7 | 5 settembre 2016

“70 percent went for the 416-horsepower 5.0-litre V8 engine, instead of opting for the more fuel-efficient 317-horsepower 2.3-litre EcoBoost powerplant Ford is offering as a less thirsty alternative.”

:-/

jamilworm | 5 settembre 2016

I believe the point that the OP was trying to make is that if people are making a big deal about 2,000 or even 76,000 orders of the mustang, then 400,000 orders of the Model 3 is extra impressive.

David N | 5 settembre 2016

I wasn't sure either on what the OP was trying to convey

Haggy | 5 settembre 2016

If you compare the Model 3 to the Camry, which is the best selling car in the US, the Model 3 still has an impressive list of reservations, but won't overtake Camry. If you look at the sheer number of models that Toyota sells, Tesla doesn't look impressive. Still, nobody would reserve that many Camrys, sight unseen.

Tesla has a long way to go, but model by model, they are far better than people realize. You shouldn't be comparing Model S sales to Leaf sales just because they are both EVs. You need to compare each Tesla model to something in its class, even if it's an ICE for now. And Tesla blows the competition away.

Haggy | 5 settembre 2016

If you compare the Model 3 to the Camry, which is the best selling car in the US, the Model 3 still has an impressive list of reservations, but won't overtake Camry. If you look at the sheer number of models that Toyota sells, Tesla doesn't look impressive. Still, nobody would reserve that many Camrys, sight unseen.

Tesla has a long way to go, but model by model, they are far better than people realize. You shouldn't be comparing Model S sales to Leaf sales just because they are both EVs. You need to compare each Tesla model to something in its class, even if it's an ICE for now. And Tesla blows the competition away.

Ross1 | 6 settembre 2016

Sorry, I tend to want to use less words.
Not like Haggy above, who needs to say it twice :)

@Jamil got it right:
jamilworm | September 5, 2016
I believe the point that the OP was trying to make is that if people are making a big deal about 2,000 or even 76,000 orders of the mustang, then 400,000 orders of the Model 3 is extra impressive.

David N | September 5, 2016
I wasn't sure either on what the OP was trying to convey