Forums

Tesla Shareholders: Please vote on and/or submit your questions to be asked on the Tesla Q4 conference call

Tesla Shareholders: Please vote on and/or submit your questions to be asked on the Tesla Q4 conference call

Go to say.com to participate. The number of shares you own determines the weight of your vote. Questions to be presented to Tesla for consideration.

The more shares represented, the more likely your voice will be heard!

carlk | 29 gennaio 2019

I certainly like to know more to satisfy my curiosity but on the other hand I see no point of trying to micromanage the company. It's just not a good thing to do on every level.

jordanrichard | 29 gennaio 2019

and just how does one prove they have shares and how many.................? I am a shareholder and have been since I ordered my car literal 5 years ago this past Sunday, but how would I prove that?

El Mirio | 29 gennaio 2019

you have to link to your brokerage account, hence why I passed on this.

AtlantaCourier | 29 gennaio 2019

Well, if the questions suck, they won't get asked. That's the point of voting

You can only vote if you give up your brokerage account login information.... no thanks.

Mike83 | 29 gennaio 2019

no

SO | 29 gennaio 2019

I signed up. Supposedly it’s a passthru verification and they don’t see or keep your credentials. But who knows if they are lying. It seems legit though. I just wish it shelled out to the brokerage account rather than an embedded form. Then I could at least see the URL. (Like what PayPal does.)

So if someone buys a new Roadster from my funds, I’ll know who to look at. But at least with 2 factor authentication, the threat of theft should be mitigated.

SO | 29 gennaio 2019

Some people talked about opening a brokerage account with one share for this purpose.

eric | 29 gennaio 2019

We use Quovo (now part of Plaid) to handle brokerage verification. Same system that you would use for setting up your bank accounts through Mint or similar finance tools. We don't store broker creds.

Source: i'm cto @ say.

Yeah but doesn't it also get weight based on how many shares one has, not just the votes?

AtlantaCourier | 29 gennaio 2019

Your voting clout is proportional to the number of shares you own when voting on other peoples questions . But you only need 1 share to submit a question

eric | 29 gennaio 2019

you can also sort based on # of votes instead of total # of shares FYI

carlk | 29 gennaio 2019

The logic is totally screwed. Ones who have questions should be those who have not bought the stock yet. Something is wrong if you own stocks and still have questions the need to be answered. There is always proxy voting to exercise your shareholder power. Most of all you can always buy other stocks with business model that fits your investment goals better.

Jeff Bezos never attends ER Q&A. He thought that only benetif Wall Street traders but not investors and has no (positive) effect on the business.