Forums

Teenager Mode

Teenager Mode

My teens drive me nuts. Everytime they get into the car for even a 10 minute drive they have to stream their music off their playlist. Then I am left in the dust, driving and scrolling through several window to return back to my podcast. Wouldn't it be great if Tesla had a, "Teen mode" (really a guest mode) so that when the annoying teen left the car the sytem would default back to the parent's (really owner) phone or last played item?
-Or if that is not possible, keep their door locked until they have returned the system back the way they found it :)

carlk | 17 gennaio 2019

Perhaps Tesla could add favorite to driver's profile.

Or you could learn to appreciate rap and hip hop. ;)

patswin | 18 gennaio 2019

I thought you were going in a different direction on this one. I would like a teenager profile that locks it in chill mode and can limit to a set speed. There are probably a whole lot of restrictions they could put on a teenager mode that would suck the fun out of driving it for them.

That would be a great thing too. Especially if it was customizable and you could slowly add things back in as they prove themselves to be responsible drivers.

RJMIII | 18 gennaio 2019

@patswin - it already has that mode. You can set a PIN activated speed limit. When the speed limit is active the car stays in chill mode.

lapiazzatulare | 18 gennaio 2019

patswin- Let them drive!- I'm not that nice. They get the 2009 Honda Odyssey :)

lapiazzatulare | 18 gennaio 2019

patswin- Let them drive!- I'm not that nice. They get the 2009 Honda Odyssey :)