Forums

Repetitive Outliers with a long history

Repetitive Outliers with a long history

There are a handful of members who continually contribute positively to threads purely with their generous personal time to make this world a better place. They constantly post useful information and help other make correct decisions. These forum members have behaved in this manner for many posts. Their sole purpose in posting is to make these forums a constant source of reading pleasure. We will call them the Outliers.
I have expended a lot of time reading their posts and have learned a lot, but since they have no self interest, they never bragged about their added value to these forums. If you want to give them the honor they deserve, here is the time to act.
I will keep a count of all the votes of the members here. Each member can vote once. Each member can vote for a maximum of 3 members.
The member with the most votes will receive a $500 Grand Prize, 2nd place member will receive $250 and third place will receive $100.
Expect that this thread will be flagged and deleted by the trolls who do not receive any votes, and will never be recreated by myself, ever.
If you want to help with the votes count, you can copy paste the total votes count posted by the member before you and you can add the names in alphabetic order and update the 3 votes in your next post. I will keep an eye on the total count and update regularly when I have time to. The Prizes will be rewarded on the 1st of July 2017 via Paypal, e-mail transfer, interac, check or whatever each Outlier prefer. A donation amount to a Charity of the Outlier's choice can also be arranged. Of course, by definition, an Outlier cannot vote for himself. Good luck.

Name: number of votes

AIMc: 0
Bighorn: 9
bigd:0
Captain_Zap: 1
DTsea: 0
EVRider (Roofless): 0
georgehawley.fl.us: 0
Goose: 0
Haggy: 3
hammer @OR-US: 1
J.T.: 2
JayInJapan: 0
JeffreyR: 1
johndoeeyed: 0
KP in NPT: 0
lilbean: 2
lolachampcar: 3
mntlvr23: 0
MitchP85D: 0
Nickjhowe : 1
NKYTA
PBEndo: 0
PD (gasp!): 0
PhillyGal: 0
Red Sage ca us: 3
RedShift: 0
Rocky_H: 1
rxlawdude: 1
SamO: 0
SbMD: 0
SCCRENDO: 0
SilverP85plus: 0
TeslaTap: 4
trixiew: 0
VolkerBerlin: 1

Votes details

mntlvr23 votes go to Red Sage ca us, Haggy and JefferyR. May 27, 2017
DTsea votes go to bighorn, red sage and lilbean. May 27, 2017
bigd votes go to bighorn, red sage and lilbean. May 27, 2017
georgehawley.fl.us votes go to J.T. and Bighorn | May 28, 2017
.T. votes go to TeslaTap, Bighorn and lolachampcar | May 28, 2017
SilverP85plus votes go to Haggy, hammer, rx | May 28, 2017
NKYTA votes go to VolkerBerlin and Nickjhowe | May 28, 2017
ReD eXiLe ms us votes go to Bighorn, Haggy and Rocky_H | May 28, 2017
AlMc votes go to JT, Bighorn and Lola | May 28, 2017
hammer @OR-US votes go to TeslasTap, Lola and Bighorn | May 29, 2017
KP in NPT vote to Bighorn | May 29, 2017
222 votes go to bighorn, teslatap, cap_zap | May 29, 2017
Haggy vote to Tap | May 29, 2017

SbMD
"I'll pitch an alternative to you and see what you think, EVolution: you pick 3 charities and we vote to see which one has the greatest resonance with the group. You pick which one you you think merits the donation based on the votes. If anyone else feels so inclined, they may join with their own donation. It puts the focus on the good that you want to do, and thank you for that."

List of suggested charities:
1) Cystic Fibrosis
2) ACLU
3) IRAP

Members who opt in for donations / Amount of donation

lilbean | 27 maggio 2017

That's cool, EVolution! Thanks! :-)

DTsea | 27 maggio 2017

I am super honored to be on your list! Wow!

I vote for bighorn. And red sage.

And of course the awesome lilbean.

mntlvr23 | 27 maggio 2017

@EV - great post, and very generous (but do recheck your list, as you have many names up there twice)

mntlvr23 | 27 maggio 2017

I am giving this a lot of thought, and the decision is hard.

I am going to give one of my votes to Red Sage - although he is sometimes a bit loquacious and other times a bit over the top - he gets a vote.

My second and third votes is for people who are not on the list, and perhaps should be: Haggy and JefferyR. If you add them to the list, great - if not, I have wasted my votes and I am fine with that.

(in any case, the two stinkin' tesla hats that I am giving away do not hold a candle to your $850 - so I might have to up my game ;)

bigd | 27 maggio 2017

I agree with DTsea | May 27, 2017
"I am super honored to be on your list! Wow!
I vote for bighorn. And red sage.
And of course the awesome lilbean."

georgehawley.fl.us | 28 maggio 2017

J.T. and Bighorn get two of my votes.
Where is NKYTA?
Why are some people on the list more than once?
Where is johndoeeyed?

J.T. | 28 maggio 2017

Thanks for the mention, and even though I've made my share of contributions with the original FAQ now the Owners Manual Companion I would have to defer to guys like TeslaTap, Bighorn and lolachampcar (though recently absent) as people who have gone the extra mile (pun intended) to explain our cars to us under all sorts of conditions. TeslaTap's work in unraveling (pun intended) the wiring in order to install cameras and recorders, lola's explanations of camber and all things suspension have helped numerous owners when making tire decisions and uncovering hard to pinpoint vibrations. And Bighorn's vast knowledge of almost everything is a sound source of information as he doesn't write it if he doesn't know it to be true.

Put them in a hat, pick 1,2,3 and whatever order they come out will be fair.

Silver2K | 28 maggio 2017

based on most useful information I've learned and most pleasant to converse with, without bragging as part of the conversation.

