Forums

Hang Out Thread

Hang Out Thread

This is the official BS hang out thread :) There are times you just want to talk, or say what is up, or just connect with other X owners on a level other than just the X. We used to do this on Silvers Referral thread, but that got flagged away, and I miss my space to BS with others and have some fun.

So come and enjoy and share your fun times with us all.

If there are several that think this is wasting space, please speak up and we can discuss removing it too. I don't want to create a problem with others that feel it should not be here, but as there are not 20 new posts each day on this X side (at least not yet) I didn't see the harm of having a hang out post.

Again, please if you think this should disappear, I will delete it. I just miss having places to not detract from others posts but yet connect with other owners and have fun :)

Vawlkus | 8 gennaio 2019

Blah!
Someone bring me my cane to shake at alla whippersnappers infesting mah lawn! :P

lilbean | 10 gennaio 2019

Time to sell my house. :(
http://www.924belair.com

jjgunn | 10 gennaio 2019

Buy a 2020 Roadster.

Triggerplz | 11 gennaio 2019

It’s payback time for the Underdog Eagles at New Orleans for running the score up

burdogg | 11 gennaio 2019

ha bean - if that is your house - when you sell, think of us little guys who are your friends...I am sure you would share just a measly 1 mill with me :)

Triggerplz - As a UofA grad I am completely behind your eagles :) Can you imagine the stories and history that Foles would make?? Backup quarterback saves 2 seasons in a row and wins Superbowl back to back! When in history would that ever be said - let alone the backup one time doing it...but coming in late both seasons...this one even more dire than last one...and winning the superbowl BOTH times! I would love that story to unfold.

lilbean | 11 gennaio 2019

Burdogg, haha! It's the minecraft creator's house, the most expensive house on earth.

jimglas | 11 gennaio 2019

I want the helicopter

lilbean | 11 gennaio 2019

Me too

@burdogg the Eagles are 8 points underdog but I’ll be rooting for them, good payday for Foles in the playoffs he gets a $500.000 bonus for starting and another $500.000 if the Eagles Win.. Doing the regular season the bonus was $250.000 for each start and another $250.000 for each win, plus he gets a one million bonus if he takes 33% of the snaps this year when he went out at the end of the Washington game he was 4 snaps from that bonus Eagles say they gonna give it to him anyway. He’s scheduled to make 20 million next year so this will be his last year with the Eagles.. The Eagles will have to pay Wentz next season too and you can’t have a backup QB making 20 Million. I wouldn’t be surprised if some team offer him 25 to 30 million next season.. Win or lose he’s going to have a Happy Ending

jimglas | 11 gennaio 2019

The broncos could use a good QB

Yep them and about 3 or 4 other teams

AZ?? :)

To think - he was about to hang it up, retire and call it good...If it was me - and I managed to do what he has done and then if he won the superbowl again...I would retire - call it a good payday, time to focus on family and enjoy the rest of my life - but that is me...Go out on top happy :)

Sounds good to just retire but he’s not leaving 25 or 30 Million on the table he was born at night not last night :-)

Solarman004 | 15 gennaio 2019

I officially own a unicorn:. A discontinued MX 75D, in discontinued basic white.
Last night, I opened the frunk and rainbows came out.

burdogg | 15 gennaio 2019

Solarman004 - Yeah I have owned a unicorn Model S for some time - it is kind of fun. I have a 70D (which 70's where only made for what, a year or so?); a yacht floor; the original nose cone; the Grey leather seats...Yeah, it is a pretty awesome unicorn (oh AP 1.0 :)

I think that is all the unicorns for my one car :) Grey leather seats and the Yacht floor are fantastic...Many of us yacht floor owners do not want to give that thing up - the open space it gives and ability to put bigger items there...it is nice...but we do miss out on cup holders in a better position.

Anyway - unicorns are fun :)

burdogg | 15 gennaio 2019

OH, and maybe even alcantara - I am not sure if that comes on the S anymore - I know the X it doesn't.

Solarman004 | 16 gennaio 2019

burdogg, the only thing you're missing is Green Metallic paint!

