Forums

Replacement Wiper Blades

Replacement Wiper Blades

What are the best replacement wiper blades? I got some but they miss spots when they wipe.

M3phan | 15 febbraio 2019

I just used OEM replacements from the SC when my originals started chattering.

kthang | 15 febbraio 2019

Tesla service should be able to replace them for you.

zx6rman | 16 febbraio 2019

Rain-X. The best ones, 'latitude' I think. They work so much better than OEM. Next time I'm going to go 1" shorter on both. I put 26” & 19”. Will do 25" and 18" next time, especially the 19.

roger.klurfeld | 17 febbraio 2019

The best blades I've ever installed on a car are Bosch Icons, but not yet on my Model 3. I haven't tried PIAA wipers. Claying your windshield is important to remove all the dirt and make it smooth. I use a Magic Eraser dipped in ONR for lubrication. On all the glass including the top.

vmulla | 17 febbraio 2019

I'm due for wiper replacement as well.

Can someone who actually replaced the wipers on the Model 3 with non-OEM types share what they used.

Someone posted that the Michelin wipers from Costco DO NOT fit. That's useful info.

It's good to have a list of all the wipers that actually fit the Model 3.

Thanks all.

raffidesigns | 17 febbraio 2019

Tesla will replace wiper blades when you schedule your maintenance day or if you schedule an appointment.

vmulla | 17 febbraio 2019

@raffidesigns,
That's good to know, I'm glad. In my experience Tesla Service's generosity isn't uniform and varies based on location, load and service consultant. Besides, it's not worth scheduling a service appointment on something that's less than $20 - it's just not right to block a service spot, its just going to make the service wait longer for others.

sjm4660 | 17 febbraio 2019

Does anyone know how to lift the wiper blades clear of the windshield in order to replace the blades? I put them in 'service mode' which moves them clear of the hood but they can't be lifted clear of the screen. Presumably there's a locking device somewhere in the arm but I can't find it.