Submitted by adamgreen on Mon, 2015-09-21 21:07
So we're finally at T-7 and counting.
Things I hope to be surprises in the Model X features:
1) detachable "dock" touchscreen (obvious security and utility advantages like remote control driving the car into a parking spot)
2) 360 surround cameras with "dashcam" full time recording, bump and glass break sensor for "who hit my car while it was parked?" etc.
3) height adjustable suspension (kneeling entry mode, lifted off-road rock crawler mode, boat ramp mode)
4) off-road traction modes (snow especially, but also sand and rock-crawler, like Range Rover, Mercedes, etc.)
5) removable second row for "camper van" mode and "utility vehicle" mode.
6) all wheel steering maybe even with "crab to park" modes and extreme short radius turning circle (even on axis?)
7) spare wheel ... air suspension capable of lifting a corner to facilitate spare wheel swap without a jack ...?
8) of course Android Auto and Apple Car Play compatibility
1) briefcase battery packs (drop two or four brief case battery packs in the back, now you've got a 110D, compatible as modular powerwall packs, too)
2) delayed availability upgrade to mirrorless camera door mirrors
3) augmented reality heads up display projection on all windows with "transparent" mode to see through the quarter panels for parking, turning
4) solar photovoltaic paint and window filaments
5) energy regenerative suspension and heat scavenging
6) induction charging (on city commute lanes and to expand existing supercharger location vehicle capacity)
7) falcon wing door upgrade to lift occupied wheel chair into second row with option to roll forward or transfer to rotating driver or front passenger position