Forums

Kandi got two electric vehicles approved for import to US

Kandi got two electric vehicles approved for import to US

KNDI is the symbol

reed_lewis | 20 febbraio 2019

OK. This obviously requires posting the video for "I Want Candy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoXVYSV4Xcs

rxlawdude | 20 febbraio 2019

Candy rots teeth. The EV of choice for dentists?

jordanrichard | 20 febbraio 2019

"vehicles". that can mean anything. A Polaris Slingshot is a "vehicle".

rxlawdude | 20 febbraio 2019

Water, sesame oil, and alcohol are "vehicles" in my line of work. :-)

TeslaTap.com | 21 febbraio 2019

Kandi to ship its Model EX3 and Model K22. The EX3 is a small SUV with 188 miles of range (not EPA, so could be less). The K22 is a 2 seat sub-compact with only 83 miles. There big advantage may be price - low enough for people to risk an unknown (in the USA), China made vehicle. It could be a year or more before we hear what the safety level of these cars is with crash tests.

jordanrichard | 21 febbraio 2019

Well, if they just got the green light to import them into the U.S., then that means they meet at least the minimum safety requirements.

sschaem | 21 febbraio 2019

Its interesting to me those Chinese made and Chinese owned company get tax payer to fully fund their US sales via the $7000 federal tax credit.
I saw a lot of hate toward Tesla for getting the tax credit, but so far nobody seem to have a problem with China getting tax payer help selling us their products.

in contrast Tesla gets HAMMERED in China. massive tariff + ZERO access to incentives. Kandi gets like $10,000 of their car paid by the government over their .

I thought Trump was going to fix all this BS ? but it seem he is no better then Obama, Bush and Clinton on trade.

carlk | 21 febbraio 2019

sschaem Not only the Chinese but Germans and Japanese (other than Nissan) had never taken any risks or put in serious efforts but they are now rewarded with the advantage over American companies Tesla and GM. Although I bet you those "patriotic" American tax paying Tesla haters will not have an opinion on that this time around.

carlk | 21 febbraio 2019

sschaem Not only the Chinese but Germans and Japanese (other than Nissan) had never taken any risks or put in serious efforts but they are now rewarded with the advantage over American companies Tesla and GM. Although I bet you those "patriotic" American tax paying Tesla haters will not have an opinion on that this time around.

kcheng | 21 febbraio 2019

The $30k EX3 has a 42kWh battery, rated for 188 miles?!? Must be WTLP rating. Can't exceed 75mph. Weighs under 2700lbs. It may be approved for import, but it's DOA. A slow EV built like a tin can. Why not get a 40kW Leaf for $30k instead?

TeslaTap.com | 22 febbraio 2019

@jordanrichard - minimum safety requirements in the USA are quite minimal.

kcheng | 22 febbraio 2019

Yeah, but getting 1 star out of 5 for safety, which is my prediction, is not exactly going to set the World on fire, if you know what I mean. The car weighs about 800 to 900 lbs less than comparable 40kWh battery powered EVs. It makes tin cans look fat!