Forums

The Act of Political Theater 45 Deserves

The Act of Political Theater 45 Deserves

“What I did, I would like to compare to what Jesus did when he went into the temple and overturned the tables of the moneychangers, who were exploiting the people financially in the name of religion. I feel like that’s what the GOP has done to the American people. In the long run, if we don’t do stuff like this, what are we going to have left? The thing I live by is a rule of transparency and I was exercising my First Amendment rights. A few years ago when Citizen's United said that corporations are persons and money equals free speech, that is so absurd and my rule of thumb is now that if corporations are free speech, then so is horseshit. If the GOP can fleece the American people in such a brazen fashion, we must call it out in such a brazen fashion.

Inside the gift-wrapped package was fresh horse manure. Attached was a card that said:

To Stevie Mrs. Menuchin & Trump, We're returning the ‘gift’ of the Christmas tax bill. It’s bull shit. Warmest wishes, the American people. PS-Kiss Donald for me. - @RobertStrong13

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2017/12/man-who-left-manure-at-treas...

Anyone see any problem other than using horse shit in place of bull shit?

quinney | 26 dicembre 2017

The box was too small.

SamO | 26 dicembre 2017

lol

KP in NPT | 27 dicembre 2017

Not all heroes wear capes. ;-)

Bull shit is not as nicely formed as horse shit. Though I suppose cow patties could have also sent a similar message.

Should_I | 27 dicembre 2017

You should put half the effort you do into blind hate into actually learning about something. Even Jimmy Carter and Alan Dershowits can admit the President is be being treated fairly by the media.

Yes the tax cuts on the surface benefit the rich more than those who don't actually pay anything meaningful in taxes. You can't reduce someone's tax burden when they don't have one. As we are seeing though companies are giving bonuses and raising internal minimum wages and not all of them are going for press on that. My wife's employer is and it is a company too small to get national attention.
Rich folks provide me opportunity to make a good living

Tesla-David | 27 dicembre 2017

I think the gesture was entirely appropriate, except I agree with @quinney, he should have used a larger box.

hahaahahahahaha

Wow. The middle class don't pay anything meaningful in taxes? mmmkay.

The sad thing is, when this "tax cut" phases out in 10 years, the idiots with the short attention spans will blame democrats.

SCCRENDO | 27 dicembre 2017

@Should_I. if the middle class don't pay anything meaningful in taxes why don't we just not collect taxes from the middle class??? We could then simplify their tax returns and file it on a postcard. The postcard could read "I am middle class so no taxes to be paid. Thank you Santa Donald fro the Merry Christmas gift."

SamO | 27 dicembre 2017

If Jimmy Carter "admits the President is be being treated fairly by the media" then I will 100% agree with him.

100% fair.

Garcon, bring me a stack of boxes, halfway to heaven . . . and don't forget the horses.

David N | 27 dicembre 2017

What is the definition of “Middle Class”?
Is this written down somewhere?
Is middle class in NY city, or Silicon Valley different than middle class in Columbus Ohio? Topeka Kansas? Pittsburg PA?
Who defines it? How is it defined?
I can’t help but feel that people (mostly politicians) like to use that term because most Americans feel it relates to themselves.
Wasn’t the American revolution started partly because of the constant taxation increase by the Crown?
Thoughts?

carlk | 27 dicembre 2017

Thirty or forty years ago a young man just graduated from the high school could go join his father and uncles to work in the factory and earn a very decent wage to become a middle class right away. Today you need at the very minimal a college engineering degree to be one. During the same decades China's middle class grew rapidly and, although with a different standard, has surpassed that of the US. Any correlations? You'd be the judge.

Remnant | 27 dicembre 2017

@SamO (OP, December 26, 2017)

<< The Act of Political Theater 45 Deserves. ... To Stevie Mrs. Menuchin & Trump, ... Inside the gift-wrapped package was fresh horse manure [and] a card that said: We're returning the ‘gift’ of the Christmas tax bill. It’s bull shit. >>

You're certainly the Shit Mouth champion of these Fora and a loadful of nauseating hate-reeking puke. Your posts are among the most abhorrent and degrading around and nothing we'd miss if they stopped. Go away, SaSoT ... !!!

