Forums

Voice Command Compendium

Voice Command Compendium

I thought it would be helpful to compile a list of known voice commands as well as a list of commands that should be implemented to help keep our eyes on the road. I will edit the OP with any additional inputs. I am calling anything that takes your attention away from driving as "missing commands" and everything else as "nice-to-have". What am I missing?

Known Commands:

play {*}
{note, bug report} {*}
{drive,navigate,take me} to {*}
Call {*}
Where is {*}

Missing Commands:

Set cabin temperature to {xx}
Turn AC {on/off}
{Love,Like,Dislike,Hate} this song
Turn wipers {on,off,auto}
{increase, decrease} wiper [speed]
Turn {on,off} {front,rear} defogger
Set driving mode to {chill,standard,ludicrous}
{fold,unfold} mirrors
answer call
{drive,navigate} to [the nearest] {*}
Set fan speed to {off,1,2,3,max,min}

Nice-to-have Commands:

{Lock,unlock} doors
open {front,rear} trunk
Direct vents at me
My feet are cold
open glovebox
Navigate to {contact person}
Text {contact} {message}
Read last text [from {contact}]
Select {radio, USB, Phone}
Enable FOD/Turn on emissions
Set emissions to [rear] {driver, passenger}
Switch to {Google Assistant, Alexa, etc}
Stream {*} playlist [random]
I'm Hungry
Repeat Instruction
Record a memo
I don't feel safe/Save Cameras
Stock price {*}

WonkoTheSane | 14 novembre 2018

If you ask it to "Open the pod bay doors, Hal" Elon will send you a check for 42 cents.

hokiegir1 | 14 novembre 2018

I don't need commands for things that are a single click on the home screen like defrosters, HVAC on/off, wipers (I do a single swipe to bring up the card, then it's just a push of which setting I want), door locks, and trunk/frunk. Setting temp might be nice, but again -- it's on the home screen, so just a couple presses.

Folding mirrors and opening the glove box would be good. Those are pretty buried in menus (not as bad as they were) -- and having a "backup" method for the glove box would be a good thing in case of screen damage.

TickTock | 14 novembre 2018

@WTS LOL. Really? Talk about your mixed metaphors.
@hokiegirl. Agree that there are some more important than others. The like/dislike song, for example, is also easily accessed on the top screen. However, I still have to take my eyes off the road to find it.

thedrisin | 14 novembre 2018

Answer call.

walnotr | 14 novembre 2018

When I do a voice command like “bug report” the screen says things like “snow report”. Then I spend more time looking at the screen to see what it didn’t understand. I’d do a bug report but . . .

BTW I don’t live in snow country so that’s not very helpful either. :-)

melmartin | 14 novembre 2018

You cam also say "drive to" in addition to "navigate to".

cincyBrad | 14 novembre 2018

You might classify this under Phone Integration improvements, but would be nice to have:

- "Navigate to [Contact Name]"

Also, add in Texting support for Phone Contacts:

- "Text [Contact Name] .... [Message]"

TickTock | 14 novembre 2018

@cincyBrad Yup. Totally agree texting needs to be integrated. Luckily @hokiegir1 showed me how to use Google Assistant for that as a work-around ( https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/using-google-assistant-while-strea... ). Will add your suggestion.

Effopec | 14 novembre 2018

The like/unlike would be nice - or at least move the icons further apart on the screen. My wife tried to like a song just as we hit a driveway entrance and her hand jerked over to the unlike. Now we'll never hear that song again. Unlike should at least get a "are you sure?"

sthatip | 14 novembre 2018

you missed

Where is (*) e.g StarBucks

jvcesare | 14 novembre 2018

Changing inputs would be nice:
Select {radio, USB, iPhone}

dsvick | 14 novembre 2018
davideshay | 14 novembre 2018

@hokiegir1, I disagree that you don't need these as voice commands because they are on the screen. #1 -- it's winter now and I just started wearing gloves... unfortunately my favorite gloves aren't the touch screen kind, so it would the voice commands would be great instead. (yeah, yeah, first world problems...) #2 -- would still be safer for some of these.

rxlawdude | 14 novembre 2018

I seem to remember Elon promising a vastly expanded voice command capability in the M3.

staze | 14 novembre 2018

@rxlawdude, you have a good memory sir.

https://www.teslarati. com/tesla-model-3-voice-commands-features-musk/

callen | 14 novembre 2018

I can’t get the voice command to do anything - it doesn’t recognize anything or respond when i say “Call X” or “Play Y”. Not sure if anyone has suggestions on that?

Nicktoledo | 14 novembre 2018

I always use "take me to..."

TickTock | 15 novembre 2018

@Effopec, Don't know if this will work, but you can try searching for that specific song, playing it, and then liking it. Hopefully it doesn't just create a new category and instead overwrites the unlike on the current.

TickTock | 15 novembre 2018

@callen, I would suggest first asking a friend to try the commands (in case you have an accent or other nuance that the computer has problems with). If others also cannot use the voice commands in your car, I regret that your only option is likely a service call. :-( My car understands me quite well. Although today Tesla did get a note from me stating "School zone, *long* speed limit" :-)

TickTock | 13 gennaio 2019

Added "Enable emissions/FOD." This is an extremely important feature since you have to re-enable it every time the car turns on and your passengers might see you do it. :-)

RedPillSucks | 16 gennaio 2019

@callen Do you have a scotts or danish accent?

Hausandr | 16 gennaio 2019

“Set fan to {1,2,3...}”
I don’t use auto AC so a that would be nice. The model S used the right scroll wheel for that. That would another option I suppose.

TickTock | 17 gennaio 2019

@Hausandr - good one. added.

cabbower | 17 gennaio 2019

Wiper voice control would be great.

VoltChris | 17 gennaio 2019

The sad part is a Toyota Corolla responds to more voice commands than my TM3, it also has full Bluetooth audio support (think playlist/artist/etc) that Tesla's never had

Kahn | 20 gennaio 2019

You can navigate yo categories. Ie navigate to Japanese restaurant in etc. And it gives you a list.

wiboater4 | 21 gennaio 2019

davideshay If you preheat the car you should be able to take your gloves off while driving.

TickTock | 24 giugno 2019