Silver2K | 16 gennaio 2019

Ck, sorry I'm a Jets fan, but chiefs are my backup :)

Silver2K | 16 gennaio 2019

Trig, foles played for the Rams and was awful. I don't think someone will give him big money. He seems to excel in Philly only

Triggerplz | 16 gennaio 2019

Silver there’s gonna be multiple teams after Foles especially since they won’t have to give up anything to get him. Teams offered draft picks for him this past year which the Eagles turned down and now they can get him without giving up nothing . He’s gonna be the top free agent this year

Triggerplz | 16 gennaio 2019

Before Sean McVay The Rams whole team was a total mess you can’t blame Foles for that, Rams could of had Tom Brady and Joe Montana as the QB and that team still woulda been mess

Solarman004 | 16 gennaio 2019

I had out my Eagles pillow, blanket and hoodie. I think they lost because I didn't wear my Eagles wool hat during the game.
Or, this could just be the start of another 49 years of them crushing my soul.

Silver2K | 19 gennaio 2019

Triggerplz, oh now we're just conveniently going to blame everyone else but Foles!?!?

Solarman004, eagles undies or go home!

Triggerplz | 19 gennaio 2019

Blame Foles for what???

Triggerplz | 19 gennaio 2019

Blame Foles for what???

burdogg | 19 gennaio 2019

you can say that a...oh nevermind - you already did.

Triggerplz | 20 gennaio 2019

Oops

Solarman004 | 24 gennaio 2019

Well, 3 down and 1 to go. I just had my 37,500 inspection on the MX yesterday. I'm definitely going for the extended warranty, but am going to wait until 49,999 miles to buy it.
This was boring as usual. I had no issues to raise again and even felt bad that they washed off a thick layer of road salt from our CO blizzard on Tuesday.
I'm going to be even more bored with maintenance on the M3. I just found out yesterday at the service center that it is on a 25,000 mi maintenance schedule, not 12,500.

jjgunn | 24 gennaio 2019

Hey @solarman004

Do your self-presenting doors on the X still work ok? Mine stopped working like a week ago. Even worse is I cannot open the passenger door until I open the drovers door first.

DEFINITELY bringing it in - just wondering if others are experiencing this issue?

Solarman004 | 25 gennaio 2019

jjgunn, I believe self-presenting doors only came with the premium package in 2016. We didn't get this so I don't have this feature. Personal preference, but I don't think I would use it anyway. I remember a cringeworthy video on the TMC forum a few years ago of a MX door that autopresented on a city street right in front of a truck that took out the door.

Silver2K | 25 gennaio 2019

Triggerplz | January 19, 2019
Blame Foles for what???
--------------
When?

ckcland2 | 25 gennaio 2019

@silver - whats up with your new coachs eyes?

jjgunn | 25 gennaio 2019

All the boys think she's a spy, she's got Adam Gase's eyes

ckcland2 | 25 gennaio 2019

^^^ :)

Haha!

He's got his eyes on you!

Think DiNero in meet the fockers

Or DeNiro

C_DeArco | 17 aprile 2019

Model X VS Escalade/Expedition. Hello all. Currently own Model 3, looking to get vehicle for wife and first child. Want something that is quite room inside the mid section. Cannot see/test a Model X because closest place is 4-5 hours away. Is the Model X roomy enough for someone who is 6ft to sit comfortably in the middle. What about 3rd row? Looking into the 6 Seat combo. White with Black interior. P100 D to be exact. Want to spend around 80-90k OTD. We also wondering if taking a trip once every 2-3 years will be more difficult because of having to stop and charge every 3-4 hours. However i've heard that having 2 kids ages 2-5 means we will stop that often regardless so maybe that won't matter.