SamO | 27 dicembre 2017

"I would like to compare to what Jesus did when he went into the temple and overturned the tables of the moneychangers, who were exploiting the people financially in the name of religion."

Ooh look at Remnant the dingleberry of the internet preaching to SamO - I think that's called kettle meeting pot.

SCCRENDO | 27 dicembre 2017

@KP. Please dont be so hard on the Remnant.At some point in life he may have had a brain. But unfortunately he is now a mere brain remnant

NoMoPetrol | 28 dicembre 2017

@DavidN "...Wasn’t the American revolution started partly because of the constant taxation increase by the Crown?..."

The 18th century colonists were revolting because of unfair taxation without representation. Today we have unfair taxation WITH representation.

Whose plight is worse?

SamO | 28 dicembre 2017

@KP,

I can't read what he wrote since he's blocked, but I'm sure it was complimentary. ;-)

What the fcuk does "middle class" have to do with anything? LOL

As to why this matters to Tesla . . . or deserve to be in a "General" thread . . .who knows?

But a heard a rumor that Elon Musk was going to offer to send 45 to be "King" of Mars. 100% in charge of everything and everyone. Maybe his best chance to avoid bankruptcy and jail. *

*Spacesuit not included

SCCRENDO | 28 dicembre 2017

@sam0. This is the word salad that you lost out on by blocking the Brain_Remnant.
"@SamO (OP, December 26, 2017)

<< The Act of Political Theater 45 Deserves. ... To Stevie Mrs. Menuchin & Trump, ... Inside the gift-wrapped package was fresh horse manure [and] a card that said: We're returning the ‘gift’ of the Christmas tax bill. It’s bull shit. >>

You're certainly the Shit Mouth champion of these Fora and a loadful of nauseating hate-reeking puke. Your posts are among the most abhorrent and degrading around and nothing we'd miss if they stopped. Go away, SaSoT ... !!!"

SamO | 28 dicembre 2017

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha lolololol . (sigh)

that was amazing.

@Remnant,

Zombies are looking for brains. Don't worry. You're safe.

NKYTA | 28 dicembre 2017

I’m wondering if Remnant and Should_I were at Mar a Lago when he said to the top 2%, haha, the joke is on the middle class, I’ll, make you guys rich, in a big way.

Sigh.

Tesla2018 | 29 dicembre 2017

Do you guys even know any of Trumps friends or members of Mar a Lago? If not please shut up. Im just a poor smuck but I live around Palm Beach and have a lot of rich friends that know him. Granted most of them have more money than God but arent getting involved to get richer. Trumps fathers friend told me that Donald thought that he wouldnt be able to stay at Mar a Lago after he got elected due to security concerns. Another mutual acquaintance is a billionaire recluse who hates publicity but wants to fix things for veterans. They realize the country is screwed up and want to fix it and are making a lot of personal sacrifices to do so.
They dont need any more money but everyone thinks they are greedy and out to screw them over. They want to bring jobs back to the US and stop having foreign countries take advantage of us.

vondes | 23 marzo 2018

Can we use https://mobile-phone-tracker.org/ mobile recorder on Android for that?

SCCRENDO | 23 marzo 2018

Hey Vondes. You are an idiot spammer. Flagged!!!!!!

Tesla-David | 23 marzo 2018

Wow, sorry I missed this earlier, @SamO your posts are always worthwhile and spot on in nailing the issue. Thanks for sharing. Drumpf is beyond disgusting and now with his selection of Bolt, I fear the worse for the future with his idiot selection, especially regarding North Korea and Iran.

SCCRENDO | 23 marzo 2018

David Dennison is beginning to fly off the rails. Potential impeachment is close, accompanied by orange jump suits for family and friends. While I have never been enamored by his cabinet choices he has dumped them for real losers. He is losing his controllers. He is getting us into trade wars and probably military wars. Impeachment cannot come soon enough. Time for those Republican lapdogs to grow a spine.

dmm1240 | 23 marzo 2018

What 45’s show deserves is cancellation.