Forums

Changing screen language

Changing screen language

I'm about to take delivery of a M3 in Europe but I'm concerned that the default language will not be in English.
Does anyone have experience with changing the default language on model 3?

Thanks

EVRider | 19 gennaio 2019

Ask Tesla about that. I don't see anything in the manual, but at one point it was possible to change languages in the Model S. Tesla might be able to configure the language for you if it's not English and you can't do it yourself.

kcheng | 19 gennaio 2019

Would be kind of cool, if the phone you link to your vehicle, determines the language of the UI.

gballant4570 | 19 gennaio 2019

I have not changed it, but I would think its part of your profile in the car. I don't recall the steps in setting that up though....

GFDriver | 20 gennaio 2019

Strange, I have seen posts about changing language in Model S, but nothing for Model 3.

EVRider | 20 gennaio 2019

Not that strange. The old forum threads about being able to change the language in the settings pre-date Model 3. It’s possible the setting is only available in certain markets, if it’s still available anywhere.

EVRider | 20 gennaio 2019

I just checked both my Model S and Model 3, and neither one provides an option to change the language. I'm in the US. If you're buying your M3 new from Tesla, check with them about the language.

GFDriver | 21 gennaio 2019

Thanks for taking the time to check both your Models S & 3. Much appreciated. I will call Tesla France.

GFDriver | 22 gennaio 2019

I finally got through to Tesla France today and they confirmed they could set the screen language to English for me.
Not sure of other options.

guydude | 23 gennaio 2019

Awesome!

RoGr | 23 gennaio 2019

Thanks for asking the question, g.f.duffy. I'm in the same boat: despite German fluency, I'll prefer to have my Model 3 set to English.

jpschuchna | 2 febbraio 2019

Had a Model 3 test drive today in Germany. It is possible to change the language from German to English via the display settings. Same as in Model S.

justin | 10 dicembre 2019

where can i find the option on the menu to change the language, it is set to german i would like english. thanks

piotr | 10 dicembre 2019

The manual (page 116) says menu Display->Language. Also Navigation Language, Time format etc.

jialiang.gu1 | 16 gennaio 2020

Just changed my Model3 language from English to Chinese from Control->Display->Language