Haggy!!
hammer
rx

honorable mentions who are also very informative and pleasant to converse with
bean
SamO
redshift
kp
DTsea
and the rest on the list.

lolachampcar is THE most informative and respectful and honest person on here. He is THE reason I bought a Tesla.

lilbean | 28 maggio 2017

george, I think the list was derived from someone's hall of fame list. That's why everybody is not on there.
I've had pleasant interactions with everyone on the list. It's hard to choose.

I just realized that bean! I'm #7 again! son of a... :)

lilbean | 28 maggio 2017

Haha!

@lilbean is #14 AND #23!

I must be an out-liar...

NKYTA | 28 maggio 2017

VolkerBerlin
Nickjhowe

For us early owners, those two stand head and shoulders above.

Missing mentions in no particular order:

Captain_Zap
PBEndo
TeslaTap
JeffreyR
EVRider (Roofless)
AIMc
PhillyGal
PD (gasp!)
trixiew
georgehawley
JayInJapan

Bighorn | 28 maggio 2017

@Evolution
Thanks for trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear:) Not a fan of popularity contests nor letting johndoe be the arbiter of trolldom or whatever the corollary is. Lots of friends on the list and many who are deserving and are not, so I can't pick just 3. If I do end up in the final three, I'm happy to share a local charity that is actively fundraising though. Disclaimer: my wife is in charge of reaching the current building fund goal.

AlMc | 28 maggio 2017

I vote for all those mentioned. Difficulty to single out one or two as I feel that many contribute.

Give the money to @Mrs. Bighorn's Charity and declare all those mentioned 'winners'

SamO | 28 maggio 2017

Yea . . . everyone gets a trophy ;-)

lilbean | 28 maggio 2017

Haha!

RedShift | 28 maggio 2017

Bighorn. Lolachampcar. PD. Silverp85+. SamO. lilbean. NickJhowe. VolkerBerlin. TeslaTap. NYKTA. JT. Oh hell, most everyone I interact with!

SbMD | 28 maggio 2017

Honored to be on the list and all deserve a round of applause and my vote. Many others, as mentioned, are not in the list and would deserve to be.

I'll pitch an alternative to you and see what you think, EVolution: you pick 3 charities and we vote to see which one has the greatest resonance with the group. You pick which one you you think merits the donation based on the votes. If anyone else feels so inclined, they may join with their own donation. It puts the focus on the good that you want to do, and thank you for that.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 28 maggio 2017

Yeah. My first vote is for Bighorn. My other two would probably be Haggy and Rocky_H. Very honorable mentions to guys like shop, Roamer, TeslaTap, J.T., JeffreyR, jordanrichard, Lolachampcar, NickJhowe, sbeggs, and SamO. Bonus points to Brian H, Pungoteague Dave, Grinnin' Ron, and President georgehawley. Special thanks to Björn Nyland and IslandBayy.

By the way...? I am just some guy on the internet formerly known as 'Red Sage ca us', but I have moved away from California to help Family.

mntlvr23 | 28 maggio 2017

If the similar name didn't give it away, the frequent use of "whatsoever" did, lol

rxlawdude | 28 maggio 2017

Quoting Marx (Groucho, not Karl), "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." :-)

SamO | 28 maggio 2017

I hope your move doesn't delay delivery of your Model 3, ReD

Maxxer | 28 maggio 2017

Here, I added the names of the members who received votes. The first list was not exhaustive and any other new votes of members not listed will get that name listed. I listed in alphabetic order so it's easier to find the names.

mntlvr23 | 28 maggio 2017

Please take my name off of the list. I am not an owner and have no special information to share and do not merit any votes.

I only give away things and fight trolls

SCCRENDO | 28 maggio 2017

@mntlvr23. Are you a Model 3 reservation holder? If so go ahead and vote.

@ReD: You are now closer to FL. You are getting warmer.

What could be better than crowd funding a charity or two from this Forum?

Memorial Day give you any idea So?

Idea So = autocorrect for ideas. Go figure.

charity suggestion: Cystic Fibrosis

Sis-in law died from it, her twin is still alive and also has CF, nephew has it and my wife's brother died as an infant 1 week after birth from CF

SCCRENDO | 28 maggio 2017

Charity suggestions.
ACLU
IRAP
Any environmental organization
LGBTQ
Team in Training
Democratic Party

AlMc | 28 maggio 2017

If I must vote according to the rules set by the OP: In no order
JT, Bighorn and Lola

AlMc | 28 maggio 2017

@NKYTA: Thanks for your suggestion of my inclusion on the list but as "Wayne" would say in 'Wayne's World': *I am unworthy' and I ask the OP remove me from the list.

Thanks

GHammer | 29 maggio 2017

I think everybody on johndoebrain's list should get an honorable mention. It is hard to narrow down since almost everything I know and share has come from someone on this board who came before me. But if I have to narrow it down to three it would be in no particular order.
TeslasTap for his amalgamation and dissemination of technical aspects.
Lola for his input on performance and suspension
Bighorn, it is he who has inspired me to be a confident road tripper and is the reason I am typing this from the middle of nowhere in Mcdermitt Nevada.

KP in NPT | 29 maggio 2017

I give my 3 votes to Bighorn. He's always right.

222 | 29 maggio 2017

bighorn, teslatap, cap_zap

Haggy | 29 maggio 2017

I'd vote for myself but I'm not sure that my own posts help me at all. So I'll vote for Tap, whose count is too low. I can think of others, but then my list becomes too long.

Maxxer | 30 maggio 2017

@johndoeeyed

you can't for yourself.

johndoeeyed | 30 maggio 2017

@EVolution
I would not bother