Forums

What not to do in our Teslas...

What not to do in our Teslas...

Frank99 | 15 febbraio 2019

Ouch!

kevin_rf | 15 febbraio 2019

If the dude had just left it in chill mode.....

Bighorn | 15 febbraio 2019

Nice that the hazards came on automatically.

M3phan | 15 febbraio 2019

Seriously?! That ahole Tesla driver should be sued into oblivion. So fortunate no one died.

ebmcs03 | 15 febbraio 2019

Wow!

rdavis | 15 febbraio 2019

wow... what luck to have an ambulance sitting at that same light too...

Shesmyne2 | 15 febbraio 2019

What not to do in ANY vehicle.
So many times that 'I can make that light' is just a bad choice.
And in a Tesla, I know I can make the light. It's the other variables that make me wait.
Be safe out there.

Still Grinning ;-)

batmanasb | 15 febbraio 2019

God damn, these things really are tanks! Really fast tanks that should be driven safely!

owlegrad2 | 15 febbraio 2019

Wow they really need to fix that autopilot glitch!

JAD | 15 febbraio 2019

The driver is an idiot, but the often overlooked star of the car is the safety. Hitting a giant SUV at 128 mph and having no injuries is amazing.

CST | 16 febbraio 2019

Typical Miami!

SO | 16 febbraio 2019

I wonder if the driver of the Tesla was drunk. That can be a major factor in walking away from an accident if you are more “loose”.

Not that I advocate drunk driving.

PECo CT | 16 febbraio 2019

The driver of the Tesla is a Model S-hole. No driver of a Model 3 would drive like that. Right?!?!

jimglas | 16 febbraio 2019

Seems like at least 2 cars routinely continue to go thru after the light turns red. There are a lot of A-hole out there.

jimglas | 16 febbraio 2019

The only thing the IRS cares about is if you took delivery of the car to claim the tax credit

richardls | 19 febbraio 2019

@SO, considering he wasn't charged with DUI, I don't think he was drunk.
There are two remarkable things here in my mind: 1. How stupid the driver of the Model S was. We all know how quick Teslas can be, but launching it to 80 miles above the speed limit to try to make a light is clearly reckless (remarkably no one is dead). 2. Teslas perform better (based on NTSB crash tests) than any other cars tested (with the Model 3 being #1). The fact that the driver and passenger walked away unharmed from such a high speed shows that real life crashes verify the tests.

kevin_rf | 19 febbraio 2019

People running red lights are everywhere... Even, run them coming from a complete stop after a firetruck passes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dseOk3MUA0g

neylus | 19 febbraio 2019

Tesla broadsides and SUV @ 128 MPH and BOTH occupants were not injured, remarkable.

SteveWin1 | 19 febbraio 2019

You can see the Tesla continuing to drive forward and into the SUV a second time after colliding with the SUV and bouncing back some (relative to the SUV). Either autopilot was on and didn't realize it had hit something or the dude mashed the accelerator by accident. Glad everyone survived.

amatiych | 19 febbraio 2019

I don't think Autopilot would be still on at 128MPH. Is not there a limit?
The fact that the two people in the Tesla were not injured is remarkable.

Bighorn | 19 febbraio 2019

Auto steer cancels at 91 MPH

RedPillSucks | 19 febbraio 2019

Wonder if this would have made the news if a Tesla wasn't involved

MRNot01 | 19 febbraio 2019

@JAD & neylus: That's what I was thinkin'... Holy wow! Safe car, even if the driver's a waste of flesh.

greg | 19 febbraio 2019

Hey everyone is ignoring the true lead story here.

The Tesla did NOT catch fire following the accident.
And nor did the SUV. Amazing!
Although it did rollover several times. Which probably helped dissipate the kinetic energy of the crash a lot.
Even if its not so good for the SUV occupants.

Oh and the Tesla's black box supposedly shows it actually hit the SUV at a "mere" 93 MPH,.

Having been slowed from 128 MPH, 2 seconds before the crash.

Had that slow down not happened. I doubt *anyone* would be alive from that crash - neither Tesla occupants or the SUV occupants.

jim | 19 febbraio 2019

Congratulations to Jose Soto (the idiot driving the TESLA). You are now part of the pantheon of morons who have managed to associate the TESLA brand with their spectacularly stupid behavior. I am glad you didn't kill the people in the SUV. I hope they sue you into poverty and you lose your license.