Forums

Wives, Please tell us the truth.

Wives, Please tell us the truth.

When you said yes to the ring with the big rock or three on them, were you thinking...

a) This is the happiest day of my life!

b) What took the forker so long!

c) Can I get a magnifying glass?

d) Poor b@stard thought he was going get more. Now I've got him by the balls...

e) Some combination or all of the above.

PS - There might be a class action lawsuit pending the overwhelming responses expected..

Tropopause | 16 settembre 2017

Wives are like Tesla's. You just have to pull the trigger when the right one with the right options comes along. Just know there will be better ones coming soon so don't second guess or look back upon your choice. Make a decision and stick with it!

Captain_Zap | 16 settembre 2017

b

carlk | 16 settembre 2017

Ladies this is a trap. Never let guys know what you think.

BellevueWAModelS | 16 settembre 2017

@Matthew98 - Since we all know you are attempting to turn a valid discussion into a joke I will entertain you and give you a response.

Interesting you have to keep bringing your wife and marriage into discussions. Trying to laugh but sorry it is just not that funny.

SbMD | 16 settembre 2017

Sorry, but all of your responses pale in comparison to @CZ, who wins the internet for the day with a single letter.

@Bellvue - Lighten up. Seriously. Your query in the other thread is not nearly as crucial and critical as you make it seem.

Mathew98 | 16 settembre 2017

@BellevueWAModelS - Normally I would be among the first to welcome new owners. Since you came out swinging, I will make an exception for ya.

I am paraphrasing here.

No one forced you to read anything here. If you don't like it then move along.

I've been with my wife for 30 years. I won't ask if you were marriage material. But in case you're taken, condolences to your wife.

Life is short, drive your Tesla and be happy. There's no needs to put your panties in a tide wad.

@SbMD - Just having too much fun on this Forum :) I blame it on my Boston upbringing :):)

Jabs left and right you know...

Funny to see people still hanging onto " Class Action" and other phrases, and did not realize that would make such an impact. :)

It is a beautiful Saturday.!

@Matthew - "I won't ask if you were marriage material. But in case you're taken, condolences to your wife."

Aren't you taking this a little too far? just sayin..

Is it? Don't bring up any subjects that you are not comfortable discussing...

I will stop the ripping before I hurt your feelings any further.

kerryglittle | 16 settembre 2017

I have been married three times. I now introduce my current wife as my last wife. She gives a good eye roll. LOL.
She's a keeper though. Loves cars and motorcycles like I do. Can drive a stick better than most men. Was kinda sad when I sold my 911 Porsche because she loved the revs and the sound. Definitely doesn't need a magnifying glass for her rock, ha ha.

no harm done..

Truce?

you are right.. life is short

@kerryglittle - Ya better load a few mp3 track recordings of those V12 roars into your MS. Otherwise, she might put on chaps and ride off with Arnold S...

KP in NPT | 16 settembre 2017

It's all a trap. Today is our anniversary BTW.

barrykmd | 16 settembre 2017

Tropo - Wives are not like Teslas (without the apostrophe) at all. While their purchase price isn't bad, the trade-in price is way higher than their value!

SbMD | 16 settembre 2017

@Bellevue - good to see you "lighten up" :)
Certainly, anyone can post what they want, but things that are inflammatory by design or accident will garner more than a fair bit of flaming here. But you already know that :)

SbMD | 16 settembre 2017

Happy Anniversary, @KP!

Thanks, Sb! Today I made him take me out on the boat I cajoled him to buy. This evening he's taking me to the socially expected expensive dinner, and we will drive there in the Tesla I tricked him into getting. (by suggesting he take a test drive.) 

Your honor, can I treat @KP as a hostile witness. She refused to answer the question.

EESROCK | 16 settembre 2017

I did think "Finally!", and another thought was "Umm, where's the ring?". I didn't receive a ring from my boyfriend at the time of the proposal (on a hot air balloon ride), but I knew he was the one, and 25 years later I know I made the right choice! (I did receive the ring a few weeks later at a restaurant)

SbMD | 16 settembre 2017

If you cajole a man into buying a boat and trick him into buying a Tesla, you may be better described as an "enabler" :)

Have a great evening!

Oh sorry, counselor.

the answer is A. Of course. ;-)

I knew you couldn't be from Bellevue! We are more passive-aggressive in these parts.

