Forums

WAIT TO BUY, NEW MODEL S DIES AT 800 MILES

WAIT TO BUY, NEW MODEL S DIES AT 800 MILES

I just purchased a 2018 Model S. It has 800 miles on it. I've owned it for 6 days.
Yesterday it completely died. It won't turn on, it has no power at all. It had be towed to Tesla yesterday.
Since then, I haven't received one phone call. When I called customer support, I was told there are no loaner cars available, so I'm without a car.

Here in Denver (and on the customer support line), the customer support has been HORRIBLE. There's no manager on duty at the dealership today, so really nobody who can answer my questions or support my transportation needs.

TESLA FALLING SHORT ON THEIR MISSION.

joshpoles | 20 luglio 2018

joshpoles | 20 luglio 2018

SO | 20 luglio 2018

Sorry to hear that. You’ll get it fixed. Relax. Bad things happen sometimes.

Anzir | 20 luglio 2018

Was this an inventory car? Hopefully they fix this quickly.

EVRider | 20 luglio 2018

Wait for what, exactly? Tesla has been producing the Model S for 6 years.

SCCRENDO | 20 luglio 2018

@joshpoles. Chek with the SC. Often there are Tesla loaners. But if not they always give you an Enterprize loaner. Unfortunately diagnosis and repair can take a few days sometimes. But they will take care of you. I guess when you are asking what to buy many would think you are getting a little hysterical. A car dying perhaps for a minor reason even at 800 miles does not truly constitute a lemon. So feel free to buy a Pinto or something but Tesla will sort you out and I am betting you ain’t getting your money back on the Model S

Xerogas | 20 luglio 2018

TESLA SHORTS FAILING IN THEIR MISSION

lilbean | 20 luglio 2018

Did you plug it in?

SCCRENDO | 20 luglio 2018

@lilbean. At least he is not pimping his code

lilbean | 20 luglio 2018

That's true sccr.

joshpoles | 21 luglio 2018

Finally found someone who stepped up and provided a loaner. Still waiting to hear why the new car failed.

joshpoles | 21 luglio 2018

Thanks for the replies. Of course, the car was plugged in.
Of note, the care failed for about on e minute the day before it died, so I agree there might be something more sinister going on beyond the 12V battery.

Tesla Denver staff finally pulled a loaner out of the cherry creek show room, and yes Enterprise became an option.... after I asked. Still waiting to hear why the new car failed.

And yes, I posted in multiple places because, frankly, the level of service that was being provided was way below my expectations for any new car, not just a Tesla. Fingers crossed some trust can be saved here.