Anyways should I go with Model X? Or are those not very roomy. I know the Expedition can handle an adult in the 3rd row which is very rare. I would also like to have a flip down screen in at minimum the 2nd row. That is a MUST these days. TY for your time.

jjgunn | 17 aprile 2019

@Christian.dearco
Is the Model X roomy enough for someone who is 6ft to sit comfortably in the middle
------------
In my 7-seater....I just had a 6'1" guy in the middle seat, middle row last night - 5'11" guy on right side & 6'3" guy on left side. Definitely roomy enough but probably not for a cross country trip with 3 dudes in the middle row. LOL

6-seater is fine for 4 adults - the last row is kinda small only for medium or less sized adults

Escalade / Expedition might have a little more room inside (don't know exact measurements.) but Model X is very roomy especially 6 seater for 4 adults

jimglas | 17 aprile 2019

My model x six seater has comfortably transported 6 adults over 6ft
Lots of room and comfy

Triggerplz | 17 aprile 2019

WOW Hangout thread is back
I’m 6’4 and very comfortable in my X I have a 6 seater, I’ve never had anyone ride in the third row. It would be plenty tight for me back there but it’s ok for kids

jimglas | 17 aprile 2019

no complaints from 3rd row passengers
(my wifes brothers are giants, 6-4 and 6-5)
they did squeal a bit when I floored it

C_DeArco | 17 aprile 2019

Thank you for that info. Helps a lot. Any idea what I should be paying for a lightly used 100D, 6 seater, with under 10k miles and the large 22 Black wheels.

I am finding them for 105-110K however since the price drop from Tesla the New ones with those specs go for 106k lol. So did these people not get the memo or its just too soon and they haven't heard the bad news yet?

jjgunn | 17 aprile 2019

$105k-$110k sounds about right.

Vawlkus | 18 aprile 2019

My brother in law and I are both in the 6’ 2”, 6’ 3” range and we’ve both sat for trips in the third row. I don’t recommend doing that with the 7 seater, the space between the seats in the 6 seater lets you stretch out a little in the third row.

burdogg | 18 aprile 2019

C_DeArco - I have a family of 6 - oldest is 16, youngest is 10. We went from an Expedition EL to the Model X 6 seater.

The inside feels very spacious in the X - which surprises everyone that gets in it. From the outside it doesn't look like it would be that roomy - but they get in and they are amazed.

I am 6 feet tall and I fit just fine in the very back seats - but only in the 6 seater - as it has the open space between the two seats to stretch the legs out into if need be.

Our family lives a little over 500 miles away one way - some even further. We wondered how this would work with charging - as we were normally drive straight there - one stop to get gas - get there as fast as we could. We have since found that stopping to charge actually helps with the trip - we feel more relaxed and better when we get there as we had time to stretch inbetween. Plus we have played cards as a family while waiting to charge, gotten Blizzards that we normally wouldn't have gotten, played catch with football, etc... It has been great - while nice if could get to our destination in 8 hours, hasn't been a big deal taking 9 hours instead.

Flip down screens - this doesn't exist in the Tesla. So that is a no - but you can find ways to set up iPads, tablets, etc... More flexibility with a tablet and usually cheaper....

Price - a used one shouldn't be more than the new ones :) Make sure the ones you are looking at are not Performance ones - price range you are looking at for a used 100D should be able to find one in or close to that.

Any more questions just ask.

C_DeArco | 22 aprile 2019

Thanks Burdogg that helped a lot. I have found a used Model X 100D. However it was in an minor accident that required a new front bumper. Is this too risky? Or if something is wrong my insurance will cover the cost of it being totaled?

burdogg | 22 aprile 2019

Good question - I don't have a great answer on that one :)

I don't think your insurance will cover anything unless you actually had the accident yourself - but I have no clue there.

I personally would keep looking - I wouldn't buy a Tesla from a dealer...just me though (I think you said in another post it was a dealer)

beaver | 23 aprile 2019

Hey you Model Xers still show free unlimited supercharging in your online account? It switched to pay per charge for a lot of Model 3 owners yesterday. Likely a website bug but we wanted to check with another model

TeslaTap.com | 23 aprile 2019

@C_DeArco - Depends on the severity. A lot of low speed accidents can damage the bumper, but nothing behind it. A bumper replacement is a fairly easy, low risk thing. If you can find out more about what was done, it may help in the decision. Also price is a factor - if at a significant discount, it may be well worth it once you know what was done.

Pages