Forums

Climate Control activated while charging, not sure why.

Climate Control activated while charging, not sure why.

It's about 45 degrees here in LA and I just hit my Tesla app to see if my car was through charging, and noticed the temperature in the car was 71 degrees. So the only way that would be is if somehow the heater is on. But the app say it's not. Went out to the car, quickly got in it, and sure enough, the heater was on and it was indeed about 71 degrees in the car.

So, does anyone know why this would happen, and how can I prevent the Climate Control from coming on while charging? Actually, I'm not sure the Climate Control being on has anything to do with charging, but I didn't activate it manually today. However, I did activate it yesterday before getting in the car and taking a trip, but I assume that once you get in the car and drive, it doesn't remain activated after you end your trip and leave the car, no?

don.lind | 18 febbraio 2019

There is an option in the menus that says to keep climate control on after I exit the car... might be worth checking that?

kevin_rf | 18 febbraio 2019

Also might be worth checking if a door wasn't closed properly. Leaving a door open can result in it staying on... do you have teenagers? My money is on one left the door open.

63strat | 18 febbraio 2019

Well, menu option says it's turned off for keeping climatic control on after exiting. And no indicators saying open doors, but I'll check that, thanks.

Bighorn | 18 febbraio 2019

You would have had to be intentional about keeping the climate on at exit. I was also going to suggest a door wasn't fully latched. Not sure what else would cause it besides a gremlin.

VAog3fan | 18 febbraio 2019

My car can get into the 70s if it's in the sun, even on 30/40 degree days. And if mine had been running I wouldn't be able to hear it running when I got in - it's (mine) almost silent when it's up to temp.