Car wash attendants
Valets
Service personal
Friends
Family
Tire shops
Body shops
etc.

So you put in that password for Bank of America, and it allows anyone who has access to your car to transfer all your money out of your account. Have a Tesla account with saved password? Someone could order accessories and have them shipped to another address. All sorts of reasons that password saving is a bad idea in a car's browser.

A better solution would be phone display mirroring, where the browser runs from the phone where you have more security. Still, no idea if this will happen someday or not. My guess is there are some messy technical challenges due to vehicle regulations.

lilbean | 27 ottobre 2018

You guys actually use that slow browser?

StatsApp | 27 ottobre 2018

The browser does save the password for a while (about half a day) already. For some reason, after authentication, it forwards to the tesla account page automatically.

Bill_75D | 27 ottobre 2018

I wanted to use it for Tesla Waze and Tesla Winds, but it only worked for about an hour. Now I just get a blank white screen. It won't even load Google's search page.

lilbean | 27 ottobre 2018

I wouldn’t use the browser. Only Tesla can clear the cache and I don’t want it to take up useful memory.

PBEndo | 27 ottobre 2018

There's a browser?

hpjtv | 27 ottobre 2018

I always use the browser, works great with my BlueIris Security software to monitor my place. I can remotely open and close my gate and unlock my doors and using the browser, double check my video feeds. Great for keeping an eye on those Amazon delivery guys.