Been living here for 14 years but originally from Beantown. True about passive-aggressive here :)

SbMD | 16 settembre 2017

As a Beantown citizen myself, I can certainly see how that might come to be :)

sbeggs | 16 settembre 2017

@Mathew98,
Sex.
Love of cars.
Foreign travel
Fine food and wine.
Everything we do, we do together. Well, almost everything.
We knew it was forever when the new distributor for the 1966 Mustang convertible slipped easily into position, the first time.
So we went to Crete and found a simple gold band, not a rock, which I don't care for.
Only marriage problem is, one of us talks too much!
So the other one writes.

sbeggs | 16 settembre 2017

Happy Anniversary, @KP!

@sbeggs - I'd only be concerned if you didn't do the first item together...

SbMD | 16 settembre 2017

@sbeggs, having a flashback to the great conversation and stories you and your husband told me at lunch in SD a few months back :)

SbMD | 16 settembre 2017

To be clear, the first item was not a part of the conversation!

Bighorn | 16 settembre 2017

Chickawawa!

akikiki | 16 settembre 2017

My pappy used to say that marriage is a three ring circus.
Engagement Ring.
Wedding Ring
Suffer Ring

barrykmd- No apostrophe! I can see that now. Thank you.

Bellevue- Much better when we all relax and enjoy together.

KP- Your husband is a lucky guy! Congrats!

Mathew- 30 years AND a real doll! ;)

SbMD - now only if the Pats find that D..:) We'll see tomorrow.

Tropopause - True :)

@Tropo
Real Doll is capitalized:)

Captain-Zap - In Medina, where I am , many foreigners moving in though... that might change.. :)

BH,

Pun or play on words?

Mathew's wife is a real doll.

Mathew has a Real Doll.

Silver2K | 16 settembre 2017

Enough with the smiley faces, it's gonna make me girl!

Happy Anniversary KP and Mr. KP!!

The latter--he says it's for the HOV lane.

Silver2K | 16 settembre 2017

Girl/Hurl

Screw you Samsung!

Silver,

You and lilbean can wear your prom dresses.:) :) :)

Hope you are having a great Anniversary KP.! and many more!

@Tropopause - At least you're not confused between an unwilling wife vs. unwilling mistress!

For the record, there's still a deficit in the GoFudgeMyself account to acquire a Real Doll for the (cough, cough) HOV lane purpose.

Mathew,

As a Tesla owner, aren't you entitled to single occupant HOV lane access? Or is that just in CA?

@Tropo
Also in GA without any special tags, IIRC

@Bellevue

I lived in Bellevue back when a 20-something could afford a ground floor waterfront condo on Meydenbauer Bay and you really could pass someone on the freeway. I moved further east ages ago to get away from the growth. It is catching up with me. My roommate in college was from Clyde Hill. I had a BF a long time ago that was from Medina. At that time his folks just sold some of their property to Bill Gates for his estate. I miss Bellevue... the old one that is. We used to be able to walk to a small family owned blues club on the weekends. I won't go to the new Bellevue anymore. It lost its character and the population density poorly managed.

Thanks Bighorn. You always give me good info!

@Captain

That's awesome.. Been visiting this area the early 90's but just got here before the big growth explosion. RE market out of control. Meydenbauer has changed a lot. My kids just got done with their sailing camp there and much construction going on.. You did the right thing moving east! :) Kids have to finish up Bellevue Schools..so I am stuck for now.
Soon with the rail it will be very different again.
I only get to see the expansion of Gates house from the boat.. it is quite bigger than it looks.
Cheers.

@Captain - do we get HOV usage here in WA?

@Tropopause - Works great for any one state. But it's a problem if I commute to a second state and visit Aurora, Destiny, and @tes-s in a third state.

I only need to travel 10 miles to go to a different state in opposing directions.

@Bellevue

We won't get it here. Olympia is convinced that HOV is now for the purpose of reducing congestion. That isn't how it started.

See you out on the water. I'm the one holding the bow line at the locks and cursing because we have to hold the line for 3 more boats that are rafted to us. We always get stuck with the large lock. Either that, or, we are at anchor in Andrews Bay and we have to wait for the other 20+ boats that are rafted to us to leave so we can pull up our anchor. We set a new personal record of a 28 boat raft over Labor Day weekend.

Pages